The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Opinion Of The Fomorian Event

Possible Solo? - Check

Rewards Teamwork? - Check

Promotes a healthy amount of competition? - Check

Fun as hell? - Check

Fair Reward System? - Check

DE really stepped up their game from the Informer event. This has to be the most fun I've had in-game for a while now. Things were getting stale, but this event really shook things up for the better. All in all, I'm having a blast.

DE, you've showed us that you study what you did right and what you did wrong, and improve your craft with each hotfix and update. So, all I have to say is this...

aWinner.gif

We love you DE. But our love is often like a Loki. It's invisible most of the time, but it's there.

*EDIT: I hope DE sees this so they know just how happy we are with their work.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Possible Solo? - Check

Rewards Teamwork? - Check

Promotes a healthy amount of competition? - Check

Fun as hell? - Check

Fair Reward System? - Check

DE really stepped up their game from the Informer event. This has to be the most fun I've had in-game for a while now. Things were getting stale, but this event really shook things up for the better. All in all, I'm having a blast.

DE, you've showed us that you study what you did right and what you did wrong, and improve your craft with each hotfix and update. So, all I have to say is this...

aWinner.gif

We love you DE. But our love is often like a Loki. It's invisible most of the time, but it's there.

Yeah, gj DE. I love that its soloable!

I living in Oceanic regions and I gotta work today, so I don't have time for the event.

Maybe an additional 2 to 3 ships plox ? XD

Even if it does not give me the ammo mutator reward, I would want to try to experience at least the event for myself.

I living in Oceanic regions and I gotta work today, so I don't have time for the event.

Maybe an additional 2 to 3 ships plox ? XD

Even if it does not give me the ammo mutator reward, I would want to try to experience at least the event for myself.

With how fast we're going through it (since it's so damn enjoyable) I certainly hope we'll have more ships to blow up.

one thing to add: this event was criminally short

it's not over o-o it can't be over yet, they left for the weekend so what they probably did was make it so that a new ship is discovered at certain time intervals. We might see another at 11:00 or 12:00

Sure DE did a better job than with the Informer event, but they made two serious mistakes IMO.

First of all, while soloing is "possible", it is NON-VIABLE. Considering that you can only use one stable corruptor per run on solo, which nets you a whopping 3 points per run, a solo player would take at least 3x more time to get 10 points than a group of 3+ players who can get 10 points in a single run, and that's just with stable corruptors, not even taking into account the 2x quad damage of 2 pairs of alpha-beta. Hell, considering that as a group you already run the mission much easier and in less time, it'll take a solo player much more than 3x time to achieve what a group can achieve. It's like a giant middle finger salute to everyone who doesn't have a stable internet connection or lives in places like Hong Kong where the player count with acceptable ping is significantly lower.

Secondly, what was thought to be a sabotage was essentially a re-skinned mobile defense without the datamass. Having to defend the reactor after injecting the corruptors were uncalled for. Considering that endless and mobile defense are practically the be-all-end-all of Warframe already, and now your "sabotage" mission involves yet even more defending, we may as well just rename the game DefenseFrame now.

There's also the fact that the ships got destroyed way too fast, but I'm not going to complain about this too much as I am assuming DE will load up another fleet soon.

tl;dr DE did learn some things from the Informer event and made a significant improvement, but the event was by no means perfect.

Sure DE did a better job than with the Informer event, but they made two serious mistakes IMO.

First of all, while soloing is "possible", it is NON-VIABLE. Considering that you can only use one stable corruptor per run on solo, which nets you a whopping 3 points per run, a solo player would take at least 3x more time to get 10 points than a group of 3+ players who can get 10 points in a single run, and that's just with stable corruptors, not even taking into account the 2x quad damage of 2 pairs of alpha-beta. Hell, considering that as a group you already run the mission much easier and in less time, it'll take a solo player much more than 3x time to achieve what a group can achieve. It's like a giant middle finger salute to everyone who doesn't have a stable internet connection or lives in places like Hong Kong where the player count with acceptable ping is significantly lower.

This is why this event is a -COMMUNITY- event. It's supposed to promote working together to achieve a goal. We had people constantly crying about how the last two events weren't group-oriented. DE listened, and gave everyone what they wanted in an event, including soloers. Throwing out "connection" issues is a very typical fallback excuse. The vast majority of players don't have such extreme connection issues. Catering to the minority and turning your back on the majority is a bad thing. Either way, 3 points per run IS viable. Yeah it'll take longer, but that's what happens when you're not in a group. Everything takes longer anyway, regardless of it being an event or not.

Secondly, what was thought to be a sabotage was essentially a re-skinned mobile defense without the datamass. Having to defend the reactor after injecting the corruptors were uncalled for. Considering that endless and mobile defense are practically the be-all-end-all of Warframe already, and now your "sabotage" mission involves yet even more defending, we may as well just rename the game DefenseFrame now.

You're just nitpicking here - finding something to complain about. I also like how you totally ignored other parts of this event, like obtaining alpha/beta/standard injectors and coordinating with your team to ensure you get the maximum amount of points. The event is fun and different enough to where, already, all three of the ships that have appeared were destroyed.

tl;dr DE did learn some things from the Informer event and made a significant improvement, but the event was by no means perfect.

No one said the event was perfect. Nothing is perfect. But they read and learned everyone's problems with the last event. Not only did they implement the ideas given to them extremely well, but it brought the community back together. Note how many times the Lotus tells you that GROUPS of Tenno are working together to battle this threat. This is, in every definition of the word, a community event.

Successful event is successful.