Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fomorian Event Mods...

Naqel

They are a disaster.

Instead of fixing the unarguably problematic(or just plain ****ing broken) ammo system, they chose to introduce mods that at the expense of our limited slot pool, fix a problem that shouldn't even BE there.

It is not good design if you make it optional to lessen an issue, especially if the issue dosen't really add any gameplay.

Having 4-5 ammo types where 1 or 2 would suffice is bad design, it should be FIXED, not played up.

Enemies and containers dropping dozens of colorful ammo boxes is a problem.

It clutters the screen without the loot pinata gratification, since I cannot pick most of it up.

I'll repeat it once more for clarity: Cut the number of useless ammo boxes, instead of introducing mods that make them "meh".

I don't see the problem with different ammo types. You don't use the same ammo on a rifle as you use on a sniper in any game let alone reality. On top of that, ammo is not an issue to start with. I always have ammo surplus and I spend quite a lot of it shooting at the environment just looking for any breakable or hidden stuff.

And once again we are faced with no "downvote" option.

How exactly WOULD they fix it, remove shotgun, sniper, and pistol ammo and make everything use rifle? The ammo system is perfectly fine the way it is.

It clutters the screen without the loot pinata gratification, since I cannot pick most of it up.

How are a few colors and tiny boxes clutter?

N3IkyTd.gif

EDIT: also "Dozens" is kind of an exaggeration, wouldn't you say?

Edited by ReconZ3X

How exactly WOULD they fix it, remove shotgun, sniper, and pistol ammo and make everything use rifle?

How are a few colors and tiny boxes clutter?

Although your insulting tone makes it hardly worthy to reply, there have already been numerous threads on how to fix the issue.

It always boils down to a universal Primary Ammo box, an OMNI AMMO BOX, if you will, like the one available in the Market already.

Except instead of making it a platinum item nobody buys, make it baseline for all ammo drops.

And honestly, are you really that dumb? If it dosen't need to be there, it's clutter.

We don't need 4 types of ammo for ammo drops to be effective.

If instead of four boxes, half of which you cannot pick up, there can be only one dropping, then there should drop just ONE.

Though I don't think they should get rid of it, what i do think is that the rifle ammo boxes should be increased in amount. For the life of me off the top of my head i can't think of what the amounts you get are but i believe they are the same amounts for each gun. say like 20 rifle bullets or 20 sniper bullets on pick up...but when you think about it a shotgun or a sniper use significantly less ammo...so 20 bullets for a sniper is like 10-20 kills(depending on if you take 1-2 shots to kill) while 20 for a rifle unless you have it really leveled is like 4 kills. I just think a raise of rifle drop amounts from 20 to like 40 should help a bit. but thats my opinion...

Do please point me in the direction where DE stated exactly what these new mods do.

They interact with the current ammo system, that's reason enough for them to be a bad idea.

DE should be working on phasing the current ammo system out in favor of a more streamlined one, not building it up.

EDIT:

• New Ammo Mutator mods: converts unused ammo to select ammo type (Pistol, Shotgun, Rifle, Sniper, Bow).

It's from the 9.3 update post.

Edited by Naqel

if you dont want to see many color box i suggest an idea.

combine all color box to one colors box. if player use rifle weapon it will auto add rifle ammo, if player use sniper weapon it will be sniper ammo...etc. I think this way is good because it safe more hardware resource, and decrease more info send from host to cilent.

PS:sorry my bad English.

I have no use for these mods, and the only reason to get them is for completionist sake.  There is no reason to use them with the existance of ammo boxes and the overabundance of ammo drops.  same goes for scavenger auras right now.

problem is we only have 4 kinds of ammo, but DE go to send us 5, what is the secret 5th is?

Bow.

For the sake of having more mods, they are going to make Bow ammo conversion a separate thing.

• New Ammo Mutator mods: converts unused ammo to select ammo type (Pistol, Shotgun, Rifle, Sniper, Bow).

They are a disaster.

Instead of fixing the unarguably problematic(or just plain ****ing broken) ammo system, they chose to introduce mods that at the expense of our limited slot pool, fix a problem that shouldn't even BE there.

It is not good design if you make it optional to lessen an issue, especially if the issue dosen't really add any gameplay.

Having 4-5 ammo types where 1 or 2 would suffice is bad design, it should be FIXED, not played up.

I'll repeat it once more for clarity: Cut the number of useless ammo boxes, instead of introducing mods that make them "meh".

You dont even have any of the mods and yet you complain about them. Its just.... wow....

I have no use for these mods, and the only reason to get them is for completionist sake.  There is no reason to use them with the existance of ammo boxes and the overabundance of ammo drops.  same goes for scavenger auras right now.

+1 I don't remember the last time I actually needed to use an ammo box; I can't imagine needing to waste mod space for ammo.  They took a lot of steps in the right direction with this event, but the rewards are pretty lackluster.

Edited by Aggh