Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fomorian Event Leaderboards - Unfair Top Positions

KudaGila

Hi there DE,

I was trying to compete with others in this event, by playing with a group of 3, 4 ppl, we were geting 10 points max after each run. I ended up with 1,2k of points for this event.

And there was a glitch I heard of, that ppl were geting 15 points from each run. Also there are apperently bots that ppl simply use to run the mission over and over again. 

My concern is, I like a fair game, and to compete with real ppl, not with cheaters/glitchers. Look at the leaderboards and amount of points those ppl have, and ways they gained them. I remember Steve saying DE doesn't like cheaters, and then durring on of the really nice events, we have these ppl making it unfair for anyone who wanted to hit leaderboards.

Edited by Tripfy

There is no leader board reward, other than that one single top guild from each size bracket will get a statue for their dojo.

For individual players there is only a tiered reward that stops at 250 points.

The only reason to go higher than that, is to finish the event, or the prestige.

There is no leader board reward, other than that one single top guild from each size bracket will get a statue for their dojo.

For individual players there is only a tiered reward that stops at 250 points.

The only reason to go higher than that, is to finish the event, or the prestige.

There was mention of a holographic emblem in the rewards. While it wasn't specified, we can probably assume that was the leaderboard reward.

I got 290 points in a little over an hour....Thats an average of 13 runs in an hour, 4.5 minutes each. We found a couple of tricks that would let us keep everything pretty stable, but this is going one right after another, and not stopping till we had no more corrupters, then doing 10 waves of Io with two Embers and two Novas to speed things up. So honestly im guessing if you are really really lucky, you would be able to do the whole cycle a bit faster than that, but not much.

Anybody else average somewhere close to that?

I don't get it - someone is willing to sacrifice his weekend to get to top of the leaderboard an everyone is screaming "cheater, glitcher, no-life, DE disqualify him!"

It's like "Any competition is unfair, because winner is no-life and he/she is training every day to get best results."

I don't get it - someone is willing to sacrifice his weekend to get to top of the leaderboard an everyone is screaming "cheater, glitcher, no-life, DE disqualify him!"

It's like "Any competition is unfair, because winner is no-life and he/she is training every day to get best results."

I have nothing against the No-Lifers, they deserve every point they get because they worked for it. But the Cheaters and such are a totally different story. If you are getting 1600 points an hour, You are cheating. Its impossible to run a while map in 15 seconds.

I have nothing against the No-Lifers, they deserve every point they get because they worked for it. But the Cheaters and such are a totally different story. If you are getting 1600 points an hour, You are cheating. Its impossible to run a while map in 15 seconds.

max is almost 7000 points.

7000/48 = 148 = 150 pts/hour

4 minutes per run - totally doable when in semi-decent team.

And event was longer than 48 hours, don't know how long exactly - so you can include that time for Corrupotrs farming, connecting etc.

Edited by SabreUr

max is almost 7000 points.

7000/48 = 148 = 150 pts/hour

4 minutes per run - totally doable when in semi-decent team.

And event was longer than 48 hours, don't know how long exactly - so you can include that time for Corrupotrs farming, connecting etc.

I heard of claims of 3 minutes and lower.

But that is pushing it and a volt is probably mandatory in that team.

Edited by fatpig84

I heard of claims of 3 minutes and lower.

But that is pushing it and a volt is probably mandatory in that team.

I haven't tried it, but I guess that most optimal composition would be 2 Volts, 2 Novas - with maxed rush.

Whole team speeds to reactor, inserts corruptors and split - one volt and one nova stay and defend, other two runs to the exit - it is easy enough to find, because path never branches. Defense timer ends, extraction time starts as soon as second pair reaches exit, so they can finish mission before defenders reach extraction point.

Maybe put incentive on performance, not how many kills/points? To measure rate rather than length?

No life? 

Maybe.  I guess If staying up for around 48 hours on a weekend playing nothing but this game counts as that.  I for one am an insomniac and stay up for periods of time far longer than that without even getting a choice in the matter.

Botting? 

BullS#&$.  You can't get a bot that can run through a game that randomly generates a maze like level full of pitfalls and enemies every time a mission is launched.  Get out of here with that crap.

Me and the rest of All Warframes Bulletin spent the whole weekend blitzing the event with 2 teams of 3 running about 20% of the time, a team of 4 about 50% of the time, and a team of 3 for the last 30%.  We made it to rank 3 on the ghost leaderboard.

By the end of the event we averaged about 2 minutes 15 seconds per run with my Volt leading the "Fast team".

Here's just one of our hundreds of runs recorded via Afanasi's point of view:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK54OvmMyp4

He was our "Exit scout" at the time.

Stalc was running his rhino for "Hallway clearing" with his charge.

I was running Volt for "Gottagofast".

And Veraal was running his frost for Console safety on our way out after we plugged in.

Edited by SanguineXIII

i posted something here

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/86461-operation-sling-stone-community-event-july-26-29/page-54#entry968335

1st player on leaderboard have 6970 points... he make around 697 runs with 2 other players minimum. We destroyed 13 femorial ships so for this amount of points we should make around 54 runs per ship. If they spend 5 min for single run the need almost 59 hours to earn this point.

My questions:

1. If they play without break for 59 hours how they can do this if we destroyed ship in around 53 hours.

2. If they earn 10 points he need use all 3 corruptors so need 2 other players.. so why no others who have same amount of point.

3. Even if HE/They spend less min in single run when they farm 697 Stable, Alpha and Beta corruptors ?

Dont care who is 1st etc.. even if we get special rewards for 1st 100 players.. but i dont like when someone use "something" to be "1st" ehh...

Make some maths.

So even it its takes 3 min... animation etc etc ..  for 54 runs per ship u need 162min its around 35hours for runs only on all ships. for this you need farm like i said 697 Stable, Alpha and Beta corruptors, not all runs was even.. some have longer way to exit or to reactor.

Other hand, if player farm corruptors all see that Alpha and Beta drop witch lower rate than stabel drop.. so single farm of this items will take some time.

You all know how many points you get with 3 ppl, so why we dont see 3 ppl who have almost same number of points.

Edited by Dreed

If you've got a good, organized clan supporting you, then you could run ships 100% of the time and never farm for corruptors.   You need 3 per run, your clanmates farm them and you just run with them.    Clanmates constantly switch out places to keep corruptors in stock, and the ones not running with you farm more. 

That's also why you don't see 3 more - it was clearly the clan focused on getting 1 guy in top position.  The others weren't there for every run, since they would've been swapping out to keep him in corruptors.

Which just leaves chain speed-running.  Hardly impossible.

Lots of work, lots of co-ordination.  I sure wasn't willing to do that, but I see no reason to begrudge those who did.

I went ahead and brought this to DE's attention. As far as I'm aware (at present) there's no indication that anyone's botting or glitching (And honestly botting makes no sense - how would the bot deal with the randomly generated maps?), but it'll be looked into and dealt with appropriately if it does turn out to be the case. If you have hard evidence of someone doing either of these things (READ AS: An undoctored screenshot or log file of someone getting >10 points in a mission or something like that) you should either submit a support ticket or PM DERebecca.

I got 290 points in a little over an hour....Thats an average of 13 runs in an hour, 4.5 minutes each. We found a couple of tricks that would let us keep everything pretty stable, but this is going one right after another, and not stopping till we had no more corrupters, then doing 10 waves of Io with two Embers and two Novas to speed things up. So honestly im guessing if you are really really lucky, you would be able to do the whole cycle a bit faster than that, but not much.

Anybody else average somewhere close to that?

About the same, did a 15 wave at Xini with 2 buddies, then it took 2 hours to get us to 250. 25 runs... 10 points a run :) Did have a smoke brake and coffee brake in between...

If you've got a good, organized clan supporting you, then you could run ships 100% of the time and never farm for corruptors.   You need 3 per run, your clanmates farm them and you just run with them.    Clanmates constantly switch out places to keep corruptors in stock, and the ones not running with you farm more. 

That's also why you don't see 3 more - it was clearly the clan focused on getting 1 guy in top position.  The others weren't there for every run, since they would've been swapping out to keep him in corruptors.

Which just leaves chain speed-running.  Hardly impossible.

Lots of work, lots of co-ordination.  I sure wasn't willing to do that, but I see no reason to begrudge those who did.

You call this Co-op i call this "feeding" from event to event They - DEV team - are better and better, now we dont have individual runs for stupid kill.. but ... situation like that show that one of team can do nothing and get point for himself and for clan.. its feeding - ok DEVs maks small mistake.. and this "guy" run all the time with players who farmed corruptors and used it when This guy do NOTHING.. he could even be a ghost who just join mission when he's AFK.. even when he sleep.

Another event show another problem what prob will be fixed on next event and prob. next event bring new problems, news what ppl will use to earn points.

And i dont say "gg" for player like him.. why? because i know ppl who spend uninterrupted 14-15 sometimes 16 hours with clan mates to farm mats and get points... thats was something.. no sitting.. sleeping or whatevet he done in that time when other players make points for him.

Why i have not so many points.. why i dont try to be in top 100 like on other event.. because now i spend time with family and enjoy the nice warm weather what i have on weekend.

Edited by Dreed