Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just my 2 cents on a Mag rework

Luther848

You guys know the deal; new Mag deluxe skin with a high chance of some Mag changes.

1. Pull
    1. Make it a projectile that sucks nearby enemies towards the point where it hit into a neat pile. 
      1. Augment Suggestion: Change the augment to instead create a ball of enemies that stick together and suck in nearby enemies before releasing them (can increase the duration of the ball o enemies by casting Pull at it.) Smack it with you melee weapon take make Katamari 
  2. Magnetize
    1. It's fine as is just make the Augment innate.
      1. Augment Suggestions: The Magnetize bubble removes armor/shield shards based on the damage the enemies in the bubble takes. Ex: Bombard takes 300 damage and creates a 300 damage shard which floats around doing damage (The shards don't create more shards) the Bombard doesn't lose any armor.
  3. Polarize
    1. Make it reduce armor/shields by percent (maybe like 30%). The initial shield boost should be able to give overshields and while teammates are withing Polarize they get constant shield regen and increased regen speed.
      1. Augment Suggestions: Clears all status' on allies
  4. Crush
    1. Make it one-handed; god why isn't this already a thing. 
      1. Augment Suggestions: IDK she fires a Magnetic laser using her weird dome. I don't really have an idea for a cool and refreshing new augment but her current one works pretty well.

Most of these suggestions are pretty unbalanced but you get the general idea. Make Mag more interesting! She has Magnetize as her defining skill but she kinda flops with her other abilities. Pull is unreliable, Polarize doesn't do heck all at high levels, and Crush is the worst ability in the game. Played her as my first frame and loved her ability to nuke but when the redesign came I respected the devs decision to try and make her more versatile but I resented the fact that she went from pressing 3 all game to pressing 2 all game. That's my 2 cents.

There will likely be changes with the release of the deluxe skin. None of these qualify as changes so much as totally changing what she does. The first is no longer Pull but a totally new ability with the same name. The second is vaguely reasonable. The third just means every subsequent Polarize cast do less damage, the proposed augment having nothing to do with magnetism. Why should Crush be one handed? Is there another frame with an instant damage 4th that's one handed?

17 hours ago, peterc3 said:

There will likely be changes with the release of the deluxe skin. None of these qualify as changes so much as totally changing what she does. The first is no longer Pull but a totally new ability with the same name. The second is vaguely reasonable. The third just means every subsequent Polarize cast do less damage, the proposed augment having nothing to do with magnetism. Why should Crush be one handed? Is there another frame with an instant damage 4th that's one handed?

Fair critiques for the most part but I should probably explain that the Polarize I imagined shouldn't do damage at all and should just reduce the shields/armor of enemies while boosting ally shields. I believe Crush should be 1 handed because when you compare it to other stasis abilities like Rhino's stomp (Lock's you in place for the initial cast but the duration is much longer than the cast time) or Vauban's Bastille (which is just suspends enemies for a while and is 1 handed) it seems clear that simply making the casting animation not take up half the time the ability is active would significantly improve the ability.

• 1 month later...