Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

plains navigation

Dark5eiD

I haven't been on forums for awhile, thought there was going to be a plains section on forums. if there is and i missed it , i apologize.

Not a huge deal, but the suggestion i have is that when you are in plains that there is a permanent location for where to get back / out of the plains. i just always head towards big tower, but, sometimes that brings me the wrong way and i have to follow the force shield around until i get to door way. wouldn't it be easier if there was a permanent marker ?

I haven't played plains a lot, so if there is a way and i am not seeing it please let me know. thank you

Tbh, i think you just need a little more time. After playing PoE for a while and getting used to the area, you kind of starting getting your own in built GPS going. I did the same as you, looking for the Huge Tower. But now It's almost instinct when going back. I think on the sub conscious level you start picking up little " Road signs " A specific lake, a body or rocks, or even how the lands slope. I would like a better Map though, it feels too " in the face ". ( not the mini map.)

Just now, Tarkerus said:

Tbh, i think you just need a little more time. After playing PoE for a while and getting used to the area, you kind of starting getting your own in built GPS going. I did the same as you, looking for the Huge Tower. But now It's almost instinct when going back. I think on the sub conscious level you start picking up little " Road signs " A specific lake, a body or rocks, or even how the lands slope. I would like a better Map though, it feels too " in the face ". ( not the mini map.)

I agree with everything you said. i do need more time. but , in most games there is a beacon or a home symbol or something for those of us who are challenged :) or do not have the experience yet. the map, is also...not that great and far too large. im not sure what to do there.i guess shrink the map size but still have the entire map be visible ?

23 minutes ago, Dark5eiD said:

I haven't been on forums for awhile, thought there was going to be a plains section on forums. if there is and i missed it , i apologize.

There is a big subsection right under "General News & Information" named [PC] The Plains of Eidolon.

26 minutes ago, Dark5eiD said:

Not a huge deal, but the suggestion i have is that when you are in plains that there is a permanent location for where to get back / out of the plains. i just always head towards big tower, but, sometimes that brings me the wrong way and i have to follow the force shield around until i get to door way. wouldn't it be easier if there was a permanent marker ?

I often use the big tower to know which way is South, from there it makes it easier for me to track the gateway but yeah, it would be interesting of [DE] added a Map marker to the gate and make it more simple tho i think [DE] wants us to actually learn the landscape and to navigate.

1 minute ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

There is a big subsection right under "General News & Information" named [PC] The Plains of Eidolon.

I often use the big tower to know which way is South, from there it makes it easier for me to track the gateway but yeah, it would be interesting of [DE] added a Map marker to the gate and make it more simple tho i think [DE] wants us to actually learn the landscape and to navigate.

ty

Honestly it would be a nice quality of life addition especially since you can't even see the whole map at once. 

For whatever reason I normally end up in a valley or behind a mountain so I have find the highest nearby point or waste an archwing charge to find the tower. You have one job map, and it's to help me navigate and you are failing. 

37 minutes ago, Dark5eiD said:

I agree with everything you said. i do need more time. but , in most games there is a beacon or a home symbol or something for those of us who are challenged :) or do not have the experience yet. the map, is also...not that great and far too large. im not sure what to do there.i guess shrink the map size but still have the entire map be visible ?

Yeah that was my point about the map. Too big and in your face. So an option for those new to PoE, to turn on a map " helper ", or... New BP for the beacons you suggested. You could make one, then put it down outside the gates of Cetus turn on. This will link to your HuD with a small icon of somesort, blue when heading in the right area, red when not!.