Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Better Forum Moderation.

ProfessorMeeseeks

The only thing you proved was that you are in no way any better as those trolls. You come here, insult a part of the community, and think thats ok? Srly. Your thread is just laughable. But go ahead. Talk about unnecessary insulting posts while your first post in this thread is full of insults. Man. I pity you.....

Yet you don't see yourself as one of them? When clearly you are? 

Yet you don't see yourself as one of them? When clearly you are? 

Please. Show me the sentece where I said I am perfect. At least im not trying to lecture the community about their attitude while being unable to be polite myself.

Imma say this as nice as possible, cuz im not trying to be a jerk: dont go on internet if you dont like the trolls? The internet is just one giant troll as is. Either learnt to DGAF uber hard like the rest of us or dont go on. Its really that simple.

So disrespectful comments should automatically be allowed because it is the internet? It's automatically ok because it's the internet? The entire point is that they need to implement better moderation so people aren't afraid to post their ideas and suggestions, even if they aren't good ideas, they should not have to sit and be called names and made fun of. This is DE's forums. Not ours. They do not moderate well, if at all. They are only hurting themselves with having very little to no moderation on their forums.

This is where I will say you are trolling. Never once did say you were perfect. Have a nice day. 

Just tell me. Dont you think yourself that your attitude is fake. You insult people yourself and yet you complain about the attitude of others.

Apparently you did not read the title now did you? Read it again. Actually, I'll type it here if it's easier for you. The forum post is titled: NEED BETTER FORUM MODERATION. Self explanatory. 

With how I responded, I am stating that with how you commented, you are only proving my point with needing better moderation. What you posted was rude and disrespectful and overall, it was an unnecessary comment. 

Gonna be honest here. You shouldn't be starting off a thread complaining about peoples attitudes when you come across as having a similar attitude to those you're pointing the finger at. Same goes for carrying on in that manner with sarcasm and underlying elements of rudeness. It sort of weakens your point. 

Edited by Naith

Gonna be honest here. You shouldn't be starting off a thread complaining about peoples attitudes when your come across as having a similar attitude to those you're pointing the finger at.

I guess nobody stops and thinks why I have a negative attitude. It is because every single post I make about an idea or suggestion, I get hate comments. Those hate comments are allowed by DE. Naturally, when you are treated like crap and constantly have hatred directed towards you, you tend to be in a bad mood too. Kind of hard to have a positive attitude when you are constantly being called names, flamed, and have hate comments directed at you all the time. 

So disrespectful comments should automatically be allowed because it is the internet? It's automatically ok because it's the internet? The entire point is that they need to implement better moderation so people aren't afraid to post their ideas and suggestions, even if they aren't good ideas, they should not have to sit and be called names and made fun of. This is DE's forums. Not ours. They do not moderate well, if at all. They are only hurting themselves with having very little to no moderation on their forums.

Did i say it was ok anywhere in my post? *rereads post* Nope, didnt say it. All im saying is that they cant stop everything and all in all its easier and more efficient to let people fight it out between themselves unless you physically have to break it up.

Also think about this: the moderators could have deleted posts that you never saw that were 10x worse than what you seen now. Moderators are behind the scenes workers, you rarely see them doing stuff, but they are. Its like the CIA, if you see them doing something, they're letting you see it.

I guess nobody stops and thinks why I have a negative attitude. It is because every single post I make about an idea or suggestion, I get hate comments. Those hate comments are allowed by DE. Naturally, when you are treated like crap and constantly have hatred directed towards you, you tend to be in a bad mood too. Kind of hard to have a positive attitude when you are constantly being called names, flamed, and have hate comments directed at you all the time. 

Then stop posting for a while or try to develop a thicker skin. I'm sorry but this happens all the time on the internet, it shouldn't but it does. Everywhere. This thread is having exactly the opposite response I'm sure you were looking for. Either way, starting off calling most people 'a-holes' isn't a good beginning point. You should try PMing Rebecca instead. She's responded to me when I PMed her. Need patience of course. 

Edited by Naith

Did i say it was ok anywhere in my post? *rereads post* Nope, didnt say it. All im saying is that they cant stop everything and all in all its easier and more efficient to let people fight it out between themselves unless you physically have to break it up.

Also think about this: the moderators could have deleted posts that you never saw that were 10x worse than what you seen now. Moderators are behind the scenes workers, you rarely see them doing stuff, but they are. Its like the CIA, if you see them doing something, they're letting you see it.

They make no attempt to even try to control this. I've left posts up for weeks at a time that were full of hate comments. Reporting comments doesn't do anything. They make no attempt to even remove hate comments.

I've seen the community moderates be just as rude. 

Then stop posting for a while or try to develop a thicker skin. I'm sorry but this happens all the time on the internet, it shouldn't but it does. Everywhere. This thread is having the exact opposite response I'm sure you wanted. Either way, starting off calling most people 'a-holes' isn't a good beginning point. You should try PMing Rebecca instead. She's responded to me when I PMed her. Need patience of course. 

Thank you for the advice. I'll send her a PM now. Didn't bother because I really didn't think I would get a response.

note that the thread you gave us as an idea just makes me think you dont know how to use the internet, there are people out there that dont care, but some of them gave you feedback, you shouldnt demand they do something but rather ask for a toggle, so you yourself can turn it off. i have no issues with ember or nova and i think its a hardware thing.

Again, if you would read the entire thread. The entire point was to have SOMETHING done with the bloom effect I even stated that in a later post. I admit I didn't say it in the best wording. My eyes hurt, my head hurt and I posted about it. 

Please keep this thread on topic. Not post about the thread I linked on this thread.

I can't even post on here without being flooded by a bunch of a-holes who just want to make everyone feel bad. Reporting does nothing. 

Whenever I bring up a legitimate issue, I end up deleting the post because nobody can be constructive, instead they sit and troll or just be complete douchebags. Several of my friends have this same exact issue. Does DE not care what goes on in their forums? Sure seems like they don't to me. 

Edit: Go ahead, prove the forums are full of douchebags and flame at me. 

bro....trolls are goin to troll

in fact, a post like this just motivates trolls to troll you even harder.

Now they know your weak, easily upset, and prone to emotional responses. 

either ignore the troll, or beat the troll at his own game.

DE cant do anything about it besides moderate explicit content.

Its not their job nor is it possible for you to expect them to hold your hand through the forums.

They cant  because "a-hole" posts are completely subjective to the person reading them.

For example:

You might see this post as an "a-hole" post, however another guy reading this post might find this post informative. 

You see; 

DE does not wanna try to police trolls because its a losing battle Especially in a free to play game where someone could create multiple accounts just to troll you. 

Edited by ADDpillz

Welcome to the internet......welcome to adulthood

people are often jerks

calling them out to tell them that makes them happy

when you freakout back in their face you are making them happier

only choices are to ignore them or get their address's and goto their house and kill them (figuratively of course)

FYI if ya try to go with the kill method remember these idiots live all over the world so you are gonna have alot of work to do

no punctuation just to piss off th anal retentive fools

They make no attempt to even try to control this. I've left posts up for weeks at a time that were full of hate comments. Reporting comments doesn't do anything. They make no attempt to even remove hate comments.

Again, that you SAW or noticed. Moderators=internet CIA, you never see them doing stuff unless they DGAF about people seeing it. Usually moderators get to things that are more EXTREME than some petty rage posts.

And its probably not reporting comments so much as reporting the person.

Also, nobody said moderators had to be nice, they just need to do what they think they need to do. Which is usually more extreme than a few squabbling prepubescent kids. Moderators happen to be people too, so dont try to make them seem bad when everybody knows they arent remotely perfect.

Edited by Sev1107

I've sent you a PM Killyou. Lets talk about this. I'm a little surprised to see this topic pop up out of the blue. I'd like to get to the bottom of this.

That said - I'm gonna give this thread a lock. If it can be helped I'd like to handle this one on one.