Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara the Frame that was not meant to be...

LordLokai

I agree with you for sure. I liked the old void..I practically lived there.  I dislike the new relic system because you have to farm twice for one thing.. 1 get a relic... 2, hope what you want drops..  but we did complain about the RNJesus then too.. How to make us all happy? A difficult thing to accomplish I believe for DE :) with all the people playing and their preferred playstyles. I bet we frustrate them as well! :) 

50 minutes ago, Lisztomaniac said:

-snip for page space-

"Things have changed so much and so little."

Well, they did just release Plains of Eidolon, an open world expansion unlike anything before in Warframe, which for all intents and purposes has more content than Destiny 2. (I have played the console version to completion.)

"Give me bosses that make me believe you took more than a week designing his battle."

I feel like you either haven't tried fighting Teralysts or vastly overlook just how fun they are. In either case, I suggest you try looking it over once more and compare it to any other boss in the game. No drawn out invincibility frames, no ridiculous oneshots (only oneshots for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.) Furthermore, did you see the months of updates on Steve's Twitter detailing the eidolon creation process? Did you watch Steve's stream prior to launch? It is plain as day that PoE was rushed by the community and forced to set a deadline lest the delays become even more of a meme. The bones of PoE are solid, they can work on it from here.

"But you need to fish for all the other content which hardlt warrants the hours of fishing required."

Again I ask, have you actually tried the update? Fishing is FUN. Just yesterday I ended up staying up a good 4 hours past what I normally go to bed at. Not because I desperately needed the resources, not because it even takes that long to fish what you need - you can cap standing in under a half hour and farm more resources than you need - but because I genuinely was having fun with it. If there's one thing I can say they nailed in the update it is the fishing, and if that's not for you that's fine; Cuthols sell for around 5p right now and are bound to get lower.

"Plus there is really still no endgame."

I don't understand this, are you really trying to say there is no endgame in a game with missions that scales endlessly? That's more redundant than Vor's endless speeches in the void. Endgame is what you make it, whether that's fighting level 1000+ enemies or trading primed chambers, or even fashionframe competitions. The average level of missions is still increasing, we still haven't even gotten to Tau Ceti, where the sentients originate from.

"Even a pack of "lootboxes" from any other game feels like a better investment these days."

I play Overwatch and could not disagree more. I've never liked the concept of lootboxes, it's essentially gambling. I'd much rather just pay for the skin I want and skip the middle man junk the loot box would've given me.

I feel like you never truly understood the spirit of warframe, and that's why you've lost your touch with it.

I started Warframe in closed beta, so I've played warframe just as long as you and perhaps even longer.

I jumped out of my chair and started frantically yelling at my monitor the whole while playing The Second Dream.

My Tenno may be an emo teen, but I pushed this emo teen to the limit regaining his body in The War Within.

I gained a newfound respect for Ordis after all these years of tuning him out, his codex lore is -BzZZt- BLEEDING -BZzzzt- very sad to say the least.

I witnessed the birth of a new Warframe at Tennocon, I saw the roar of the crowd and the 5 (roughly) minute long standing applause. I witnessed the hysteria, no, I reveled in the hysteria, I joined in it. Everything I had grown so accustomed to in the Warframe I played was about to change with this update.

I checked every single day for an update on the Plains and definitely not Umbra

I watched Steve anxious and afraid the moment before the Plains launched. I was anxious and afraid too.

I am racing across the Plains, slicing and dicing Grineer and Kuaka alike. I'm accidentally falling into just about every lake, and doing donuts with my buddies in Archwing shortly before being airstriked by a ship. I readily anticipate night to see how quickly me and my friends can take a Teralyst down this time. I am constantly changing my loadout for every situation and using guns that I haven't touched in years. But most importantly, I am having fun. 

And now here I am hoping that my hope will save another fellow Tenno from his growing cynicism

Are there things wrong with the game? Plenty, UNIVERSAL VACUUM WHEN, DE pls buff mag, DE pls stop making alertium requirements.

I can go on. But if you fixate on the bad, it's going to be the only thing you notice and you'll take the good for granted.

tl;dr stop hating start enjoying

Edited by Aveu

37 minutes ago, Aveu said:

"Give me bosses that make me believe you took more than a week designing his battle."

I feel like you either haven't tried fighting Teralysts or vastly overlook just how fun they are. In either case, I suggest you try looking it over once more and compare it to any other boss in the game.

i dont play overwatch i just want to point out that, thats why i wrote "lootboxes" cause other games have it too.

as for the rest of your post, i feel like you read over my post on you had all the things i wrote to get you to the point, but right before you got to the point you stoped reading and then went on to the next bulletpoint, i am not answering your post, not because you dont deserve it or some tall S#&$ like that, but because you literally wrote a post about everything in my post, except the main points i was making, and i dont feel like making another post just to get you to understand what i meant on my first post. thank you.

edit: out of respect i decided to at least explain what i mean in the quote, i tell you that im sick of this game having no real fun skill demanding boss, and that teralystt is a huge bullet sponge (which he is btw, even tho i love the starfall ability, that one is awesome) and not much else, and your response is "well, i think you dont understand the boss because he is better than the rest of the bosses on this game.

and thats where i lose hope.

Edited by Lisztomaniac

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2017 at 5:26 AM, Colyeses said:

Don't buy Gara directly or the next frame is going to be even harder to get.

^this.

I don't know if the reward-per-mission that they've implemented actually gives us as "stages-count" number of chances for the parts, but you can be sure that DE has someone spending some amount of time trying to strike a balance between pissing off the player-base and increasing plat sales. If they didn't do that, we wouldn't have warframe today. However, if players just purchase frames when the grind is ridiculous, instead of complaining, you can bet that the grind for new frames will be ridiculous.

I've personally always hated the way Warframe's grind is a slot machine, but it isn't as noticeable when you have a lot of things to grind for. You can just play what's fun until it isn't and move on to something else and you are progressing. However, once you have nearly everything worth having and you start trying to grind out the single "thing" it just starts to feel like a chore. Hydroid Prime and now Gara have just about put me off the game completely. I've gone from playing hours most days to jumping in once or twice a day and doing a couple of bounties, feeling like "this is so freekin old," and signing off and playing Path of Exile. I haven't even done sorties most days for a while now because it just feels like a job to play.

I just spent today disregarding the event and just farming for the neuroptics. It's the last piece that I'm missing and I've been farming for her parts off and on since drop. I ran a total of 47 missions today alone and I STILL don't have the neuroptics. That's also with the new bounties mechanics going so the additional pull chances as well.

At no point in this do I intend to buy her on the principle alone. I have to call out the drop chances in this as ether being bugged or what's being listed by DE as being a total fraud. Statistically, I should have multiple sets of her by now based on that 7% drop chance.

On 10/19/2017 at 2:06 AM, LordLokai said:

So i dont know what the actual drop rate is on her parts, but as someone that has been grinding hard for her parts since PoE dropped i ca tell you it is below 5% and no i don't care what the official post says because i don't trust drop rates from DE themselves... is to much incentive to " lie " about them. So i've done countless bounties, spammed them every time they were up, solid days lost just farming those bounties everytime they popped, and those parts just don't exist. But i won't buy her either... so i guess i will never have this frame i don't get why her parts are so god damn rare... she's worse then ivara to farm... worse then nidus...amount of time it takes to do a bounty, investing so much to get " credits " is just--- i'm at a loss here DE... I think her parts need to be taken off the bounty list and put into one of the ostron venders even if i need 20-25k rep or moire... as it stands only people i know that have managed to get her have purchased her off the market... which i guess is the intent make her rare force us to get frustrated and buy her BUT news flash if i cant farm her well i just wont play her... she's not on my must have list but she does seem neat... it's to bad i won't ever get to try her out because i'm done farming for her... i can't be bothered to deal with those 1% drop rates anymore... there is an acceptable level of RNG but bounties are not acceptable... they are filled with junk NOBODY not even new players want! 4k credits? REALLY try 40-50k and maybe it'd be worth it... but 4k? that's insulting!

Fix the !$@$% bounty drops already... its ridiculous!

This is why we need datamining. To reveal the truth. #freevoidglitch