The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp resouces is far too rare to fit these crafting requirments.

Wevi

Even with a resource booster this is beyond a pain to get. i get 2 (because of the resource booster) like every other mission in the plains.
Bad enough the hitbox for them are wonky but they also disappear after like 4 seconds so if you ran past one and didnt see since its small and pretty much blends into the background its pretty much gone.

This makes the old old rubido farm AND the old oxium farm look like nothing compared to this.

CzcZmA4.png

Wisps actually arn't the worst part of farming in PoE.. especially if you know where to look. (check the cetus wisps section in Warframe Wiki for a good map)
While it IS a pain, it's nowhere near as bad as focus farm, rare gem (Sentrium/Nyth) farm for new arcanes, sentient core farms.
You can easily get 2-4 Wisps without booster per run-through with the wiki's map to go by and speedy enough frame.

The only gripe I do have with this (the same gripe I have with sentient cores mind you) is that wisps can't be vacuumed.

I have noticed they are hard to grab when you see them, but I have also found that being small and as easy to kill as I am helps me find them. I spend a lot of time being sneaky instead of just blasting away, I have to creep around the planes using stealth and so I find them quite often. They have, so far, always been near water, and since I'm sneaking around trying not to get killed I stop and fish a lot and that is when I find the most. It seems like sitting still helps a lot, in my case, staying in one place, but looking around. Noticing all that led me to go looking for them and while actively looking I found exactly none.

21 minutes ago, SandDune said:

You can easily get 2-4 Wisps without booster per run-through with the wiki's map to go by and speedy enough frame.

I have never seen more than 2. Most times, I don't see any in the entire circuit, so I've spent a few minutes running in a 5km loop with nothing to show for it. It's pretty bad. I've heard of people lucky enough to get 4 or 5 spawns in a single run, but I have never seen such a thing. All the loot radar in the world won't show them up because they just aren't there. I'm averaging less than 1 per run.

5 minutes ago, DreamsmithJane said:

don't see any in the entire circuit, so I've spent a few minutes running in a 5km loop

You are running right? It takes a longer time to sneak up on stuff, and I think wisps need to be snuck up on. I'm not positive about that, but I have found all of the ones I have while not moving, or moving slowly. If a glow in the dark Warframe came blasting up on me out of the blue I would try to vanish too.

5 minutes ago, MealeaYing said:

You are running right? It takes a longer time to sneak up on stuff, and I think wisps need to be snuck up on. I'm not positive about that, but I have found all of the ones I have while not moving, or moving slowly. If a glow in the dark Warframe came blasting up on me out of the blue I would try to vanish too.

Actually, sneaking or not doesn't matter, they detect you within a certain radius, then proceed to do their thing, then vanish.  I used a volt with armored agility+rush, high strength build, and theifs wit built in to hunt down wisps myself.

I have been following a map. Getting around 4 per run. Always look at night. I have not found more than 2 during the day.

Of course, that is 8 with the free booster from the other day.

I was able to get 7 max in one run (14 boosted).

I found a guide that was quite helpful. I will edit with the link. Link in spoiler.

I roughly follow the route specified here. I run a 1.96 sprint Loki Prime, with maxed loot radar + animal instinct.

I have 130 wisps left - I have used them for amps.

hDfctNg.png

Edited by krc473
Added stuff to spoiler tag

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I have been following a map. Getting around 4 per run. Always look at night. I have not found more than 2 during the day.

Of course, that is 8 with the free booster from the other day.

I was able to get 7 max in one run (14 boosted).

I found a guide that was quite helpful. I will edit with the link.

Wow! That is a lot, I thought it was doing well!

You are doing it wrong.It’s easy to get 3-7 every few minutes. 

Equip your warframe with the Loot detector aura then load into the plains (pref by yourself to make it faster). Launch your archwing. Speed fly to each of the inland water pools and fly around the edges of them. When you see a loot marker appear on the minimap. Quickly check if it’s a wisp. If it is, fly down, grab it. Then fly to next pool. Once they are all checked, load into Cetus and then go back out and redo it again.

It’s really easy

Edited by Ishamaelronin

15 hours ago, SandDune said:

Wisps actually arn't the worst part of farming in PoE.. especially if you know where to look. (check the cetus wisps section in Warframe Wiki for a good map)
While it IS a pain, it's nowhere near as bad as focus farm, rare gem (Sentrium/Nyth) farm for new arcanes, sentient core farms.

The only gripe I do have with this (the same gripe I have with sentient cores mind you) is that wisps can't be vacuumed.

Do everything SandDune said, except with an Itzal. You don't need to leave AW wisps are affected by it's 3. All in all it's a very quick and easy farm.

On 10/28/2017 at 1:59 PM, Wevi said:

they also disappear after like 4 seconds so if you ran past one and didnt see since its small and pretty much blends into the background its pretty much gone.

Or if you see it on the loot radar, immediately run to the location, and frantically search for it, it will still fly up into the sky, taunting you. I feel like they are actually trolling me.