Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brilliant Shard/Maroos banning glitch

plasmox

16 hours ago, shellspeed1 said:

to be fair DE can justify the ban as it was an exploit and against EULA, However due to the large number of people that could have been affected by this it would probably have been easier to simply rollback the endo and shards.

yeah but was it your fault that there was a ban bait infront of you? No. thats their responsibility and we all know not everyone would be reading the hotfixes and update infos. for all they know, that could have been a new feature.

Edited by Chitanda.Eru

Alot of people gonna have this problem. DE isn't technically work to do this as we did violate EULA. I got banned for attempting to confirm it was fixed after reporting several horus previously as per 

However DE probably did the wrong thing by issuing mass ban and should have rolled back the issue.

14 minutes ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Why is this even bannable??? It's not like you traded it for plat lol wtf...

De is legally able to ban anyone the violates the EULA because of 

"This License Agreement is effective until terminated. You may terminate the License Agreement at any time by (i) permanently destroying all copies of the Game in your possession or control; (ii) removing the Software from your hard drive. Digital Extremes may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason or no reason. Upon termination for any reason, all licenses granted herein shall immediately terminate and you must immediately and permanently destroy all copies of the Game in your possession and control and remove the Software from your hard drive."

s However due to the potential size of the ban and the fact that some people may have thought of this to be a feature it would probably have been better for DE to have just reverted the issue rather then issuing mass ban.

Edited by shellspeed1
wrong section of EULA

1 minute ago, shellspeed1 said:

Because it violated the terms of the EULA specfically

"g. exploit the Software, the Service, the Game experience or any portion thereof for any commercial purpose, including without limitation, (i) use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other location-based site without the express written consent of Digital Extremes; (ii) for gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the Software; or (iii) performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the Software (e.g., power-leveling and similar activities);"

If you didn't even know it was a bug though, and thought it was legit...

1 minute ago, shellspeed1 said:

"g. exploit the Software, the Service, the Game experience or any portion thereof for any commercial purpose, including without limitation, (i) use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other location-based site without the express written consent of Digital Extremes; (ii) for gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the Software; or (iii) performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the Software (e.g., power-leveling and similar activities);"

"Commercial Purpose" 

It may be a EULA violation, but not the portion you quoted. This is going to have a huge backlash as many players saw this as an undocumented patch change that occurred at the same time as the Focus implementation. How are we supposed to know DE's intent?  

6 minutes ago, shellspeed1 said:

DE is completely welcome to ban anyone that violated the EULA so I can't complain because legally they are right.

based on this quote i'm pretty sure it's not EULA violation.

This is certainly unsettling.

27 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

The bans absolutely should not have happened. When I first heard of it, I thought, "Is this too good to be true? Has DE stopped being stingy with resources?" I decided to wait just in case it was a stupid mistake by DE's coders, and it turns out that it was all DE's doing.

The bans should be lifted, as there are innocent players who simply could have misread 25k focus for 25k endo. I initially misread it for 25k standing at first. Don't put the blame on players - the blame goes to DE for its mistake.

Absolutely. I cannot imagine getting banned because DE cannot bug test their own updates!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

37 minutes ago, symbiotesun said:

The endo thing is a bug, and is not intended, though the warframe wiki lists it off as something that is intended, confusing most players.

We were unaware this was a bug when first mentioned, it was not the Wiki's intention to spread mis-information about this exploit. The page has been updated with a full warning to all players about the account suspension caused by exploiting this bug. Truly sorry for the inconvenience.

On a side note, it is likely that all account suspensions caused by this thus far have been automatic responses from the game's system flagging suspicious activity. Suspensions will likely be reverted by DE Staff shortly and the bug patched out in the next hotfix.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by FINNSTAR7

Happened to me as well!!! How was I supposed to know it was a bug? I didn't read thru 10 pages of information! .... Can't even contact support now.. And I just spent a ton on TennoGen... Really pissed...

Edited by RB-377

Anytime anyone tells you about an exploit, bug, or glitch that's like this (too good to be true) in an online game, don't do it. 

If you've been playing video games for as long as some of us have, you know you've used exploits and bugs at some point in your life.

However, with online games, they now have a recourse to penalize you for doing so. It's not like the old (and I mean old, man, I've been playing games for 25 years myself) days where we were playing against the CPU on our home PC, found a bug and used it to make our gameplay easier in some way.

Not every game will ban you, some support teams don't care and have abandoned games to all manner of exploits without ever intending to patch anything.

But for games with an active support team, an active dev team and you know they patch things quite regularly, my advice is don't do it. Using the bug or exploit isn't worth the ban. 

That said, DE must reverse all the bans once the bug has been patched. Anything less is unfair.

Edited by Rhekemi

There is currently a major glitch which involves logging out after receiving the error for turning in brilliant shards in for endo. This will result in one of the hardest bans, full ip ban and support ban.

My friend was banned and lost 2000 hours along with whatever money he put into the game, please spread this to anyone you know to save everyone the stress of this.

8598127ac53bef1c332b9151d6d183dd.png

Edited by GrindHead87