Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The state of recent content makes me wish we had a public test environment

Balrock168

Seriously.. the last stage of the operation is bugged to hell and back for me and lots of other people. I have a completion rate of barely over 50%...

I cannot pretend to think that this as well as PoE itself were tested in any meaningful amount given the frequency of those bugs.

You need our help? TELL US, don't just throw bugridden content and events at us and say: Oh don't worry, we'll hotfix.

Give us a access to a public test server, maybe some small ingame reward for playtime there and we can all properly enjoy content when it hits live instead of having to roll the dice on wether anything will work.

Edited by Balrock168

But we're still in beta (lol), all we have IS a public test server ;). Irony aside, I absolutly agree with you. There has not been a single update that wasn't broken to a degree that it was next to unenjoyable for at least since specters of the fail came live. Just give it a few days, maybe a week more time and collect feedback from a seletcted few playtesters.

Throwing my vote in here. A public test server would be fantastic.

Put up a bug bounty of some kind. Play on the public test server to be eligible* and be one of the first 1000 players to submit each* bug to get a reward (nothing game breaking, no mastery tied to it, and we'll all be good; cosmetics are ideal).

*Tie the system to actually having PLAYED (afk time not included) on the public test server, to help prevent "me too" abuse.

**This means that each bug counts for a chance to get rewarded. More chances, more enthusiasm.

EDIT: It was shown during the lead-up to Plains of Eidolon that having players testing is effective; some streamers were given access to the Dev Build and found some pretty hefty bugs that got fixed before PoE went live.

Edited by Raphaello
afterthoughts