Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

raids?

LeBaguette101

In warframe we have 2 raids and they are both kind of average. a game that warframe is often compared to is destiny, and as much as i dislike the main game of both destiny 1 and 2 they understand how to make raids, people don't play destiny for the story missions they play for the raids or pvp event called the iron banner, now conclave is another mess but i don't know how to fix that without overhauling the whole thing. my point is that raids are what keeps people playing destiny and could add the endgame content that the game is so sparse of. while i doubt we will get another raid i would like to request one anyways, i would also like it if raids weren't focused on ccing enemies and maybe we would be put into so fighting arenas like doom and had to kill some to progress, just an idea but i dont know im not a game developer but surely you can sure what it is i'm trying to get at. if raids were enough to keep people playing destiny 1 and i know the is a crowd in warframe that already enjoys doing raids then maybe warframe could re enter the raid scene with a new raid and get the crowd that enjoy the raid gameplay.

38 minutes ago, LeBaguette101 said:

In warframe we have 2 raids and they are both kind of average. a game that warframe is often compared to is destiny, and as much as i dislike the main game of both destiny 1 and 2 they understand how to make raids, people don't play destiny for the story missions they play for the raids or pvp event called the iron banner, now conclave is another mess but i don't know how to fix that without overhauling the whole thing. my point is that raids are what keeps people playing destiny and could add the endgame content that the game is so sparse of. while i doubt we will get another raid i would like to request one anyways, i would also like it if raids weren't focused on ccing enemies and maybe we would be put into so fighting arenas like doom and had to kill some to progress, just an idea but i dont know im not a game developer but surely you can sure what it is i'm trying to get at. if raids were enough to keep people playing destiny 1 and i know the is a crowd in warframe that already enjoys doing raids then maybe warframe could re enter the raid scene with a new raid and get the crowd that enjoy the raid gameplay.

Without a proper in-game marker guide, raids will always be unpopular and extremely reliable on outside information sources. People don't like playing with this inherent toxicity and just don't play the raids at all. 

It's really a damn shame for Destiny. So much potential wasted. 

But yes, I too would love another raid in Warframe. If possible, with better mechanics and bosses than the first 2 raids. Not that they're bad, I just feel like they could be much better. 

I could go for another Raid anytime.

However, to say that Destiny knows how to do raids is... Complete bollox to me.
The only reason raids got so popular is because :
1- There was absolutely nothing else to do.
2- It was/is the only way to get more light levels
3- Was slightly more challenging and story-filled than the whole game itself.
4- The game was hyped and people needed something to do after they bought the overpriced game otherwise it would've been a waste.

My entire Destiny raid experience can be summarized fairly easily :
70% cheesing the boss aim behind a cracked walls while sitting still on the objective
5% stupid long distance platforming, and again more cheesing
15% running in circle around the map without killing a thing waiting for your entire team to revive because something stupid happened.
10% "Waiting to revive" screen.

Raids are terrible.

They were terrible in WoW.

They're terrible in Destiny.

They're still awful in Warframe.

Raids, as a concept, are lazy, terrible game design. Do them once or twice, "crack" the solution and do EXACTLY THE SAME THINGS, in EXACTLY THE SAME ORDER, every single run.

It's an awful, terrible experience. If I never run another scripted puzzle Raid in my life...I'll celebrate their absence.

6 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Raids are terrible.

Raids, as a concept, are lazy, terrible game design. Do them once or twice, "crack" the solution and do EXACTLY THE SAME THINGS, in EXACTLY THE SAME ORDER, every single run.

And how is this different from Spy, Rescue, Mobile Defense etc lol  

I would like to see LoR get changed.

• The puzzle room solution monitors should move (ie long top shouldn't be suicide(1) every time)
  • The buttons in the hijack should be randomly placed - and/or add some randomness to the path or order of the rooms
  • The terminals in the toxin injectors should be randomly placed

Additionally, for NMLoR:

• Loose some health as well as energy on buttons
  • Something to introduce a randomized required order for the bombs to be placed on vay hek fight
  • Buff Vay Hek final fight - maybe include his terra frame (an extra strong variant of it or something)
  • Let miter neutralizing justice work on nullifiers
  •  

For Both

• Fix the bomb teleporting bug on vay hek fight
  • Fix the buttons so they work reliably (both hijack and doors for vay hek)

For JV:

• Add some objective markers on inside so new players can have some kind of indication as to what they are supposed to do
  • Fix the no-hud bug where you cant tell how many injectors you have
  • Fix the can't use anti-serum in the bubble machines when game gets laggy 
  • Fix the hit-box on Golem for the spores going into his head (THey fixed the improper docking but didn't fully fix the hit box location)
  • Fix the Golem taking a spore but not reducing engine charge until another spore is put in and counts double
  • Fix going into operator and back to warframe frequently results in inability to use warframe abilities or bullet jump unless you go into operator a second time
  • Fix not being able to use or reload a weapon after switching to melee and back again unless you change weapons AGAIN.
  • Fix getting stuck in vent on way into golem on stage 3
  • Fix esophage not working occasionally or requiring you to use your operator for it to work properly.
  • Change stage 3 so its not two completely different mechanics resulting in one or more teammates getting stuck outside just pushing around a ball and not being able to participate on inside (including getting caches etc)
  • Shorten duration of stage 2 decryption - its not challenging or interesting, just a time suck even if done exclusively at high performance