Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva endless missions

Linisti

What:

I think it’s about time for a Kuva endless, and no, I'm not talking about Survival/ Defence type missions on the Kuva Fortress. I'm talking about a mission where I can load in and play for an extended period of time, just like you would for fissures or other resource farming, and gain steady amounts of Kuva. Many other players have also said they want this to happen: an endless mission for Kuva.

Why?

It’s about time for a steady Kuva farm that you and you squad can sit in and farm Kuva. Additionally, many other veteran players have this as their endgame; Rolling rivens is the reason they come back to Warframe, since it’s the only thing their interested in, or that they enjoy, doing. Let’s be honest, the plains didn't really bring much for veteran players besides a pass time of fishing and ore mining, if you're into that sort of thing, then great! the bounties have rewards that are of little to no use, except the wraith and new stances (but once you have them, you're pretty much bored with it again). Don't get me wrong, the plains are great. You can fish (which I particularly enjoy), travel in open world and explore. I could go on about the plains, but this isn't about them.

What can happen:

We already have Kuva siphons jumping onto random nodes with endless mission types, like fissures. Why doesn't that just change to an actual endless. Instead of it ending at 5 minutes, it continues on until you decide to leave. This can be made fair by, instead of 600-700 Kuva per rotation. It can be made to 500 or so with the siphon respawning every rotation, and possibly adjusted for Defense missions. I'm not looking for a way to cheat the system, I just want a continuous mission to farm Kuva in, just like we have for other resources and prime parts.

The Kuva fortress can keep its same rotation around the solar system, that could be a viable way that the missions would rotate and such. For fissures it would be how it is now and Kuva it would be how it is now. Nothing has to change in terms of the mission rotations, just a few tweaks to the missions themselves.

Why this makes sense:

It would match up to the fissure system we have today, where fissures randomly pop up onto nodes, and some of them would be endless missions. We can still keep the normal ones that give only one rotation of rewards, such as capture, rescue, and the sort. This would make farming Kuva the same as all the other resources.

Reply down below suggestions and thoughts you have on this, your feedback is genuinely appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to consider this!

I find the current method for earning kuva really tedious, and just no fun. Because of that ive barely even done it, i really want the Orvius, but cant be bothered to farm for the kuva and its parts because of the whole jumping in and out of operator mode and dashing into red clouds, while trying to fight off enemies..

May some sort of deployable trap system would be better.

Edited by (XB1)Deadly Moves

14 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Deadly Moves said:

I find the current method for earning kuva really tedious, and just no fun. Because of that ive barely even done it, i really want the Orvius, but cant be bothered to farm for the kuva and its parts because of the whole jumping in and out of operator mode and dashing into red clouds, while trying to fight off enemies..

May some sort of deployable trap system would be better.

You just made me add Xbox One to the tags, I forgot about that console. My bad.
The method is kinda "entertaining" I guess once you get the hang of it, but it does get tedious. Don't worry, once you do it enough you'll get like 20 orvius sets. What do you mean about a deployable trap system though? 

10 minutes ago, Linisti said:

You just made me add Xbox One to the tags, I forgot about that console. My bad.
The method is kinda "entertaining" I guess once you get the hang of it, but it does get tedious. Don't worry, once you do it enough you'll get like 20 orvius sets. What do you mean about a deployable trap system though? 

Instead of going into operator mode and dashing into the kuva cloud to catch it. maybe you could drop a trap that would capture the kuva when it gets close. Abit like how the siphon trap works.

Edited by (XB1)Deadly Moves

New mode: Heist.

Objective: Fill a kuva siphon with kuva, tether it to a warframe, and drag it to a cannon to launch for Lotus to retrieve.

Process. Siphon spawns at a station, a tenno tethers to it and hauls it over to a kuva silo. A terminal loads 100 kuva per activation. Maximum capacity of 700 kuva.

Every 100 kuva weighs down the siphon and makes it more volatile (lower defenses.). Kuva guardians along with standard compliment of nasties will attempt to destroy the siphon.

Rewards aren't on rotation... But quantity per cannon launch. Cannon launches at set intervals. The amount of kuva required for higher tier rewards scales with player count.

There probably should be some other challenging aspect so that it's not just "CC the world!"

Edited by Littleman88

11 minutes ago, Littleman88 said:

New mode: Heist.

Objective: Fill a kuva siphon with kuva, tether it to a warframe, and drag it to a cannon to launch for Lotus to retrieve.

Process. Siphon spawns at a station, a tenno tethers to it and hauls it over to a kuva silo. A terminal loads 100 kuva per activation. Maximum capacity of 700 kuva.

Every 100 kuva weighs down the siphon and makes it more volatile (lower defenses.). Kuva guardians along with standard compliment of nasties will attempt to destroy the siphon.

Rewards aren't on rotation... But quantity per cannon launch. Cannon launches at set intervals. The amount of kuva required for higher tier rewards scales with player count.

There probably should be some other challenging aspect so that it's not just "CC the world!"

Submit it here, I think that could be a good endless mode but maybe with some tweaking to mechanics and such. Its a good idea for a kuva endless, I feel.

Maybe you could protect the siphon, just as you would on a hijack and such.

Edited by Linisti

2 hours ago, Linisti said:

Submit it here, I think that could be a good endless mode but maybe with some tweaking to mechanics and such. Its a good idea for a kuva endless, I feel.

Maybe you could protect the siphon, just as you would on a hijack and such.

When I get home. That up there is just a short summary.

And for what it's worth, hijack could use this as an update.