Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the Design Council

(PSN)CannaWhoopazz13

Question

I've been away from the game for a while (Destiny drew me in, Destiny 2 pushed me away) so I'm a little out of the loop.  I've also restarted playing on the PS4 with the friends I made in Destiny, so I'm using this account in the forums instead of my original PC account.

Is the Design Council still an active place?  Do members still get to contribute to design choices?  My PC account is on the Design Council, so I'm just trying to find out if it's worth using my PC account here in the forums just to have access to the Design Council.  When I last played, we got to vote on warframe names, types, powers, etc.  If point to it now though, then I don't really feel compelled to use my PC account on these forums.  

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, HyokaChan said:

Design Council is a weird place. From what DC members say, the DC votes on one thing but DE will take one of the least voted choices and use it instead most of the time

Or as was the case of one of the augment mods just totally ignore their poll and do what they wanted unfortunately 

As of today? No, it's not very active. DE used to ask us about stuff but nowadays, not really. The only thing you get from being in the Council atm is bragging rights and an extra council chat in-game to talk with other members. 

The last few consultations with Design Council haven't led to votes.  In my opinion this is likely because the most popular choice often wasn't so popular as to prevent argument.  A name may get the most votes out of 8 options but easily still be hated by over half the voters.  When it came to augments the most popular might not be the easiest to implement so a second or even third choice might make it in with the intention of adding the other ideas later (it is planned that powers will have more than one augment each, eventually).  Personally, I'm happy just being able to submit ideas.  One vote amongst many never got me anything but being able to give suggestions got me enemy radar and loot radar on a single mod.