Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop the Screen Shake - Youre Making People Physically SICK

BlackCoMerc

On 10/28/2017 at 9:47 AM, AdunSaveMe said:

It only disables some of it. Not all of it.

And the other problem is that recoil is only screen shake. It is exactly the same effect. It's not separate like in every other shooter. Which makes recoil just as sickening.

I pulled my Soma prime off the shelf, Dusted it off. Went into a mission and started firing away. Im like nope, back to the Tiberon. Screen shake with the Soma is a bit annoying. Same reason I cant use the Prisma Grakata. I don't get sick of anything but weew. Prisma Grakata makes the screen do the Harlem Shake.

On 4/2/2018 at 8:51 PM, (PS4)dA_BLoK_iS_hOt said:

I pulled my Soma prime off the shelf, Dusted it off. Went into a mission and started firing away. Im like nope, back to the Tiberon. Screen shake with the Soma is a bit annoying. Same reason I cant use the Prisma Grakata. I don't get sick of anything but weew. Prisma Grakata makes the screen do the Harlem Shake.

DE has largely increased the magnitude of screen shake for many auto-rifles, see the vid on the first page of this thread, I just do not know what they are trying to accomplish by doing that.

On 4/2/2018 at 12:57 AM, ValArgentum said:

Just went through some similar problems with the whole room looking like it was constantly expanding and contracting after having to reset graphics settings.  Turns out it was the dynamic resolution all along - don't leave it on auto, change it to user.

Will remember that. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, modalmojo said:

DE has largely increased the magnitude of screen shake for many auto-rifles, see the vid on the first page of this thread, I just do not know what they are trying to accomplish by doing that.

Killing interest in their game, maybe? Seems about the only purpose this would actually fulfill...

On 4/2/2018 at 7:47 PM, NeoRetro10K said:

Speaking of disabled options acting like they're still on, melee weapon elemental effects are still showing up even when toggled off.

I'm going to combine them with a high level Infested Survival, and send myself into seizures.

Seriously, DE...screen shake. Gratuitous visual effects...

Just stop already. Seriously.

There is no reason to introduce this much screen shake to auto-rifles (again see the vid of Zenith on the first page), the magnitude of screen shake was not like this before. 

It has nothing to do with the accuracy as the spread is still always there even if you take away the screen shake, screen shake and accuracy are two different things, the problem is you tied them together.  

There are two problems with the screen shaking option.  The first is, obviously, some guns have ridiculous recoil that is unaffected by the setting - a good example being the cancerous Dual Decurion.  The second is the screen shake option re-enabling itself between missions even though it shows it's disabled.  You have to re-enable it in the options, move around a bit, and then turn it back off for it to turn off screen shaking again.  Obviously with the former they should just stop making weapons with such bad recoil they're unusable, while with the latter they need to fix the option itself.

Edit:  It seems that whenever the game is lowered or restarted it causes the option to break.

Edited by Schwertkreuz

2 hours ago, (XB1)maledicus GER said:

The standard FoV is really low, but you can greatly increase it in the graphics options.

Best regards.

I have the FOV maxed. Its still way, way too tight. The camera needs to move backward away from the frame a goodly bit. This is especially an issue with larger frames, like Rhino "I cant see to my left" Prime, with his shoulder pads of +5 view obfuscation. 

On 4/18/2018 at 6:41 PM, BlackCoMerc said:

I have the FOV maxed. Its still way, way too tight. The camera needs to move backward away from the frame a goodly bit. This is especially an issue with larger frames, like Rhino "I cant see to my left" Prime, with his shoulder pads of +5 view obfuscation. 

Agreed, the frame is constantly blocking a good portion of the screen, this is additionally annoying (~1/3 screen is blocked) when you aim.  It can be a real obstruction especially if you have large (steam) wings or something.

Am 19.4.2018 um 00:41 schrieb BlackCoMerc:

I know what you mean ... especially in the plains of eidolon the whole camera position is far from good. I think the FoV is ok, its the whole 3rd person camera position that needs some tweaking imho. It would be really good if DE would implement some free tunable camera options.

Best regards.

• 2 months later...