The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tenno’s Greatest Trailer Contest

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, ArielTkx said:

What do you mean by "Suda or Hexis syndicate specific handshake." ? I never saw anything like that in the game

Syndicates have syndicate specific handshakes, I believe redveil does a fistbump, and loka does some weird dance. It is so that players can interact with members of their syndicate in a special way. or something among those lines. Again don't take my word for granted, I haven't been following these things as of late :P

16 minutes ago, Taxiozaurus said:

The basic idea is that you have a handshake emote. and the motions that players do, change depending on their syndicate alignments.

For example regular handshake is a hand lock and a pat on a shoulder. while if you (both players) are a part of Perrin Sequence, you get a courteous bow instead.
This applies to all syndicates.

Here is a quote from a wiki page:

3400 hours into the game and this is the 1st time i even hear about this thing lol

7 hours ago, mwolfamirgaulm said:

This is one of the best ones out there right now, if there aren't any better uploads than this, this one will get first, although i'm still looking forward to Porphis trailer if he makes one.

That'd be awesome! 

My siblings are joining tho, and they're either just as good as or better than me XD

We're just excited to finally have a contest to flex a bit :P

• Like 1

On the " The Tenno's Greatest Trailer Contest" submission form, there's a blank labeled "Your Warframe Forum submission". Are you supposed to post your video to the forums, and then paste a link to your forum post there--or are you supposed to give a title for your video there?

Edit: are we supposed to put the video here as well?

Edited by MuttonJohn

Do I have to capture all the images for the trailer from the game or can I take some pieces from the previous trailers and cinematics that warframe has done? Is it obligatory to use the fraps program or can I use any other?

Thanks!

Edited by ozaetaoihan

6 minutes ago, ozaetaoihan said:

Do I have to capture all the images for the trailer from the game or can I take some pieces from the previous trailers and cinematics that warframe has done? Is it obligatory to use the fraps program or can I use any other?

Thanks!

Edited by Hhuntermania

5 minutes ago, AusarTheVilest1123 said:

If I currently didn't live in a country from the list, but had a passport that says I am from a country from the list, would my entry be valid? Or would there be any void in that case?

since you live in the other country, assuming you own a house there, or atleast some form of property, no it wouldnt be valid, as I understand the rules you are to live within one of stated countries. if however you return to the country you are originally from at or before the ending date of the contest, and preferably before submitting the entry aswell. and that given country is on the list of valid countries, there would not be any problem.

Hope this isn't confusing too much.

DISCLAIMER: I do not understand the rules to their fullest, so anything I say or declare to know about given rules, may be wrong and should therefor not be taken as final answer.
Don't murder me if I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, Brutal-Error said:

since you live in the other country, assuming you own a house there, or atleast some form of property, no it wouldnt be valid, as I understand the rules you are to live within one of stated countries. if however you return to the country you are originally from at or before the ending date of the contest, and preferably before submitting the entry aswell. and that given country is on the list of valid countries, there would not be any problem.

Hope this isn't confusing too much.

DISCLAIMER: I do not understand the rules to their fullest, so anything I say or declare to know about given rules, may be wrong and should therefor not be taken as final answer.
Don't murder me if I'm wrong.

Well, thanks for some clarification... I guess...

1 minute ago, AusarTheVilest1123 said:

Well, thanks for some clarification... I guess...

Im sorry that I can't be of more help to you. There is a bunch of questions not specified within the rules of the contest. There is also a bit of confusing information within the rules, as it is stated to be a free contest, that can be won without paying for anything, yet the soundtrack seems to be paid. I hope you can understand there is a few more confusing things not explained well enough in the rules. Therefor I declare any information given by myself, to be taken with some salt, as I do not know the specific rules for specific situations.

8 hours ago, mwolfamirgaulm said:

For a player it's not bad but for people who are new to the game, they will have trouble recognizing anything the lights flickers to much in your trailer and make recognizing things difficult. Also i personally think that the flickering lights tick me off they are unnecessary and blur my view on the cotent of the video. Some flickering is nice but because you do it through the whole video it just wants me to click away. Sorry man may sound harsh but it's in my opinion a big flaw in your trailer. Your overal shots are not bad though and staying with excalibur (the warframe closest to the form of a normal human) will make people new to the game have something to grasp on too. But in my opinion rework your lighting in the video and also do away the flickering on 0:00 -0:06; keep it  the same on 0:06 -0:10, 0:10 -0:12: wtf is this flickering? it hurts my eyes and is annoying. Search for a better revive animation, maybe with some enemies around you and do it in a more slow mo with the enemies being pushed out. 0:12-0:15 perfect very nice!; replace the part of 0:15 - 0:17 with something more epic it looks to plain and even a bit lame. Maybe a finisher kill with excalibur his exalted blade on a enemy in slow motion would be nice. 0:17 -0:25 no flickering needed; 0:20 -0:25 you can even make the front lighting a bit stronger to give more contrast(pure opinion here).

This is my honest review on your trailer; good ideas but you didn't work them out well. i can see that you are really trying your best but should be better if you want to win. These are all my opinions if you don't agree with me then that's fine. I just tried to give some constructive criticism. hope it helps :)

You are waaaay over analysing these trailers. I can understand writing this sort of stuff for a short film or full length movie, but a 25 second clip is simply too small to put so much unnecessary detail in. If i buy a game from a trailer, it is because the game looked good- i want to see actual in game footage, a demonstration of some features and for the whole trailer to be put together well, that is my opinion.

The reason there is simply too much detail is because if this was put onto TV to advertise, someone is not going to pause their tv every 'shot' to work out the deeper meaning behind everything.

Just now, Brutal-Error said:

You know quite a lot about editing right?

I have been wondering how to do a split screen for ages but can't figure it out, could you help me out?

Depending on the program you use, it can be super simple

You can either stack one vid on top of the other, or mask it properly for both halves of the screen

Either way, it's hard to explain through text :P

Just now, NoirKane said:

Depending on the program you use, it can be super simple

You can either stack one vid on top of the other, or mask it properly for both halves of the screen

Either way, it's hard to explain through text :P

Wow, I have never even thought about masking for this stuff........... Thanks bro, appreciate it lots!