Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Messed up level scalling and damage/spawn rate *fixed*

Mirror96

Hi, just recently I was running a few bounties on Cetus, usually those of level 45 - 60, and I couldn't help but notice that right off the bat, grineers of level 60 spawned  on the first stage of the bounty and their spawn rates and damage seemed to be awfully high compared to the previous runs that I did solo, could you please take a look when possible? Thank you, if anyone can confirm this problem, I thank you too

Edited by Mirror96
Reducing the redudancy of some words

no, they are as strong as they always are at this level. the scaling itself in the game isn't really good - read the wiki page if you want the numbers of it: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Enemy_Level_Scaling )

there is a little difference between the "normal" missions and the plains though, and that is the distance the grineer shoot at you. combined with their uncanny accuracy (which is silly when you look at their weapons stats (most of them we also have, so it can easily compared), it can become pretty unhealthy if you don't keep an eye on the battlefield and be an stationary target. many frames that are "meta" in normal gameplay, have a lot of problems in the plains for this reasons. tankier frames and long range weapons aren't necessary, but making your life out there much easier (invisible frames, ofc, can still cheese out most missions with ease).

On 12/11/2017 at 3:50 PM, fr4gb4ll said:

no, they are as strong as they always are at this level. the scaling itself in the game isn't really good - read the wiki page if you want the numbers of it: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Enemy_Level_Scaling )

there is a little difference between the "normal" missions and the plains though, and that is the distance the grineer shoot at you. combined with their uncanny accuracy (which is silly when you look at their weapons stats (most of them we also have, so it can easily compared), it can become pretty unhealthy if you don't keep an eye on the battlefield and be an stationary target. many frames that are "meta" in normal gameplay, have a lot of problems in the plains for this reasons. tankier frames and long range weapons aren't necessary, but making your life out there much easier (invisible frames, ofc, can still cheese out most missions with ease).

ummm....not wanting to be rude, but I did the missions in the plains many times, I even mentioned up above and in fact, I know that it is supposed to be harder than regular missions, what I found odd was that the previous times the grineer always started out on level 45 even on the plains and now the aren't, what I wanted to know was if the last hotfix messed up something on either the spawnrates or the scalling....

Edited by Mirror96

5 minutes ago, Mirror96 said:

~~snip~~

I need you to provide more information.

• Were you running in a squad?
  • What gear were you using?
  • Did you fish/mine first?
  • Focus tree?
  • Images or Video to prove you are correct?

I tested this just now. Scaling is fine. Started T5 bounty, first objective the enemies were level 43-48 or so.

My image:

5WJYrTg.png

Was going to record some of it, but my software told me Warframe was not running :highfive:

22 hours ago, krc473 said:

I need you to provide more information.

• Were you running in a squad?
  • What gear were you using?
  • Did you fish/mine first?
  • Focus tree?
  • Images or Video to prove you are correct?

I tested this just now. Scaling is fine. Started T5 bounty, first objective the enemies were level 43-48 or so.

My image:

5WJYrTg.png

Was going to record some of it, but my software told me Warframe was not running :highfive:

I just tried now and for some reason now it is running correctly, as for the previous questions, I haven't mined anything, no fishing, gear....(you mean the item wheel or my weapons? I'm afraid I didn't quite get it...), focus tree was Vazarin (what it has to do with it...?) and as for images, my steam overlay stopped working so I wasn't able to take any snapshots, though, I doubt it would have been of any use. Not sure why it happened, but it sure was awfull....

1 hour ago, Mirror96 said:

what it has to do with it...?

When PoE first released, Vazarin all but prevented fishing. So, I like to ask now, just incase.

Mining and fishing tools from the gear wheel is what I meant, yes. It is possible that if you spent an hour killing enemies before starting the bounty it might have messed up scaling.

On 13.11.2017 at 8:51 PM, Mirror96 said:

ummm....not wanting to be rude, but I did the missions in the plains many times, I even mentioned up above and in fact, I know that it is supposed to be harder than regular missions, what I found odd was that the previous times the grineer always started out on level 45 even on the plains and now the aren't, what I wanted to know was if the last hotfix messed up something on either the spawnrates or the scalling....

no offense taken, but like i said, i never have this problem of such high numbers - lvl54 was the highest of them in a bounty 5 setting. so yes, your screens proof what you say - i never doubted it and since we talking about bugframe, everything is possible. so, is there a specific "walkthrough" one has to do to get those levels of enemies? for i can't seem to recreate them, which means there is something different in the way we run a eidolon hunt.

anyway, since you edited it to "fixed", i guess DE took care of the problem (to bad, for i really would like to test it out myself).

On 14/11/2017 at 5:30 PM, krc473 said:

When PoE first released, Vazarin all but prevented fishing. So, I like to ask now, just incase.

Mining and fishing tools from the gear wheel is what I meant, yes. It is possible that if you spent an hour killing enemies before starting the bounty it might have messed up scaling.

huh, the school that was designed to counter the enemies prevents fishing....not sure if that's comical or sad, haha