Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disable mining and fishing in bounties

Smite_NO

20 hours ago, ScribbleClash said:

This should not matter in the least in this case.
If you join a bounty mission, you should participate and not just leech off from others who do the work.

At the very least DE, please state clearly if this is reportable behaviour that may lead punishments if repeated (If applicable expand on the existing knowledge post in the support section: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200287090-How-to-deal-with-Cheaters-AFKing-trolling-).

NO.  This is NOT a bug OR reportable behavior.  This is the fact that you don't like someone in a groupd doing something you dont want to do.  You might have joined a group for an intended purpose -- but so the other person wanting to fish may have joined for their own purpose as well.

So by all means report this as feedback for a change to the game mechanic -- but it's not a bug and it's your fault for continuing to stay in the group and allow someone else to leach off you in the first place.  Bail on the mission and restart it in another group if you don't like what someone else is doing.  Or as others have suggested solo the bounties.  Honestly If I were a game mod I'd simply laugh at you if you tried to report this as abusive behavior seeing as how the developers built an 'open world /free range /do what you want' mechanism into the new game content.  It's there by design and just because you dont agree with it doesnt make itr exploitation or cheating or trolling.

Should DE disable mining and fishing in bounties? No.

I frequently mine in public bounties. Why? Because I can. Does it negatively affect my squad in any way? No.

If my mining means a group of three people cannot complete a bounty mission, I am not the problem. If my input is required to win the bounty mission, I am carrying you. Complain about my mining, but if it’s a problem, I must be carrying you. I can leave and still win (solo all bounties normally), you need me to win (remember, me mining was an issue) so you cannot win.

I do not fish in public bounties. 

Edited by krc473

2 hours ago, uberfu said:

NO.  This is NOT a bug [...]

Where in the world did you read me say it would be a bug?

[...] OR reportable behavior. [...]

It exactly is reportable behaviour. Your whole "argument" states so itself:

[...] allow someone else to leach off you in the first place.  [...]

Leeching is malicious behaviour that in general is a reportable offense already. If you deem their actions leeching, then there's no reason to even argue against such behaviour being reported.

[...] Honestly If I were a game mod I'd simply laugh at you if you tried to report this as abusive behavior [...]

Which is why you will never hold that position.

It's there by design and just because you dont agree with it doesnt make itr exploitation or cheating or trolling.

No, but no one claimed these to be an exploit or involving cheating or trolling.

This is plain and simple: You can chose to join a bounty and be matched with players who do that bounty. It is no different than joining any other mission and not assisting in the group effort on finishing it. It is this: Leeching. At least your nonsense got me to realize this: It is not necessary for DE to say it is a reportable offense, they already have done so before.

And the whole "argument" that I, as the player doing the mission should leave, does not float. It does not apply to other missions, they do not apply here.
There's a free roam mode. If you want to do random things, go there. Don't accept a bounty beforehand. Or YOU go solo if you want to fish or mine (for prolonged perios) in between your bounties.

Edited by ScribbleClash
added indicator

15 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

How about no? What else am I supposed to do while I wait for the next phase of the bounty to start and I'm surrounded by ore/gem deposits? Why should I have to suffer for leeching countermeasures that are probably just going to bug out and break the game anyway? This is why we can't have nice things.

it takes 5-10 seconds from you finish a bounty to the next one pops, so I call BS

is it really so hard to leave squad? that IS what they added it for.....it will put you into a solo instance and then you can go back to cetus from there....all DE needs to do is make it part of the normal menu options instead of hiding it under the player icon and loadout status

Completly disable  it? No thx. On way to objectives it is cool to keep our eyes open for a resource or two that may apear along the way.

People defending that act though? No thx. To fish and mine ill do it too... If you want your bounty done then you betther minimaly show your interested in completing it cause people aint your personal donkies :/

When i want to focus on mining and fishing ill just go solo... If i felt like not doing it alone id look for other people that would be looking to casually fish and mine too. Not join a bounty and mine / fish the whole thing :/ 

*Would reap the rewards out of someones possible effort without guiving a damn again*

No.  I mine and fish during bounties all the time.

As I solo them.

Armored vaults and area control on camp 2 (I think that's the one halfway up the west coast?) are the best time to mine.

Plus mining as you run from objective to objective.

Edited by Callback

1 hour ago, Kalvorax said:

is it really so hard to leave squad? that IS what they added it for.....it will put you into a solo instance and then you can go back to cetus from there....all DE needs to do is make it part of the normal menu options instead of hiding it under the player icon and loadout status

Is that aimed at those who do the mission objective or those who rather go for other things? Because you're likely already down a bounty and then leaving will mean you will have to solo the rest. This is not a proper solution in this case.

Edited by ScribbleClash

7 hours ago, Smite_NO said:

it takes 5-10 seconds from you finish a bounty to the next one pops, so I call BS

Ten seconds is enough time to mine 2-3 deposits. BS yourself.

7 hours ago, Kalvorax said:

This isn't about people mining and fishing after bounties, but doing it while everyone else is actually doing the bounty, and collecting the bounty reward without participating. Saying "leave the squad" to that is basically saying "just solo if you don't like leechers".