Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinion on the new "generation" of warframe players?

blueboy90780

I havent played with them that Im aware of, I dont look at players stats during a public match. Some folks know what they are doing, communicate and cooperate and I appreciate those players in pub matches. Some dont, and I dont enjoy playing with them.  So realistically I have no opinion about who they are or where they come from. The only players I generally interact with and spend a lot of time with are members of my own clan. 

5 minutes ago, SpoonyBrad said:

This. Can't say I've handed out a maxed Serration mod, since it's a tad expensive to do (I'm a mid-game player at best) and the trade tax alone is likely beyond a new player's budget (plus my wife would kill me since her best Serration is only something like level 7). Still, I do routinely hand out basic mods like auras and stances to anyone who responds constructively to feedback (at least ones I have spares of, but given that I don't clean up my inventory very often that's quite a few). Do all of them stick with the game to actually use those toys? No. Do I feel salty about it? Also no.

Playing with your wife....goals lol

And I do that same, but I give close friends of mine maxed mods because whenever I am on game hiatus, I rely on them to log into the game for me and at least take care of my dog. I gave my friend a maxed out Primed Continuity, that I had to help him farm the credits for. He's a real life friend of mine, so he took me out for a drink that night lol

It's a potential worry, but I think in this case the notorious user-unfriendliness of the newbie experience is a good idiot filter.  I haven't noticed any particular rise in the level of toxicity.  Every now and then one encounters jerky behaviour but the frequency doesn't seem to have noticeably increased in my experience.

11 hours ago, --Cephalon-- said:

One thing I'm proud of is that new players mostly comment to me about how friendly our community is and how this is their first time experiencing "High MR/Veteran" players being kind and gifting to newer folk. ^_^ 

Yes, I've done a similar act of a kindness to one of the noobs I met a week ago. Not sure if it's worth it though, I saw him in the trading chat trying to sell point blank mod, at first I thought he was some veteran trolling and so I went and told him:

"I offer 0 plat, it's good offer ;)"

He laughed a bit, and I've only found out about his newness on the game when he told me directly, I should've checked his profile beforehand. He then told me that he needed plat to unlock an extra slot. What's more, he seems to know very little about the game - he never traded before either. After seeing this, I felt alarmed and wanted to help, so I invited him to a dojo and introduced him to the trading kiosk - gave him 20 plat and 4 other golden useful mods that I have available (berserk, blind rage and such) and then helped him on further mission.

Now, for this whole time - he didn't say much, only a simple word of "thanks". Tbh, I was expecting a bigger reaction or for him to have felt accustomed to the community at that instance - but he stayed quiet through most of our time, spoke only when it's necessary but remain ominous. After that, I've never managed to communicate for him again, not sure if what I did for him payed off or remain as a free give-and-take beg-like manner. Either way, I expected more, perhaps more questions? More expression of speech? Or simply a reaction such as "wow" or "this mod is cool" or a more enthusiastic form of gratitude, idk.

I hope I gave a better insight about my experience and how my opinion of them came to be, this may be false judgement - but this experience has planted a seed of.... doubt in my mind. 

6 hours ago, SpoonyBrad said:

This. Can't say I've handed out a maxed Serration mod, since it's a tad expensive to do (I'm a mid-game player at best) and the trade tax alone is likely beyond a new player's budget (plus my wife would kill me since her best Serration is only something like level 7). Still, I do routinely hand out basic mods like auras and stances to anyone who responds constructively to feedback (at least ones I have spares of, but given that I don't clean up my inventory very often that's quite a few). Do all of them stick with the game to actually use those toys? No. Do I feel salty about it? Also no.

When its credits problem i tell  new player sechura taxi and they go wow 20k credits then i tell them play this till 5 million credits then return to starchart and do sechura whenever credits are low