Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Older Primes need to be looked at

dan.io.wal

I think that several older primes need to be looked at, similar to how the Sicarus Prime was not too long ago. A simple buff to make them more usable and viable.

Burston Prime: A simple boost to status chance here would be much appreciated. maybe 25-35%? As a prime I think this wouldn't be too much to ask for. 

Latron Prime: I'd like to see a buffo to its crit chance. The status chance is fine as is. I feel that 30-35% crit would be more than fine. An increase to the base damage as well, maybe 130-160 damage. The Lex Prime has higher dps than the Latron Prime. This seems wrong. As a single shot rifle it would be appropriate honestly. I love this weapon. I love how it feels, and it's fantastic on the plains. It just needs a boost. 

Fang Prime: 5% crit and 5% status is absolutely nothing. A shift of its (and to that extent, the basic fang daggers) to slash would be appropriate. Increase base damage to 60-75, and increase crit or status to 20% or more, with a crit multiplier of 2. I love how these weapons look, but their supplemental stats don't help them at all. 

Orthos Prime: I love this weapon, and it's very usable. However, the Guandao and other long reaching weapons, such as the atterax, are more viable in most situations. I would like to see the status increased to 25%, and crit up to 15%. Otherwise, it's fine. 

Reaper Prime: The stats on this weapon are a little strange. I would love seeing this get a buff to have 25% crit chance and 15-20% status chance. 

These are just my opinions, but I feel that they're valid. As prime weapons come out with higher and higher stats, these weapons have been left behind. Since the Sicarus Prime was so easily changed to be viable once more, a change to the supplemental stats of these weapons would be much, much appreciated. 

41 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

You want the Latron Prime to have high status, high crit and high damage? 

More crit would be nice. I really don’t need more status now that I think about it. I just know it’s very underpowered. As a single shot rifle I do think it needs a boost to its supplemental stats. 

1 minute ago, danthedapper said:

More crit would be nice. I really don’t need more status now that I think about it. I just know it’s very underpowered. As a single shot rifle I do think it needs a boost to its supplemental stats. 

The Latron Prime already have high status and high crit damage. Its one of the few hybrid primary weapons in the game, capable of having a status and crit build at the same time.

And what will happen with the Latron Wraith? The Wraith have higher crit chance and ROF but less damage and status, buffing the Latron Prime to have everything will pretty much kill the Wraith, and would kill the Grinlok with it.

18 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

The Latron Prime already have high status and high crit damage. Its one of the few hybrid primary weapons in the game, capable of having a status and crit build at the same time.

And what will happen with the Latron Wraith? The Wraith have higher crit chance and ROF but less damage and status, buffing the Latron Prime to have everything will pretty much kill the Wraith, and would kill the Grinlok with it.

Few? I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many weapons are both Status and Crit viable in this game. Any high RoF gun is status viable and thanks to Prime Target Cracker/Pistol Gambit 60% of secondaries are crit viable. Any high RoF gun can easily apply status with 15% status chance at base. obviously low RoF guns need upwards of 25 or 30% to be status viable. And melee weapons are even bigger offenders thanks to Blood Rush, Body Count, Weeping Wounds, and other mods.

Like I am all for buffing the weaker Primes but seeing how the best weapons in the game can apply status and crit like monsters (Arca Plasmor, Tenora, AkSomati Prime, every freaking melee weapon) which is the 'meta' right now, and Latron Prime seeming fits into the meta...but isn't actually meta?

But I agree. I wouldn't want Latron Prime to totally nullify using Latron Wraith. If anything they could both get a buff. That wraith can have 35% crit chance and 25% status while prime can get 20% (maybe 25%) Crit chance and 30% status.

I think the biggest issue with the Latron series is they just don't hit hard enough. Soma Prime and Tenora have the volume of fire to go through enemy defenses to deal damage. Latron has to hit hard because it can't put out enough bullets to strip armor in a reasonable time.

I don't really feel Orthos P needs a buff but Fang Prime sure as hell does.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

Few? I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many weapons are both Status and Crit viable in this game. Any high RoF gun is status viable and thanks to Prime Target Cracker/Pistol Gambit 60% of secondaries are crit viable. Any high RoF gun can easily apply status with 15% status chance at base. obviously low RoF guns need upwards of 25 or 30% to be status viable. And melee weapons are even bigger offenders thanks to Blood Rush, Body Count, Weeping Wounds, and other mods.

Like I am all for buffing the weaker Primes but seeing how the best weapons in the game can apply status and crit like monsters (Arca Plasmor, Tenora, AkSomati Prime, every freaking melee weapon) which is the 'meta' right now, and Latron Prime seeming fits into the meta...but isn't actually meta?

But I agree. I wouldn't want Latron Prime to totally nullify using Latron Wraith. If anything they could both get a buff. That wraith can have 35% crit chance and 25% status while prime can get 20% (maybe 25%) Crit chance and 30% status.

I think the biggest issue with the Latron series is they just don't hit hard enough. Soma Prime and Tenora have the volume of fire to go through enemy defenses to deal damage. Latron has to hit hard because it can't put out enough bullets to strip armor in a reasonable time.

I don't really feel Orthos P needs a buff but Fang Prime sure as hell does.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

Its one of the few hybrid primary weapons in the game

I like the idea of having Fang Prime maybe be mostly Slash and have Puncture, due to how they look, compared to Fang. Then, it would be nice to either have a boosted Crit or Status Chance.

With how they attack being able to proc Slash often would certainly add a lot to them for example, as how things are setup now with damage (and has me imagine death by a thousand paper cuts style with them). So either through increased base Status, or like Rapiers using Vulpine Mask or other weapons like Arca Plasmor.

As for Burston P, what about raising base damage?

Every weapons u mentioned except for the Orthos Prime need either a huge or small buff.

Fang Prime 5% crit and status is horrible, not to mention the Attack Speed nerf long ago. Burston Prime need at least about 5% status chance buff to 20%. For the Latron Prime however i think it's fine the way it is now. But kinda fall short when you compare it with weapons like the Sybaris Prime or the new Argonak. Reaper Prime's stats are not very good either, 20% crit is viable but 12% status is a bit low if you don't use 60% status mod or Weeping Wound (a buff to 15 or 20% would be nice) or something better like a range buff since its range is terrible considering it's a big scythe.

But the Orthos Prime, it is a really strong weapon which has long range, fast attack speed, IPS is mainly Slash, 15% status is enough for Weeping wound. Compare it to other polearms in game like the Guandao, i say Orthos P is better since Guandao has lower AS and almost no status whatsoever. 

My build (Orthos P): P Pressure Point, P Reach, P Fury, Condition Overload, 2 60% dual stats which combine into Viral, Weeping Wound, Drifting Contact.

9 hours ago, Doomsknight said:

Totally agree ! And I hope DE can realize that Riven is not the answer to weapon balance. Many old stuff just simply needs some minor buff to make them viable again.

DE never said that rivens is the answer to weapon balance. Thats why balance pass exists. Thats why the Sicarus got buffed, nearly all the secondary shotguns received buffs and weapon like the Opticor received buffs.

I think they realize that since the beggining.

13 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Then buff the Wraith as well?

It's certainly lacking at the moment, so a buffing it wouldn't hurt. This way we could have a solid Latron Prime and a nice Wraith sidegrade.

As for the Grinlok, wasn't it dead to begin with? It never was an exceptional weapon performance wise and I figure most people are using it just for the looks or the fun factor.