Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to improve Ember Deluxe skin (visual guide)

JLS.SEZ

There's a lot of backlash towards ember deluxe, but I see where the designers were going with it. Unfortunately, the "feathers" looks more like fish scales or fins. My initial thought was that it looked like something speared out of the water in PoE, like seriously - "they's gotta be 40kg *at least*"

But I don't hate the skin - I just think it can be majorly improved by a few additions (which will probably never be added, but I thought I'd share)

I think it looks much nicer if there were more "firey" elements - and if the "feathers" were made to look a little more full, preferably by *firey feathers,* so I made this real quick to kinda show what I mean. I feel like if it's inspired after a phoenix, it should be almost as striking as one.

Original:

kWDx24G.png

With additions:

oZi4WzE.png

l65YU0A.pngUU4h3e7.png

Not sure if suggestions like these would ever be taken into account, but there just seems to be a lot of angry/annoyed people and I figured something like this would be a bit of a compromise.

Edit: I didn't edit the other poses because I feel like this is enough to get the concept across, plus I need sleep.

Edited by JLS.SEZ
Added in a sentence

54 minutes ago, CpTKugelHagel said:

oh my gawnd stop crying on the original concept and improvements and rip concept bla bla bla it was a concept art not a ready skin they changed it live with it and also the skin looks awesome if you dont like it its your problem

I'm not really complaining or crying. There's people saying it's complete trash and making fun of it, or hung up on the original ember deluxe skin, etc - I'm just saying it can be greatly improved so that people will like it more.

That way players are made happy, and DE is made happy with more sales and PR maintenance, and a lot of people seem to be complaining about PoE and now Ember deluxe. That's why DE is changing/editing things in PoE, maybe they could do the same with this skin.

I'm just giving a positive suggestion, that's what this section of the forums is for. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, you like the skin as it is, which is fine. :) I don't hate the skin like a lot of people do but I personally feel it's kinda "meh." But would you be against any changes to it like the ones I've proposed?

I actually REALLY like these additions. I don't know if I would use the helmet still even with the nice emissions, as I personally just don't like the look of the feathery mohawk, but I would definitely use the main body if these were added to it.

In addition, I think you really nailed how I felt about the body. I didn't hate it overall, but the "feathers" on it felt off to me for some reason I couldn't explain. But after seeing your comment, they DO look more like fins, and they're too separated. If they were more filled out, I'd greatly more enjoy the skin.

Edited by Rhinobane
additional comments

On 11/5/2017 at 3:53 AM, Xylyssa said:

No, just no. The fire is too much. Her skin isn't designed to be fire-based, regardless of the fact she is Ember. It is Underworld themed, not fire themed.

Underworld themed?

I clearly am not understanding. Please elaborate, because all I am seeing is a peacock/rushed attempt at a phoenix.

EDIT: definitely needs more fire though. c'mon, it needs more flash

Edited by Berzerkir
added 2 cents to save another comment

when i 1st saw brozime talk about it he mentioned that she should be getting some fire effects around, then it came out and it looked oddly plain with no fire besides those little things near the neck

these changes would make it go from a 3/10 to a 6/10 at least

On 02/11/2017 at 1:57 PM, CpTKugelHagel said:

oh my gawnd stop crying on the original concept and improvements and rip concept bla bla bla it was a concept art not a ready skin they changed it live with it and also the skin looks awesome if you dont like it its your problem

Dunno what's ur problem but this thread talks about improvements on the vermillion skin.. not some baseless arguments people talks about the skin and the ignus skin concept but how the already released skin CAN be improved. Its an opinion, plus a quiete positive one to me. Save some baseless arguments of urs will ya

• 2 weeks later...

There are many little things that DE can add to make the skin much better. Just making it more of a fire type look. For example frost had snowflakes hanging from his helmet to add more of a snowy war God I know that it is a different designer but they can still tweak little things to make ember mains happier especially after seeing the concept. One more thing the skin seems to be really infested textured compared to other deluxe skins that have different textures throughout the skin. Just feels like DE is taking a step back reminds me of saryn deluxe. Even scrapping the arm feathers and making the forearms bigger or even changing the feathers to blades and making the skin more matte instead on overly saturated would probably make it look better