Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tenno’s Greatest Trailer Contest

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, -IA-ShadowKill said:

the overall trailer is quite solid it's not the best out there it is not really much of an attention grabber but it's well done. But this trailer is never going to win because there is text (chat, mission, lotus, simaris, etc.) which is not allowed. So i can only say to you try to get some more attention grabbing music, find better clip for 0:03-0:04 (altough it's already very good) i would make the clip a bit more comprehendable, you just see things going everywhere, also HUD isn't allowed => cinematic is a must (captura). also the transition at 0:04 is with a dark screen => don't do this in an already short trailer it's unecessary and very unprofessional at that moment, i saw that al your transitions in your trailer were very well done so this first transition is a bit strange and i would not do it like that. Last but not least even though i also like the music you used for the trailer but it's not something that will grab your attention. It's to slow and the flow is too soft. Search for something with a beat, something that will get peoples heart pumping. just my honest opinion on your trailer. hope it helps :)

Edited by mwolfamirgaulm

38 minutes ago, mwolfamirgaulm said:

the overall trailer is quite solid it's not the best out there it is not really much of an attention grabber but it's well done. But this trailer is never going to win because there is text (chat, mission, lotus, simaris, etc.) which is not allowed. So i can only say to you try to get some more attention grabbing music, find better clip for 0:03-0:04 (altough it's already very good) i would make the clip a bit more comprehendable, you just see things going everywhere, also HUD isn't allowed => cinematic is a must (captura). also the transition at 0:04 is with a dark screen => don't do this in an already short trailer it's unecessary and very unprofessional at that moment, i saw that al your transitions in your trailer were very well done so this first transition is a bit strange and i would not do it like that. Last but not least even though i also like the music you used for the trailer but it's not something that will grab your attention. It's to slow and the flow is too soft. Search for something with a beat, something that will get peoples heart pumping. just my honest opinion on your trailer. hope it helps :)

lol "This is what you are" thumbnail shows tenno holding a fish xD

1 hour ago, MagicOwls said:

HUH imagine that.... That is the strangest file format ive seen. It seems like it would lower the quality. Isnt .JSON the same thing. but better....

They are talking about supported codecs, i have no idea what Motion JPEG is actually, but i did download a logarith losless codec for YV12 and im rendering my videos with .avi, idk if .avi is the best format for quality but is the best one i got so far

1 minute ago, ArielTkx said:

They are talking about supported codecs, i have no idea what Motion JPEG is actually, but i did download a logarith losless codec for YV12 and im rendering my videos with .avi, idk if .avi is the best format for quality but is the best one i got so far

.AVI is a good format, As well as .wav Either or carries the graphics well

3 hours ago, Savat_94 said:

Guys i need a program to convert video to motion JPEG. Can you help me? Thank you

You can use Sony Vegas for that. Just put the video on it, and re-render using the Image Sequence preset. If you don't have that program, I can convert it for you :)

edit: whoops, actually not image sequence but im sure theres a codec for mjpeg on sony vegas

Edited by Festivity

To everyone confused about the format, I'm fairly certain that it must be RECORDED in the listed formats as they are lossless. Converting them after the fact doesn't do anything since they'll still have the crunched bitrate of whatever program you recorded it with. Therefore, make sure you have something that can record in those formats. Also, recording lossless puts a lot of strain on your computer, so make sure your rig can handle it first.

10 minutes ago, hamburgercrisis said:

Alright, fellow Tenno. I have finally finished my entry.

I have never put this much effort into a single video ever before, and quite frankly I'm exhausted as hell now lol.

This was well done my dude! I know that feeling of exhaustion after completing a large project

This displayed all that effort beautifully! I hope you're rewarded for it!

@[DE]Megan @[DE]Aidan @[DE]Rebecca You three should be answering the question about the text submissions. Considering you (and by 'you' I mean Rebecca) left the question so open ended. A simple "There is no text or logos allowed in the video added by you at all" Would answer the question.

I mean if you put up a competition and then later on change the rules that is bad enough but not being explicit in the rules is way worse. Come on guys don't make me pull more of my hair out please.

Edited by Gokuofuin
typo
  • Like 1

The video quality of MP4 isn't bad at all, its just that not everything is captured as you see it. but previewing a project in say after effects, with a length of about a minute, and a huge filesize (say 2/3GB) it will slow down the editing by such a margin that any well trained content creator needs more time to reach 25 seconds. I have a friend who can edit 25 seconds of footage, to such an extent that it is actually really good, in under 5 hours. I myself take about 6 hours for 30 seconds of finalized product, using MP4. If I were to use say .avi it would take me an additional 4 hours because of the extra time AE (after effects) needs to prerender all the frames. time I dont have.
Then there is also the question of free space to be eaten up by said footage. I once finished a video, not even heavily edited and yet it had a file size of about 150GB. the video was 2 minutes long... it took me 2 days to upload said video, and while I was uploading I could not use the internet, as it would be so slow, even watching a video in 160p was near impossible.

Now I know the rules insist you use some weird file formats, but all my footage was and will be shot with MP4 due to a lack of space on my PC. (already have shadow of mordor uninstalled just for this contest). I will render out the final product in motion JPEG if I can even figure out what format that seems to be...

It would be really great if any member of staff would reply to any and all comments asked up untill this point and anything after.

3 minutes ago, Gokuofuin said:

@[DE]Megan @[DE]Aidan @[DE]Rebecca You three should be answering the question about the text submissions. Considering you (and by 'you' I mean Rebecca) left the question so open ended. A simple "There is no text or logos allowed in the video added by you at all" Would answer the question.

I mean if you put up a competition and then later on change the rules that is bad enough but not being explicit in the rules is way worse. Come on guys don't make me pull more of my hair out please.

Hey I see your point, it all falls down to common sense. 

6 hours ago, Archilade_Z said:

I have a question, 

The Google Form for the submission is editable. Can we edit our submission? For example, changing the Youtube/forum URL..

Please someone answer me :satisfied:

I would really really appreciate if someone (especially DE) could answer my question :) 

Is the form editable (or update-able) until before 25th November? If yes, I believe some of us need to touch up a little bit of their video. Some of good ideas mostly come after uploading the videos..