Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to easily fix Gara's Spectrorage

Sebastianx

Make the mirrors take a number of hits in order to shatter instead of having HP. Enemy that kills the mirror also dies. Useful vs some enemies with high attack speed, semi-useful vs others with slow attack speed (means it won't be OP).  Infinite scaling. Infinite fun.

Not a bad idea. But I'm not sure if that would solve the problem. The main problem I have observed is Area Attacks. When I just have enemies that are shooting at them, they seem to do pretty well. It's when I get something like a Heavy Gunner in there doing a Slam Attack that I notice they can instantly die. So what really needs to happen is that they need to limit the number that are able to be destroyed at any given time.

Edited by Ceryk

7 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

Not a bad idea. But I'm not sure if that would solve the problem. The main problem I have observed is Area Attacks. When I just have enemies that are shooting at them, they seem to do pretty well. It's when I get something like a Heavy Gunner in there doing a Slam Attack that I notice they can instantly die. So what really needs to happen is that they need to limit the number that are able to be destroyed at any given time.

My idea fixes that as well, the Slam Attack is just a hit. Sure it hits them all, but won't break them if they won't have health anymore, instead it takes a certain number of hits before breaking. And balancing that won't be hard, does it feel too strong? just increase the hits they can take before breaking so enemies won't die too fast, but that also adds CC to the ability, so DE can choose if they want them to have more CC or more killing potential.

Mh... Not too bad. But frankly, I'm not so sure DE is interested in doing that. They right away buffed one of her most powerful abilities, instead of buffing her useless ones into being useful. That might indicate a different design philosophy - one that cares primarily about the usefulness of the sum of all abilities, over the usefulness and "engage-abilty" of each ability individually and the frame as a whole. 

Of course, I might be speaking too soon. I hope I am. 

9 hours ago, Sebastianx said:

Make the mirrors take a number of hits in order to shatter instead of having HP. Enemy that kills the mirror also dies. Useful vs some enemies with high attack speed, semi-useful vs others with slow attack speed (means it won't be OP).  Infinite scaling. Infinite fun.

Great idea! If they do this changes it'll definitely make spectrorage really usefull and interesting ability =)

But of course I have my own idea (which actually a few ideas) how to fix spectrorage and I want to share it! =)

It contains 2 changes to ability:

1) Ring collapses when time ends but not when a few mirrors are destroyed (but each mirror still have some amount of HP and can be destroyed easily) - it'll make this ability more usefull as CC.

2) (version 1) When ability ends it hits all enemies inside it with full (or multiplied) damage taken to all mirrors destroyed for that period of time.

2) (version 2) When ability ends it affects all enemies inside it with some debuff (for eximple blinds enemy and opens it to finisher attack).

2) (version 3. Inspired by this theme) Each destroyed mirror affects enemy, that destroyed it with some debuff (for eximple blinds enemy and opens it to finisher attack).

2) (version 4) - mix of any of previous 2 (ver 1, ver 2 and ver 3).

Well all I know is I'm not spending 75 energy to get at best 2-3 seconds worth of enemies distracted and tickle worthy damage in a very limited area. At least, not without Mass Vitrify to protect some or all the mirrors from canceling themselves out of existence.

17 hours ago, tnccs215 said:

Mh... Not too bad. But frankly, I'm not so sure DE is interested in doing that. They right away buffed one of her most powerful abilities, instead of buffing her useless ones into being useful. That might indicate a different design philosophy - one that cares primarily about the usefulness of the sum of all abilities, over the usefulness and "engage-abilty" of each ability individually and the frame as a whole. 

Of course, I might be speaking too soon. I hope I am. 

Actually most of DE's recent reworks were aimed at making all of a warframe's abilities more useful (how successful that was is still debatable). And I'm pretty sure DE makes abilities for them to be used, pretty sure that's why they started nerfing nuke frames 3 years ago, since they were one trick ponies (see excal, ash, saryn, mag). Hopefully they'll change this ability too, at least now when this warframe's still fresh.