Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's talk about Operators... Again.

Spartan336

You know, I always found this entire debate to be tiresome. I never had a problem with Operators, but they remind me a lot of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2. People threw a fit when that game came out and they realized Raiden was the player character for most of the game. They hated the idea of playing as this youthful effeminate VR-trained guy. They wanted to play as Solid Snake, the legend. It didn't matter that the plot of the game eventually revealed that Raiden was a Liberian child soldier who has been killing men since before he hit double digit age, they still hated him. Raiden's entire purpose in the plot was to demonstrate that these heroes and legends aren't always what they're made out to be, and that they are people in the right place at the right time with the right skills to rise to the occasion. In fact, the entire plot of the game revolved around testing and successfully implementing this concept as a social control mechanism.

Anyway, enough about Metal Gear. Point is not everybody's going to be happy about it. They won't be even remotely content about it until they have better reason to believe that Tenno = Operator + Warframe. The Warframes have some form of cognizance, that much is clear, but the only trace we have seen of that cognizance is when it saved the Operator's life by breaking War in the Second Dream. I think that compound entity, the grey area between Warframe and Tater Tot, is where people will be happy. Right now we're skewed toward Tater Tots as they are being explored and improved upon. Wait and see how The Sacrifice plays out. It seems a little more Warframe oriented, and we may gain new insight into the Warframes and their nature.

11 minutes ago, Mints said:

You know, I always found this entire debate to be tiresome. I never had a problem with Operators, but they remind me a lot of Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2. People threw a fit when that game came out and they realized Raiden was the player character for most of the game. They hated the idea of playing as this youthful effeminate VR-trained guy. They wanted to play as Solid Snake, the legend. It didn't matter that the plot of the game eventually revealed that Raiden was a Liberian child soldier who has been killing men since before he hit double digit age, they still hated him. Raiden's entire purpose in the plot was to demonstrate that these heroes and legends aren't always what they're made out to be, and that they are people in the right place at the right time with the right skills to rise to the occasion. In fact, the entire plot of the game revolved around testing and successfully implementing this concept as a social control mechanism.

Anyway, enough about Metal Gear. Point is not everybody's going to be happy about it. They won't be even remotely content about it until they have better reason to believe that Tenno = Operator + Warframe. The Warframes have some form of cognizance, that much is clear, but the only trace we have seen of that cognizance is when it saved the Operator's life by breaking War in the Second Dream. I think that compound entity, the grey area between Warframe and Tater Tot, is where people will be happy. Right now we're skewed toward Tater Tots as they are being explored and improved upon. Wait and see how The Sacrifice plays out. It seems a little more Warframe oriented, and we may gain new insight into the Warframes and their nature.

Nice comparison tho.