Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plasmashotgun? Plasma Shotgun!

Sobezilla

What is missing from the energy lab? Why a corpus energy shotgun of course! Unlike the current grineer models out there right now a corpus shotgun would have a sort of sterile futuristic aesthetic. Perhaps something like a tactical shotgun (which generally look more like assault rifles)

I have no artistic skill so bear with me here 

So what if we had a plasma shotgun that had a damage per shot greater than the HEK but with a similar choke and magazine capacity? To offset the fact that it would be more powerful than other shotguns the obvious solution would be to add a charge time (much like the ogris and lanka) and to have a projectile travel time (much like the dera and lanka)

2a15sh.png

Good idea but the damage is too low for that charge time.

Charge time for a shotgun ? unless let you shoot like 6 bullets before run out energy, and dat reload... just no

Edited by Dasmir

What is missing from the energy lab? Why a corpus energy shotgun of course! Unlike the current grineer models out there right now a corpus shotgun would have a sort of sterile futuristic aesthetic. Perhaps something like a tactical shotgun (which generally look more like assault rifles)

So what if we had a plasma shotgun that had a damage per shot greater than the HEK but with a similar choke and magazine capacity? To offset the fact that it would be more powerful than other shotguns the obvious solution would be to add a charge time (much like the ogris and lanka) and to have a projectile travel time (much like the dera and lanka)

2a15sh.png

Don't use ammo, make it overheat and reload is overheat time.

Cool. I wonder if this could be a Chem Lab thing due to it being about heat levels. And plasma is just a super-heated gas.

In other words, the fourth state of matter that is easily manipulated by magnetic fields so I'd say it belongs in the energy lab.

Welp if we compare the damage output of a shotgun VS a sniper rifle

HEK deals 140 
Snipetron deals 100

So what if a plasma shotgun were to deal 40 more damage than the lanka? so a plasma shotgun with a base damage of 290? Of course it wouldn't over throw the lanka because the lanka has a much larger magazine at 10 per magazine and it has a near infinite range.

Make it deal the same damage as the Strun when you fire rapidly and about 150 when you charge it up. However, when you fire the charged shot it takes up 3 rounds out the 6 in the magazine and will scale up that amount if you add ammo mods, preventing anyone from getting more than two charge shots.

Make it deal the same damage as the Strun when you fire rapidly and about 150 when you charge it up. However, when you fire the charged shot it takes up 3 rounds out the 6 in the magazine and will scale up that amount if you add ammo mods, preventing anyone from getting more than two charge shots.

that sounds like a 'never chage fire this'. that isn't enough damage to justify 3 shells being used in one shot.

unless ofc this shotgun brings in a new DoT type or status effect, etc. that won't be all up front damage.

anyways a plasma shotgun sounds cool, but we'll see if it is something that is even useful before we start to balance it.

it needs to fill a role.

Edited by taiiat

When I hear "Plasma Shotgun" I think of the geth shotgun from ME2/ME3. You can either use it semi auto, or charge it up for a massive, and longer distance? shot. http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Geth_Plasma_Shotgun I think something like this, design and ect, would fit very well with the corpus tech design and their whole energy theme.

There are quite a few ME weapons, mostly geth and maybe some collector, that would work design wise as weapons for the Grineer, Corpus, and Tenno.

When I hear "Plasma Shotgun" I think of the geth shotgun from ME2/ME3. You can either use it semi auto, or charge it up for a massive, and longer distance? shot. http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Geth_Plasma_Shotgun I think something like this, design and ect, would fit very well with the corpus tech design and their whole energy theme.

There are quite a few ME weapons, mostly geth and maybe some collector, that would work design wise as weapons for the Grineer, Corpus, and Tenno.

Oh how I did enjoy the geth shotty and sniper while playing ME, however I don't think emulating the weaponry of Mass Effect is what the devs are trying to go for. 

Why does this thread remind me of the Geth Plasma Shotty(gun) from Mass Effect 3?

would be awesome to see that triple barreled beast in Warframe :D .

Same thing as I was thinking.

There was a thread a long while back about a new 'dragon' warframe that uses plasma as it's ability; in the effect of armor reduction.

Perhaps this plasma shotgun could also have a %chance to lower enemy shields temporarily which increases if the gun is charged.

Charge time for a shotgun ? unless let you shoot like 6 bullets before run out energy, and dat reload... just no

Charge time shotguns pretty much wrecked &#! 24/7 in mass effect, and one of them even had used magnetic plasma toroids.

Just yes.

Edited by -Kittens-