Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If The Way The Game Becomes Harder Is Enemies Do More Damage...

XCodes

Actually, I regularly use Loki to play through Eris, Ceres and Pluto and that is pretty much without exception solo. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to playing Loki and seriously, I find it to be the most reliable suit to solo those places. The thing is that Loki is designed to be squishy and avoid damage by distracting, disarming or straight up being invisible, not taking it on his shields. If taking cover and using your abilities to avoid damage isn't your thing, don't play a squishy 'frame and really, really don't say that it needs to be changed just because it doesn't fit your playstyle.

I think the best solution for OP problems would be that he either learns to utilize loki to his full potential, or leave loki and get another frame that he can use. We are trying to help by explaining some of our loki tactics and all that we get from you is : " Loki sucks, i cant play with him. It is to hard ".

I don't have a Loki (i hate squishy frames), but if indeed everything you try to do with Loki ends up with you getting splattered on the wall, then it would be better to just give up on the frame at least for now and use something else. For example, Ash is still fast, has Invisibility and is also MUCH less squishy than Loki. Might want to give him a try. Beats being frustrated with the game and getting mocked by asshats on the forums.

From an in-universe perspective, I don't view Loki as a stealth 'Frame. Ash is a stealth 'Frame. He goes in and comes out without any still-living enemy being any the wiser. With Loki, it's quite the opposite. By the time Loki has completed his objective, everyone will know he is there, but try as they might, they just won't be able to shoot him. Between having their weapons stripped, and having to chase decoys down corridors only for the real Loki to slip by while invisible. Loki is all about misdirection.

With that in mind, try to make your enemies run laps while you act from safety. As the difficulty ramps up, enemy awareness becomes pivotal, and a strong weapon  becomes absolutely necessary, but that's (currently) Loki's shtick.

Ok I think this got off track a bit.

I run a Loki, it is my first Frame and I am in the process of leveling my weapons so I can get to mastery 4 so I can get better weapons.

It takes a very long time to do this with Loki, as he can´t take alot of punishment after updates 8 and 9. Not exactly sure what the devs have done, but some enemies seem to hit much harder then they used to.

I have some questions. What level of Forma and mods and guns are you using? This includes the OP, since for me this is of vital importace.

I happen to love Loki as a concept - for me he is the original Ninjaframe. The others are more or less Warriors, made to take a punishing and deal lots of damage.

I am totally fine with this. Diversity is great. But I would like to think that Loki, the Advanced frame, that he is, should be playable as an alternative to the heavys.

Sure play-style has part to do with sucess in Warframe, but the rest comes down to weaponry, mods and leveling. Most advice I have gotten has to do with, Split chamber, Multishot, and others I have never not seen yet. Maby they appear in the Tier 3 planets like Pluto?

And of course having the right weapons, wich I dont have so I cant comment on that. Still using my Braton most of the time, and painfully slowly leveling my Paris to be useful.

Now, I have rushed past enemies and they did not see me. There are however exeptions. Ancients have killed me while cloaked. Napalm Heavys as well. Even Scorpions have somehow targeted me while cloaked at times.

And the real hard part for me is that they hardly ever miss a shot, and some melee attacks have a big blast-radius that have a tendency to get me while I am trying to run past.

Maby this all is because I havent reached the good guns with mods yet. Or maby Loki is designed to be Formad 3 times to be a good Endgame frame.

Those of you with this kind of experience, what advice can you give me? Keep churning to Forma him? OR maby its about the guns?

I am all ears.

This is odd to me, Loki is my most used frame (just looked) and I'm not sure I've ever died on him. His abilities make him a sniping god and if you managed to snag a sniper vandal, you should be golden.

As an addition, I've got every frame except frost prime at 30 (damn you, RNG gods) and Loki has about the best survivability (except Rhino, that frame is crazy good) ingame.

Also, my Loki is unformad, it's all about positioning, and really big guns.

...then it's time to give Loki meaningful Shields/HP. The only way to "guarantee" that Loki doesn't die, currently, is to stay invisible all the time. That's not really a feature of the frame, anymore, it just substitutes your Energy bar for your Life bar and makes every mission Vampire Mode.

So you requesting DE to give loki a "meaningful shields/hp - to "guarantee" that loki doesnt die.

May i ask, what about excalibur? mag? rhino? volt? trinity? ash? Banshee? Ember? Frost? Nyx? saryn? vauban?

This is to "guarantee" that other frames dont die as well. right?