Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Javlok/Lenz Wall/Floor Issue

(PSN)zj0ker20

I was just playing a Defense Mission on Venus, outdoors tileset, when i noticed that my Javlok, when thrown, would actually pass straight through the Defense objective and go through the floor into a little room that serves no purpose located directly under the objective.  This is not the first time this issue has come up for me.  I would like this fixed.

Also, when playing on Io, Jupiter, the Lenz bow tends to shoot through walls, floors, and doors, which makes defending the objective highly annoying.

Just FYI.

Edited by (PS4)zj0ker20

6 minutes ago, (PS4)zj0ker20 said:

I was just playing a Defense Mission on Venus, outdoors tileset, when i noticed that my Javlok, when thrown, would actually pass straight through the Defense objective and go through the floor into a little room that serves no purpose located directly under the objective.  This is not the first time this issue has come up for me.  I would like this fixed.

Also, when playing on Io, Jupiter, the Lenz bow tends to shoot through walls, floors, and doors, which makes defending the objective highly annoying.

Just FYI.

Have you got punch through on those?

Thrown primaries and punch through do not go well together. It usually makes them fall through the floor.

Could be the same on Lenz.

I was existed to build the Lenz, then I played with it and realized it is a glitchy piece of S#&$ and benched it. I suppose that is to be expected though, this is warframe after all. They just keep adding more and more stuff; without fixing or balancing it first. 

Edited by SeriouslySinister

19 minutes ago, SeriouslySinister said:

I was existed to build the Lenz, then I played with it and realized it is a glitchy piece

What issues do you have with the Lenz? You say it is glitchy, but you don’t elaborate at all.

I used the Lenz for a while, did not encounter any issues with it at all. (Only self kills, but that is a feature)

Just now, krc473 said:

What issues do you have with the Lenz? You say it is glitchy, but you don’t elaborate at all.

I used the Lenz for a while, did not encounter any issues with it at all. (Only self kills, but that is a feature)

I don't have any punch through mods on but shots still just go through the floor all the time. 

Just now, SeriouslySinister said:

I don't have any punch through mods on but shots still just go through the floor all the time. 

I might give it a try tonight if I get a chance. I have not experienced that yet though.

Note that if you hit an enemy (flying) and kill it with the arrow, the arrow will not put a bubble.

Just now, krc473 said:

I might give it a try tonight if I get a chance. I have not experienced that yet though.

Note that if you hit an enemy (flying) and kill it with the arrow, the arrow will not put a bubble.

I know, I aim at usually floor near groups of enemies. 

3 hours ago, SeriouslySinister said:

I know, I aim at usually floor near groups of enemies. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)zj0ker20 said:

Can either of you explain how to replicate this issue of Lenz projectiles going through the floor?

I can only replicate it using punch through mods. No matter what else I have tried, they work fine and create a bubble.

7 hours ago, krc473 said:

Have you got punch through on those?

Thrown primaries and punch through do not go well together. It usually makes them fall through the floor.

And that's to put it nicely. I've got one for you to test out for that particular issue too. Take a lot of the more decorative geometry pieces in the game, Grineer galleon is great for this one with the strange round obstacles all over the place, and throw any of the spear guns into them. To save time, the geometry basically eats them and you can't retrieve them. You'll have similar problems with the large doors stealing them and making it literally impossible to get them back. You'll have to just wait out the timer on them. Similarly, don't lose one off of any catwalks in Corpus tile sets ether. That sucker will be gone for a while.

By and large, they need to refine the return mechanics on them for these impossible to retrieve instances. Very simply, if it goes to a place that would have your frame respawn, then it needs to be auto returned.