Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Symbiosis mechanic

0_The_F00l

I have been using different weapons from corpus , grineer and infested labs , i have a special liking for the infested items,

Since infested weapons are technically alive , i think they should have some sort of symbiosis between weapon types,

Have a symbiosis stack ,

this stack rises with number of additional infested weapons in squad or on person,

having more stacks will boost certain aspects of the weapons,

Example of Basic working:

a) 1 single weapon - no bonus everything is normal,

b) 2 weapons , melee will get 10 % speed boost , primary will get 10 % damage boost , secondary will get 10 % fire rate boost

c) 3 weapons , 20 % boost to each weapon depending on type

d) hard cap of 50% (if your squad has more than 5 weapons of infested type then they will have not rise above 50%)

this bonus will only work if they are within affinity range, its just an example , actual numbers i will leave up to proper balance.

Or Maybe have each weapon boosts a specific feature that is useful to it.

Like Torid, scoliac ,embolist get bonus range,

Acrid (i am not sure this should be part of infested weapon type , i always believed it should be Grineer) , Hema and dual ichor get a speed / fire rate rise etc.

My logic for demanding this:

they are infested, they are effectively part of the same organism ,

when they sense each other they should try to help each other.

17 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Then there would have to be a similar thing for Grineer, Corpus and Tenno weapons.

i wouldn't mind , but grineer should give armor (or reduce armor on enemies?) and corpus should boost shields (or cause bonus damage to shields?) , not create symbiosis.

i have already mentioned why i want this, specifically for infested.

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

i wouldn't mind , but grineer should give armor (or reduce armor on enemies?) and corpus should boost shields (or cause bonus damage to shields?) , not create symbiosis.

i have already mentioned why i want this, specifically for infested.

That's just the name of the system for Infested. They aren't going to create what is essentially a faction based set bonus just for one faction.

I think it would be pretty cool if they did this, I love the infestead weapons and it could make sense for them to do some minor stat increases by having certain infestead weapons equipped but that could take some work. 

All the infestead weapons already have a symbiotic relationship with the wielder so why not the other weapons?

On 9/24/2017 at 7:40 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

I have been using different weapons from corpus , grineer and infested labs , i have a special liking for the infested items,

Since infested weapons are technically alive , i think they should have some sort of symbiosis between weapon types,

Have a symbiosis stack ,

this stack rises with number of additional infested weapons in squad or on person,

having more stacks will boost certain aspects of the weapons,

Example of Basic working:

a) 1 single weapon - no bonus everything is normal,

b) 2 weapons , melee will get 10 % speed boost , primary will get 10 % damage boost , secondary will get 10 % fire rate boost

c) 3 weapons , 20 % boost to each weapon depending on type

d) hard cap of 50% (if your squad has more than 5 weapons of infested type then they will have not rise above 50%)

this bonus will only work if they are within affinity range, its just an example , actual numbers i will leave up to proper balance.

Or Maybe have each weapon boosts a specific feature that is useful to it.

Like Torid, scoliac ,embolist get bonus range,

Acrid (i am not sure this should be part of infested weapon type , i always believed it should be Grineer) , Hema and dual ichor get a speed / fire rate rise etc.

My logic for demanding this:

they are infested, they are effectively part of the same organism ,

when they sense each other they should try to help each other.

Does Nidus count?

16 hours ago, Helios1414 said:

I think nidus would count and if he does then the Djin sentinel or infestead charger pet should too, by the end of all of it you could already have 4 points to it

I dont mind any infested item , frame , sentinel or kubrow(?) considering the infested weapons are always lacking in just one thing from making it great it could balance out.