Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Fix Fishing!!!

PrincessMittens

57 minutes ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

one spear with diffrent heads would make things a bit better gear wheel wise.

plus the bait is kinda of semi convoluted still. the rippels are kind of heard to see at times. bait should just work when you put it in the water if the depth is correct.

I also think that the fish stuff as parts for craft will not scale well when they bring other open world areas into the game. they would be locked into alwas makeing it so you can fish in the areas, or you alwas have to go back to the plains. so it limits what they can do down the line.

dont get me wonrg, I fidn the fishing very fun, I just think some of the side mechanics of it could be better.

Well in that regard you may always have to go back to the other open world areas for other things from that planet. Besides, a lot of the things in Cetus need fish because they are something the locals have learned to survive off of. I really don't see that much of an issue with the gear wheel considering there are twelve slots now. Also, damage buffs sort of circumvent NEEDING specific spears. As for seeing or not seeing the ripples, that could be based on your graphics settings, or it could just be subjective. I rarely have trouble finding them.

16 minutes ago, Reiyd said:

Well in that regard you may always have to go back to the other open world areas for other things from that planet. Besides, a lot of the things in Cetus need fish because they are something the locals have learned to survive off of. I really don't see that much of an issue with the gear wheel considering there are twelve slots now. Also, damage buffs sort of circumvent NEEDING specific spears. As for seeing or not seeing the ripples, that could be based on your graphics settings, or it could just be subjective. I rarely have trouble finding them.

well its more like if they have set it up so the next open world map will be its own ecosystem again, and rely little on the rest of the game. I think that is what a lot of people are havieng isshue with for many of its current mechanics. however if the new map also has archwing chrages, we are currently going to need to go bakc to the plaines or have a way to get fish oil in the new area (and that semi limits them to a planet with water and areas for fishing). gems and ores are semi universal, so that one would be more common, but I assume the solar systme isnt going to be filled with lungfish on every planet. it would get boring.

now if it where just oil and you get it from processing fish oil or somehitng, makes it a little esior to translate over.

I feel like the fact that a lot of powers work with fishing is an oversight but will probiblynot be removed. would be nice for nova to slow fish thouhgt, but that isnt going to happen. 

I am runing warframe on my laptop. its not a toaster but its by far not too high end. I think it just might be the areas I go to to fish. a lot of common stuff, but few rare things. I can see them when above the water from bullet jumping, but its not as apparent when your on the ground.

Yeah, that's how it is generally. Some bodies of water are typically clearer than others though, and it does depend on the time of day as well. As for Archwing charges:

A. I don't see a problem with occasionally having to come back to the Plains. No point in making it an experience you enjoy until you get everything and then never again.

B. I don't like the charges as they are anyways. I'd prefer it to be a non-consumable item that we craft once(especially since we have to research that segment for three freaking days.).

And while the Volt passive may be an oversight, I also don't see them changing it. They may well do that, but it is working as intended since the fishing spears go off of a damage-based system.

15 hours ago, krc473 said:

As of right now, I can use any ability I have tried while holding the spear.

Even transference works. Once I return to the frame, a gun is out.

None of that works for me, can't bring out the operator, can't use any abilities. Just tried again with multiple frames, including Loki

5 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

None of that works for me, can't bring out the operator, can't use any abilities. Just tried again with multiple frames, including Loki

What I am finding is the only the host can use abilities with a spear. 

Just now, PoisonHD said:

Ah alright, I was trying solo as well though .-.

Maybe host and solo are different

Oh, I was solo too. Strange.

I have not tried it as a client. But I went with my friends, who were unable to ability as clients so I assumed it was that.

But, both solo and squad I can ability as host while holding the spear.

9 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Oh, I was solo too. Strange.

I have not tried it as a client. But I went with my friends, who were unable to ability as clients so I assumed it was that.

But, both solo and squad I can ability as host while holding the spear.

Weird, not sure which is the bug now haha. I just haven't ever been able to.

EDIT: Just found that I could use them if I hover over a power, and use the "Use Selected Power" key, but not with the number hotkeys

Edited by PoisonHD

2 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Weird, not sure which is the bug now haha. I just haven't ever been able to.

EDIT: Just found that I could use them if I hover over a power, and use the "Use Selected Power" key, but not with the number hotkeys

I hope we get to keep it.

I am not using number keys for abilities. I use a controller so it is selecting them, then push to activate.