Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Suggestion) Ember Passive

Ehrazmus

Ember's current passive is Ignition... to be fair almost all passives are pretty useless, a very few rare ones actually make sense like Nekros or Trinity but for Ember, a player must get themselves burned to improve their firepower which in a logical sense, WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?!

On high lvls Ember doesn't really scale up due to the flames doesn't really go through armor. However, would it be possible to change Ember's passive?

I am thinking something like Volt's Passive; Static Discharge

Now this passive idea has no name yet but hear me out. Have you ever heard of the term 'Keep the engine warm and running?' it is usually used on vehicles, no surprise there.

What if, Ember's new passive requires them to move around which in turn sorta, burns calories and makes her fire go hotter? In a sense this could make Ember scale up throughout the level and it also stops players from FREAKING AFK-ing. Maybe if they stop moving, the heat will diminish gradually till they get their standard heat?

--------------------------------------------------

I want Ember to scale like Nidus. I completely understand how useful the energy regen the warframe gets when it gets burned but on high lvls, just getting the burning proc would get you an inch closer to your creator. Or you could bring a self damaging weapon... that takes up a whole weapon slot.... and it must not be too powerful to kill yourself with it... yea, that's a really nice weapon to bring to high lvl missions... surely you can kill anything with that...

Limbo has like 10 lines in his passive so I don't think a bit more for this suggestion would not hurt.

When an Ember joins a match or revives (from a complete death) they get 10% of whatever, I haven't thought of the scaling yet. This is sort of like "Fresh out of the forge" type of deal like newly baked bread... still warm. At that point, it is the player's choice whether he/she wants Ember to move around to get more heat or just stand there do nothing to which in term cool down the warframe.

Maybe even auto cast a micro world on fire whenever Ember is downed or dies. Sort of assistance to allies or revenge. If its a public match then it will drain the meter till either it hits 0 or Ember runs out of bleedout time, like her body would be venting out the flames around her.

If she is picked up, she'll retain whatever is left. If its a solo gameplay however, I'd say she'll roll back to 10%

Edited by Ehrazmus
More ideas

As a Volt main, the last thing you want is something like Static Discharge.  It is bloody useless without the Electric Shield augment because it takes too long to power up and goes away in an instant.  It is one of the worst passives in the game.  Yours will at least be more practical than Static Discharge, but again, that really isn't saying much at all.

Ember's current passive wouldn't be so useless if she could light herself on fire via her first ability.  Granted you'd have to scrap the energy regen part to prevent her possibly gaining more energy than she uses, but you could replace it with something else like health regen or something.

Wow, wow, wow, not a bad idea. But I think that to do the passive, like the Volt with the accumulation of damage would be silly. You do not think so? We need a little more to think about, to change passive Ember. Anyway her passive is not so bad.

13 minutes ago, Ehrazmus said:

a player must get themselves burned to improve their firepower which in a logical sense, WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?!

If I'm in an invasion, Sabotage or any mission under Lvl 60 where enemies are flailing Heat around, I'll pick up a proc intentionally to top myself off. I usually get a fair amount of energy for only minor damage to my Shields. So basically free Energy.

Volt's passive is fine. Not amazing (but yes amazing with Transistor Shield), but decent.

If we want to talk disappointing passives, look to Frost.

On the rare occasion I play Ember, I bring a status modded Heat-based Javlok to proc myself for on-demand energy and bonus Power Strength. As niche as it sounds, her passive isn't that bad if you have an active playstyle (not just turn on WoF all mission).

PLEASE TRY out Ember, "Ehrazmus".

"Rework" for Primed Frame, (Volt, Ashes) does not mean "better outcome, but more of "less result" from Experiment.

Ember and Equinox DO NOT need "nerf", just reminding.

Most WarFrames Passive do NEED to be look at, but I don't think it will be this short and easy.

Good Luck.