Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.0.1

[DE]Megan

4 minutes ago, FarfarsGamlaKalsonger said:

well im going in deeper in the computer, i think it is something to do with priority list becouse i opened the task menger and it was like cpu 98%, gpu 12% so it is something at a miss there. well i became frustrated and then i went and got my coffee so i think that may be the problem. im useing windows 10 and i have not had any problem so far with it so i may be the game.

So I used to work for M$ at one point. "Deeper" here is all relative. I've probed pretty deeply. Defrag. "Defraggler" will allow you to scan your Warframe folder for fragments, (right click your launcher icon, or go to your steam apps folder) and then defrag only Warframe if you choose. A disk analysis will give you a list of files, and that list allows per file defragments, moving to different parts of the disk, etc. Assembling disk fragments into a whole is I/O blocked, but CPU intensive (it also has to decompress them, shuffle the parts around the bus) and a lot of extra work. 

There are a lot of things that should likely be done to optimize PoE (bloom setting, further zone of interest optimizations,change the way the scripts are triggered to a list of lists sorted by zone, remove the relay requirement for bounties, etc) The RAM and CPU usage here is too high for lower end Warframe players, I went from 20-27fps to 0-10fps even after optimizations to my machine. I'm getting used to 3-10 sec pauses in the middle of combat, but tbh I shouldn't have to.

1 hour ago, repoocelad said:

On a 32-bit Windows you only have 2GB available to any application, regardless of how much physical RAM you have. If this game is leaking or e.g. your video driver is using your user mode memory pool (the allotted 2GB) you will get into troubles. You could try lower graphics settings or google for /3GB or bcdedit's IncreaseUserVa and provision up to 3GB of memory to user mode applications. But this latter solution oftentimes causes Windows to become unstable (drivers are typically the culprit) and it would require Warframe to be built with /LARGEADDRESSAWARE (which may very well not be the case).

2GB of RAM per *thread* not per executable. Remember that each thread gets its own PID. 

53 minutes ago, Domainer said:

Found a problem. While you at Plains and almost you finish your mission the randomly crashes. " example when you had 24/25 kills and you kill the last one it crashing ". Is there any chance to fix it ? " HP Pavilion laptop I3 Processor / 2 gb Nvidia Geforce video card , 8 GB DDR4 ram. Thats my config " Using almost every graphics settings to max.

Graphics settings on max = runs unstable code. But hey, it looks pretty so mission complete is obviously less important.

8 minutes ago, Monolake said:

So you've managed to run it on 32bit system? good to know, Ill try defragging and setting swap file to higher value

32 bit, with an APU in a laptop. Solo mode, defragged, high swapfile.

Edit: with that said, 0-12fps in PoE, 20-27fps in 'normal' missions. load time to and from PoE and the relay is about 3-20 min. Game pauses for up to 10 seconds mid fight.

Edited by RorschachRev

41 minutes ago, RorschachRev said:

2GB of RAM per *thread* not per executable. Remember that each thread gets its own PID. 

I run at the lowest seting, like even the resolution was down to 800 X 600 in windowed mode and it still crash on the same spot. Also to add insult to injury it takes me to a page that is telling me that there is a hardware failure. Like one update ago i played in medium. two updates before that i played in high without a hich. also i know i only have 2gb to use in a 36 bit system but I have 64 bit system windows 10, still it does not even use a fraction of it. then i make it so that the game gets the gpu to play with and it uses 1,739 of the ram and it still crashes on the same place at the gates in to the plains of eidolon. Is it just me or has the game made not to be low-mid user friendly or im just missing something or does the game need patching or? im at a loss here. becouse the system tells me that i have 8 gb ram so i just assumed that most of it where to be used. i put on the fps meter in game and only a small part of it where used and everything else was off i didn't even had my firewall on.

Edited by FarfarsGamlaKalsonger

46 minutes ago, RorschachRev said:

32 bit, with an APU in a laptop. Solo mode, defragged, high swapfile.

Edit: with that said, 0-12fps in PoE, 20-27fps in 'normal' missions. load time to and from PoE and the relay is about 3-20 min. Game pauses for up to 10 seconds mid fight.

tried all the optimizations. still crashes with 'out of memory' for me :(

I have 512mb radeon so it should be less strain on system RAM than APU but still

Edited by Monolake

1 hour ago, lamplovesme69 said:

My prerequisites are not complete even though I already am way past MR 1 and have done several bounties along with speaking to Korzu in Cetus. I have no idea how to even start this quest.  

The quest for the new warframe, Gara, probably has an MR requirement higher than "one." After doing the first bounty, I had another dialog appear from the person who gives bounties. I suggest ranking up more gear, doing more tests. I'm RorschachRev in game if you want some help.