Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tenno’s Greatest Trailer Contest

[DE]Megan

Erryone who is sticking text on their vids are making my tear ducts sore. I'm pretty sure if your video wins, DE will put "Warframe" on the video where they want it placed, thus the no text rule. Don't ruin your chances peeeeple, you're all doin' great stuff. :)

Do I have to capture all the images for the trailer from the game or can I take some pieces from the previous trailers and cinematics that warframe has done? Is it obligatory to use the fraps program or can I use any other?

Thanks!

Edited by Hhuntermania

2 hours ago, MagicOwls said:

Luckly i have lots of time left! 

If I may be rude enough as to give my opinion on the edit:

The edit is okay, you zoomed in on excals head for a second too long in my humble opinion, and it seems that the flickering is too intense, a bit of flickering through the video is just fine, but tone it down a few steps. If you're working with opacity, try lowering it to max 70%. it will still look good, but just not as intense.

Anyway, thats just my opinion, do with it as you see fit, I would suggest you just make the video as you want it, as that is how it should be! Take care and again, just me being rude, sorry if I butchered your hard work!

On 10/11/2017 at 5:01 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Only 1 submission per person. 1 Person submitting on behalf of a group is allowed (please include names of who you collaborated with). 

Question : If i feature a friend on my video, saying that he helped me (with his in game name) on my forum post, would that be enough?

1 minute ago, ArielTkx said:

Question : If i feature a friend on my video, saying that he helped me (with his in game name) on my forum post, would that be enough?

It would be nice of you to mention him, but I think what DE ment is that if a group of people edit a trailer, together, they should all be named. Unless you want to share the prize ofcourse, in that case: Do mention him!

(my understanding of the rules may be different from the actual rules so don't take my word for granted)

3 minutes ago, Brutal-Error said:

then don't judge others :|

Well it's not like if you don't have any skill you cant judge right? The more scars someone have, the stronger they becomes. Just like [Rage]

You can't just say "wow this is good" to a bad entry. Or they won't grow.

Edited by Ratentaisou

1 minute ago, Ratentaisou said:

Well it's not like if you don't have any skill you cant judge right? The more scars someone have, the stronger they becomes. Just like [Rage]

You can't just say "wow this is good" to a bad entry. Or they won't grow.

but if you dont know how to edit, don't tell others their edit is bad, please! It implies that you are better than them, and that in itself is something you shouldn't ever want to happen! It also is very nerve racking for these people who have worked hard on their entry, just to be told it isn't "good" enough in your opinion. So untill you can prove yourself to have any knowledge about the actual proces that is edit, please do keep yourself from feeding my trigger. There is a saying in the Netherlands it goes like this: "De beste stuurman staat aan wal" The phrase means that the best shipper ins't even on the ship.

I will explain: If you tell someone how they should do their work, or edit in this case, you have to be able to show it. If you know so well how others should edit: show them. don't just bring empty words without meaning.

Please do excuse me if I crossed any lines here. I sincerely apologise in advance, and wish everyone a happy contest. I hereby refrain from answering any more comments regarding current discussion.

11 minutes ago, Brutal-Error said:

then don't judge others :|

Does a movie critic have to be a capable and recognized director? Do you have to be a game designer to comment on games and review them? Judging is absolutely fine. It's the tone that's problematic in many cases. Either way, there are two types of critique: constructive (which pretty much demands "thanks" even if you disagree) and everything else which is best left unanswered. ;)

11 minutes ago, ArielTkx said:

May i ask what is that animation set at the beginning?

It seems to be a handshake. and by the fact that it is not one of 4 that I get, it is either Suda or Hexis syndicate specific handshake.

Edited by Taxiozaurus
forgot a letter

4 minutes ago, Taxiozaurus said:

It seems to be a handshake. and by the fact that i is not one of 4 that I get, it is either Suda or Hexis syndicate specific handshake.

What do you mean by "Suda or Hexis syndicate specific handshake." ? I never saw anything like that in the game

1 minute ago, ArielTkx said:

What do you mean by "Suda or Hexis syndicate specific handshake." ? I never saw anything like that in the game

The basic idea is that you have a handshake emote. and the motions that players do, change depending on their syndicate alignments.

For example regular handshake is a hand lock and a pat on a shoulder. while if you (both players) are a part of Perrin Sequence, you get a courteous bow instead.
This applies to all syndicates.

Here is a quote from a wiki page:

Another type of Emote that can be performed are Handshakes, which are emotes performed simultaneously between two players. In order to perform a Handshake, a player must first perform the Handshake emote, which will set them up. Once set up, another player can perform the Handshake emote on the player already set up to initiate the actual Handshake action. Apart from the normal Handshake gesture, each of the seven Syndicates also possess their own different Handshakes.