Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unacceptable Game Support

Reduxe

Lol zendesk? 

Zendesk.com | Customer Service Software | Support Ticket System

zendesk is insta its just ticketing reporting system, please dont make this about zen desk, i use zen desk and gira. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them. If they got your complaint that means Zen desk is working as it should. Its the people in DE that refuse to provide the service in this case. Their reasoning might be sound or not but the fact that you kept the key not losing anything but your time is proof that you actually lost nothing and they don't have evidence to resolve issue without proof . Picture you posted provides no information whatsoever, i could easily copy your image and send them same one with a complaint, there is no proof that picture you supplied is actually the picture that you made, providing pictures with same metadata from game, before and after posted photo would give some form of evidence. BUT do you expect something like that from support that handles WRITTEN issues within their system database?: To react based on metadata of a photo? If they have no record in the data that means data was not stored and the error you got is exactly WHY AND CAUSE, if its not in the database it didn't happen.
They could go deeper and resolving your issue possibly find an error that causes data not to be stored in DB but that's a far fetch as well.

Continue to play the game, don't chase stuff, chasing stuff will make you frustrated nothing more you can do about RNG. Wish it, wait it but play the game for the game not the items that will inevitably come in their own time.
(i'm saying this from personal experience, i chased after a prime blade for a month, now 3 months later i have parts for 3 of them in foundry and one on me).

Just my way of looking at it.

P.S. I REALLY FEEL YOUR PAIN for not getting that bow, i want it so bad as well but i'm chill about it, vandal snip is solving that burn atm :D

Edited by Palamudin

I can see you clearly have no idea how support in games work.

If you claim something that's not in the system, you gotta have proof.

In another game we had a stream on doing a long instance that was known to crash, and as we guessed the progress wasn't saved and we lost the currency used. Support had nothing but to give back what we lost due to seeing it all happen on video.

Man up and eat your loss. Stream the next time.

I did have proof and even another person posted their own proof with multiple screenshots of what happened. 

And my mistake with not researching Zendesk more, I should have taken 9 days and posted a generic response about the whole issue I guess... I'll edit my original post reflecting this though, and for that I thank you. If you hate this this thread and myself so much why don't you just carry on and leave? 

pictures are not proof for something like this, numbers are.( i really hope what im referencing to by saying "numbers" )

Also these 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/72-performance-bugs/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/11-general-bugs/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/27-mission-bugs/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/21-gameplay-feedback/

are some more appropriate places you could have posted this thread in. However you choose to post it on the general forum. We can understand your anger but posting a thread thinking everyone will say "yes you are right" and not expecting back fire then you shouldnt have posted the thread in the first place. 

note: this happened to me multiple of time, however i dont go crying about it neither to the support desk nor the forum because i understand its not possible to bring such data. Think of a game, you might have reached the final boss, but if you havent saved and die, then you will restart from scratch. All i can hope for is for these "bugs-system troubles" or what ever they are to be fixed, aside from that i cant do much.

I expected people to disagree, this is the internet after all. I just wanted constructive criticism or feedback on how their experience were with support. I guess I thought too highly of some people.

Edited by Reduxe

I can see you clearly have no idea how support in games work.

If you claim something that's not in the system, you gotta have proof.

In another game we had a stream on doing a long instance that was known to crash, and as we guessed the progress wasn't saved and we lost the currency used. Support had nothing but to give back what we lost due to seeing it all happen on video.

Man up and eat your loss. Stream the next time.

You make a good point.

Actually that's genius. I think I'm going to start recording my gaming sessions as collateral, also if I encounter a bug I have a video I can submit to support to show exactly how it occurred. 

YOU ARE A GENIUS I WANT TO KISS YOU! I'm not being sarcastic. This is actually genius. +1 for you.

Well Reduxe your making a mountain out of a mole hill. There is nothing wrong with the way your ticket was handled what so ever.

1: There was a coding error in the Paris Prime BP which made the server de-sync. Causing the loss and lack of ability to save the info. DE response was 100% correct they have no logged files due to this error. So they have no proof if your screen shot was a nice photoshop.

2: You didn't lose anything but a few minutes of your life. You didn't lose your key or anything. S@^t Happens.

3: DE knew about and promptly fixed the Paris Prime BP issue. And all is working fine.

4: ZOMG! You have to do void runs again ahhhhhh!!!! That's so life ending.

I expected people to disagree, this is the internet after all. I just wanted constructive criticism or feedback on how their experience were with support. I guess I thought too highly of some people.

You want feedback? Alright, out of my 3 support tickets, all 3 were solved and very nicely solved. First one was about my sentinel weapon not coming with a catalyst when I bought it with platinum before they added the weapon to sentinels. They gave me 20 platinum to buy a catalyst or anything else I wanted with it.

My second was a simple forum problem, solved within a day.

My most recent one was right after the clan scaling was put in and here's the response (after a good week and a two days).

Comments
LotusIcon.jpg
DEMatt

WARFRAME Support
  • Hi FateZero,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your ticket, we are experiencing a very high volume of tickets currently. Since you made the changes in your Clan Tier before the UI was updated with the warning and you have kept your numbers below 10 and destroyed the halls that raised your tier, I have reduced your clan tier back down to Ghost Status manually since this is not an option in game at the moment. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

July 23, 2013 15:28

So support is great when it comes to a problem they can actually solve and have records for.

2: You didn't lose anything but a few minutes of your life. You didn't lose your key or anything. S@^t Happens.

4: ZOMG! You have to do void runs again ahhhhhh!!!! That's so life ending.

You've clearly never ran a T3 Defence.

Or you did, and arnt good at it.

You've clearly never ran a T3 Defence.

Or you did, and arnt good at it.

Don't side rail this topic on some stupid T3 defense time. I made a point the point was valid get over it.

Next if your farming T3 defense for paris prime BP's then your doing it wrong.

My feedback: DE Support has been great. I have had 2 support tickets each recieved a response in less than 24 hours, the support member was kinda and courteous, it took no more than 3 replies back to handle my issue. The notification promptly went straight to my email on each reply and the support member offered to handle anymore of my questions before closing my ticket.

You followed 1 out of 4 of the methods, not that it would have changed anything in this situation since the problem occured with more than a few players from the same error, but for future references. These steps will help. they are also on the front page of DE's Support Page.

DxDiag.txt file: To find this, you will need to run DxDiag.exe and click on the Save All Information button on the bottom of the window. Then save the file to a directory of your choosing and attach that file to your ticket.

To run DxDiag.exe in Windows Vista/7, simply open the Start Menu and type DxDiag and click on the icon. To run it in WinXP, open the start menu and click on the Run... icon. Then just type in DxDiag to the text box and click OK.

EE.log file: This file can be found in C:\Users\YourWindowsAccountName\AppData\Local\Warframe or simply %LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe.

Note: This is in a hidden folder. To enable viewing hidden folders, open an explorer window and press Alt. Then, click Tools -> Folder Options. 

Then click on the View tab and under the advanced settings box, click on Show hidden files, folders and drives.

Once set, click on Apply to folders button and click Ok at the bottom of the window. This should allow you to see your App Data folder in your Windows users folder

Launcher.log file: If experiencing an issue regarding the launcher updating your game client, this file can be found in the same location as the EE.log file.

Screenshots: If you see a crazy visual issue, a screenshot can really help us understand what you're seeing.

If you are playing Warframe without Steam:

You can capture a screenshot by pressing F6 in game. The screenshots will then appear in the Captures folder in your Warframe installation directory

Default directory is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Warframe\Downloaded\Public\Captures

If you are using Steam:

You can capture a screenshot by pressing F6 in game. The screenshots will then appear in the Captures folder in your Steam-Warframe installation directory

Default directory is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Warframe\Captures

Or you can use Steam's screenshot functionality by pressing F12 in the game. The screenshots will then appear in the screenshots section of the Warframe entry in the game library. 

ITT: DE apologists

Seriously, where's the outrage? As soon as this happens to you, you'll make a thread about it. I hope to GOD you get shot down like you are doing to the OP here. I may even join in. If we don't fix this now, this will keep happening. Maybe DE should get better customer support. Maybe DE should get better record keeping. Maybe DE should fix their game issues. These fixes will never happen if no one talks about it. Don't be ignorant, forum community. Please?

Edited by DaClamps

ITT: DE apologists

Seriously, where's the outrage? As soon as this happens to you, you'll make a thread about it. I hope to GOD you get shot down like you are doing to the OP here. I may even join in. If we don't fix this now, this will keep happening. Maybe DE should get better customer support. Maybe DE should get better record keeping. Maybe DE should fix their game issues. These fixes will never happen if no one talks about it. Don't be ignorant, forum community. Please?

...Maybe they could could get some other beta testers (i.e. themselves) to run the missions a few times with special keys perhaps, that drop each BP and see if any bugs pop up, fix what does, and avoid this. (Really, I've seen a lot of void missions failing to save the match, did QA check it? I understand we're the main beta testers, but some basic QA should be done before hand because most of us (I assume) are not JUST beta testers, we're also paying customers, and bugs like these suck.)

While I get why DE doesn't want to give us items we lose in situations like this, it is almost always a bad idea to hurt legitimate customers to prevent others from exploiting the system. Let's say that they did allow screenshots to be proof enough to get your items back; Things like this wouldn't happen. Some less than honest people would also get free items. I don't see what's so bad about the second part, personally. I know this is the same argument used in favor of piracy, and that's a whole other debate... But DE doesn't actually lose anything aside from a few seconds of time refunding these items.

This issue wouldn't be too tough to fix, either; Just save some sort of notification on key use involving the tier, type, and players, and still save on the game's end. DE could easily, based on that, tell if you went on a mission, refund you the item you lost, and remove the key from the host's inventory. The worst way you could possibly exploit that system is by using a key, purposely crashing warframe, just to get an item you had a chance of getting anyway.

...Maybe they could could get some other beta testers (i.e. themselves) to run the missions a few times with special keys perhaps, that drop each BP and see if any bugs pop up, fix what does, and avoid this. (Really, I've seen a lot of void missions failing to save the match, did QA check it? I understand we're the main beta testers, but some basic QA should be done before hand because most of us (I assume) are not JUST beta testers, we're also paying customers, and bugs like these suck.)

The problem is, as I have addressed many times with DE employees, DE DOES NOT have internal QA; if they did, many of the bugs we see would never have made it to release.

This happens in a lot of other games before patches. Even though World of Tanks has been officially released, they still run a test server a few weeks before patch day to test things out and make sure everything is good and clear. I wish Warframe had a test server for their major patches and allowed players to jump on with lots of plat and creds and all the gear in the game available and lots of keys and just let us test it out.

This still goes back to the fact that DE alone, can't replicate EVERY scenario that happens, a lot goes into the errors that we get. They almost have to legitimately give it to us as is, because until a good number of us run through it, the problem will go unnoticed.

Its not about a system wide error happening, its about errors happening to certain players. DE or any Q&A can't replicate that, till people start sending in logs and giving better feedback. Unfortunately many players don't take the Beta Player/Tester role serious and just demand the game give them what they want or complain. For instance, the OP only submitted a screenshot, when DE already ask for about 2-3 different logs to better help identify where the problem originated.

The players hop right back onto Warframe, essentially erasing their previous data. Not to mention the number of players who get a crash and instead of allowing their system to play catch up and the Evolution Engine failure log to gather/send data, they ALT+F4, rage quit then complain more work needs to be done.

Its not about DE not giving us items, its the fact the drops are RNG, and if the saved data doesn't reach their Server, there's nothing they can do to recover it unless we send as much information (log files) as possible and that's still not a guarantee. At the end of the day the OP and many others got their keys restored and some never even lost the key after the error/crash, so in terms of having a chance to randomly getting drops again. You still have the same odds.

People are demanding that the problems be fixed, DE needs better Q&A and how they should handle their own game development...yet too many players are dropping the ball on reporting and following up on bugs/crashes.

Edited by OrokinNoob

You kept your key. i think that's good enough. They don't have the manpower nor resources to dump to give every single item anyone looses in a video game. I've played dozens of mmo's and lost dozens of good items due to various reasons. Be glad the coding allows for key refunds.

-snip-

Really? From my experience with the reaper prime/paris prime bug, it doesn't matter what happens, the data just doesn't save. From what I've heard, the exception is getting paris prime, not having it bug out (but I could be wrong with paris, I KNOW this is how it worked with reaper)

The problem is, as I have addressed many times with DE employees, DE DOES NOT have internal QA; if they did, many of the bugs we see would never have made it to release.

Exactly. Hell, wanna give another advantage to Masters/GMs? Test server for patches BEFORE they go out. They get max of everything to test buying items in the shop, crafting them, running new content, etc.

Only soultuion to this problemo is: " Lets we all scream and cry for the dedicated server! ". I still dont understand how DE is gonna provide good gaming experience for all players without dedicated server.

This isn't related to the P2P hosting, if my information is correct. Iirc, these issues saving certain items are actually based in discrepancies between the "server" you play on, and the "server" holding all our account information. Basically, an individual item gets screwed, and doesn't save properly, hence the Fang BP image on that Paris Prime BP

The players hop right back onto Warframe, essentially erasing their previous data. Not to mention the number of players who get a crash and instead of allowing their system to play catch up and the Evolution Engine failure log to gather/send data, they ALT+F4, rage quit then complain more work needs to be done.

What a shame, then, that the ticket system doesn't just SAY they need specific logs in the event of missing items. We had to wait 9 DAYS to be told that all of a sudden they needed logs that were only valid immediately after the mission ended.

There is a lot of room for improvement, and the DElusionals are too busy blindly defending the system to see how it can be fixed.

You kept your key. i think that's good enough. They don't have the manpower nor resources to dump to give every single item anyone looses in a video game. I've played dozens of mmo's and lost dozens of good items due to various reasons. Be glad the coding allows for key refunds.

You do understand that this is actually their responsibility right? This also is not hard to do, nor is it resource intensive... I work in the IT field with servers... I know. 

Wait... You are joking right?? My company just runs a website and we have 6 QA staff.... Not including the mobile team that does their own QA...