Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mote Amp returned by support can't gain affinity

Jakkor

I had support return my Mote Amp (in blueprint form) after I found out it gave you mastery after gilding but had donated mine before that discovery. However, I've noticed that, even when I have it equipped, its name and rank doesn't show up above the energy bars where it should be and it doesn't show up on the mission progress screen either. I can equip other Amps just fine, but equipping this particular Mote Amp doesn't seem to actually equip it when in missions, as my Operator will have no Amp on their arm and use the "standing up straight" animations we got when we first had operators, instead of the hunched "combat stance" you get after equipping an Amp.

A friend of mine has also encountered this issue, though his Mote Amp was returned by support in item form directly to his inventory instead of being given a blueprint to make one.

2 hours ago, Kelshiso said:

solved since hotfix 22.2.5, however it seems gilding is broken now so we still can't get the mastery from it yet :/

I leveled it (support returned) up to 30, got mastery in the process (before gilding), but could not gild it to modify colour. As far as mastery is concerned, it served its purpose. 

On 11/11/2017 at 3:12 PM, Kelshiso said:

solved since hotfix 22.2.5, however it seems gilding is broken now so we still can't get the mastery from it yet :/

indeed bro i have the same problem i cant guild the Mote AMp .. teh game say " unable to guild ZAW"  i mean WTF and cant guild it

• 5 weeks later...

I have almost the same issue. I can use my amp on missions and it is shown in the mission progress window. However, its name isn't displayed on the HUD. Funny thing is: each time the amp levels up the message says that my profile name got a level up. Oh, and my amp can't be gilded either.

8 minutes ago, abadaba6 said:

I have almost the same issue. I can use my amp on missions and it is shown in the mission progress window. However, its name isn't displayed on the HUD. Funny thing is: each time the amp levels up the message says that my profile name got a level up. Oh, and my amp can't be gilded either.

The bug described by OP has been fixed.

Returned Mote Amps all get renamed to our nicknames, that's why you see your name when it levels up.  This name info isn't updated in the mission results screen. (Paying 15p to rename it fixes this though, but why really bother?)
And these returned Mote amps can't be gilded either.  But honestly we all asked them back for their MR points.  Just leveling a returned Mote amp to lvl30 does the trick and you will get the Mastery Rank points from that.

Those who didn't turn in their Mote Amp still have to gild and re-level it though.

• 2 weeks later...
В 13.12.2017 в 16:35, MystMan сказал:

The bug described by OP has been fixed.

Returned Mote Amps all get renamed to our nicknames, that's why you see your name when it levels up.  This name info isn't updated in the mission results screen. (Paying 15p to rename it fixes this though, but why really bother?)
And these returned Mote amps can't be gilded either.  But honestly we all asked them back for their MR points.  Just leveling a returned Mote amp to lvl30 does the trick and you will get the Mastery Rank points from that.

Those who didn't turn in their Mote Amp still have to gild and re-level it though.

That explains it. Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2017 at 7:35 AM, MystMan said:

these returned Mote amps can't be gilded either.  But honestly we all asked them back for their MR points.  Just leveling a returned Mote amp to lvl30 does the trick and you will get the Mastery Rank points from that.

Amps don't give mastery till after gilding, so no, we still don't have mastery from it. 

1 hour ago, Kelshiso said:

Amps don't give mastery till after gilding, so no, we still don't have mastery from it. 

When I got the amp back from support, I specifically checked and noticed my MR points go up as I leveled it to lvl30.

This returned mote amp is not the same as a regular mote amp, it seems to be treated as a regular weapon regarding MR gain. Support will name this amp after our nickname.
The normal mote amp is recognized by Onkko, allowing you to return it or gild it.   This returned amp does not show up at all in the Quills menu; can't return, can't gild. It is clearly a new database entry that was quickly made up without taking the gilding part into consideration.

The amp I got from support (and some others) was in the form of a blueprint, while others were given one directly. I don't know why this was done, but I really had no issue. Regardless, I also checked my mastery while ranking the new one and did not gain any.

13 hours ago, Kelshiso said:

The amp I got from support (and some others) was in the form of a blueprint, while others were given one directly. I don't know why this was done, but I really had no issue. Regardless, I also checked my mastery while ranking the new one and did not gain any.

This is very strange. I also got mine back as a blueprint.  But in your codex profile, your mote amp remains grayed out, like it was never used.

But with mine:

5TpUEyn.jpg
...its progress is stuck in its gilded state at lvl 8, which is when I turned it in after my first crafted amp was finished. The Mote amp performs so terrible in comparison, I got rid of that thing fast, I hated it that much. This coming from a guy who still has his MK1 weapons, I can still make these work, but Mote Amp?  That's a Nope! 
When I crafted my returned mote amp and leveled it to lvl30, I noticed I got the 3000 Mastery Point from doing that but the progress of the one in my codex did not resume, since the returned Amp counts as a different new weapon (without a codex entry).

I counted the MR of everything I mastered, including the separate returned Mote Amp AND the 800 points from my gilded lvl 8 Mote Amp.  Like I said, it did not resume, it counted the 3000 points as a separate new weapon. So I am actually 800 points ahead than where I should be and the math added up correctly.

1 hour ago, MystMan said:

in your codex profile, your mote amp remains grayed out, like it was never used.

...its progress is stuck in its gilded state at lvl 8, which is when I turned it in after my first crafted amp was finished. The Mote amp performs so terrible in comparison, I got rid of that thing fast, I hated it that much. 
When I crafted my returned mote amp and leveled it to lvl30, I noticed I got the 3000 Mastery Point from doing that but the progress of the one in my codex did not resume, since the returned Amp counts as a different new weapon (without a codex entry).

I counted the MR of everything I mastered, including the separate returned Mote Amp AND the 800 points from my gilded lvl 8 Mote Amp.  Like I said, it did not resume, it counted the 3000 points as a separate new weapon. So I am actually 800 points ahead than where I should be and the math added up correctly.

That probably puts you in a special case. I'm assuming most people turned it in before they could even gild it in the first place, because I did it very soon after making the first tier amp to help hit the next level in the Quills, before gilding was even possible for me. So that was before most people even noticed they /needed/ to be gilded to get the mastery. DE dropped the ball not telling us anywhere that zaws and amps needed gilding to gain the mastery, because everything before then was mastery on first rank, why should we think differently here? Secondarily to this issue is that gilding is even higher up in the groups, so by not having it immediately available people miss any cue that it needs to be done as well.

I read somewhere though that DE has halted the returns on these until they resolve all the issues here though, I'm just wondering why a fix is taking so long.

I'll just toss in my confirmation to this problem. I got rid of my original mote amp while a friend didn't. His is gilded, my new Support-given one is impossible to gild. Didn't check the MR points before and after, however, so I can't confirm if I gained the points anyway.

I can't say I mind too much, though. It's pretty terrible and ranking it up reminds me of maxing Lex back in the day: a bloody nuisance and a headache.