Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus Lense Refunds/conversions

(XBOX)THE VIS0RED

So I paid plat for several focus lenses for zenurik and now that we got plains of eidolon and got our focus back.

What am I supposed to do with these lenses for a school I don't like anymore?

Can I get a refund in Plat for them or at least change them to a new school so I didnt lose what I paid for? I'll even give back all the focus I earned using them without converting it to a new school. I Dont mind starting from scatch but I'm out like 200 Plat for a school I original chose that now has a different system attached to it

On 11/19/2017 at 11:51 AM, (Xbox One)Kavriel said:

Why are the lenses specific to a school anyhow? As rare as they are they should be universal, or at least blank until you polarize it to a certain way.

At the very least let us change it with a forma.

Exactly we can polarize everything else. Even stuff we pay for except these and now I'm stuck in a school I hate after the change 

I agree completely, and even opened a support case for this very request. Unfortunately, the response from DE was about as big of a disappointment as the changes to the focus system in the first place. I've included their response below, to save anyone else the time and frustration of reaching out to them, only to have them spit in your face.

We would first like to summarize by informing you that we would not be able to grant such a request.

As you have stated Focus 2.0 is still subject to changes and everything you have worked for previously will be returned, not in the way that you have requested (Plat,Endo) but in the form of said Items you have made and inserted back in your inventory. Please be informed that you have already "Consumed, and made full use" of these items during when you have purchased them so refunding them is not possible.

I'm disgusted with DE's 'deal with it or quit playing the game' mentality. I feel that if the focus system stayed as a way to improve your Warframe instead of your cheesy goth tweenage operator, I probably wouldn't have had this reaction. I can't stand playing as an operator, and now that the focus system is solely targeted at improving your operator's abilities instead of your Warframe's abilities, the refunded points and lenses are completely worthless regardless of school.

Honestly, for me, it more or less boils down to DE's apparent decision to change Warframe into a completely different game instead of just developing a new game. I appreciate the idea of providing a more open play area, and was extremely excited to play in this sort of environment. However, the future of the game seems clear at this point. If the developers continue on the path they're currently headed, Warframes will have about as much of an impact on the game as your landing craft. 

20 hours ago, (PS4)QuantumSatori said:

I agree completely, and even opened a support case for this very request. Unfortunately, the response from DE was about as big of a disappointment as the changes to the focus system in the first place. I've included their response below, to save anyone else the time and frustration of reaching out to them, only to have them spit in your face.

I'm disgusted with DE's 'deal with it or quit playing the game' mentality. I feel that if the focus system stayed as a way to improve your Warframe instead of your cheesy goth tweenage operator, I probably wouldn't have had this reaction. I can't stand playing as an operator, and now that the focus system is solely targeted at improving your operator's abilities instead of your Warframe's abilities, the refunded points and lenses are completely worthless regardless of school.

Honestly, for me, it more or less boils down to DE's apparent decision to change Warframe into a completely different game instead of just developing a new game. I appreciate the idea of providing a more open play area, and was extremely excited to play in this sort of environment. However, the future of the game seems clear at this point. If the developers continue on the path they're currently headed, Warframes will have about as much of an impact on the game as your landing craft. 

Did you say you'll be fine with a focus swap so that your cns just trade lens for lens?

21 hours ago, (PS4)QuantumSatori said:

Please be informed that you have already "Consumed, and made full use" of these items during when you have purchased them so refunding them is not possible.

Thats a nice answer DE - leaving out some detail:

•  Made full use of: If i buy something with no expiration date, no wear & tear, I expect to be able to use it forever - So "made full use of" can never be true.

Of course they would say 

• "Well you can still use it to farm the same focus tree" - but thats a BS answer. Imagine you buy a coffee machine, and one day, magically, instead of producing coffee, it makes tea.  Its NOT making the same product - even if someone somewhere wants to call the new brew "coffee" - its not what it was and the same old machine is NOT producing the same result.

Why they didn't just make a universal pool from the beginning of focus 2.0 is beyond me.

On 11/22/2017 at 12:45 PM, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

Thats a nice answer DE - leaving out some detail:

•  Made full use of: If i buy something with no expiration date, no wear & tear, I expect to be able to use it forever - So "made full use of" can never be true.

Of course they would say 

• "Well you can still use it to farm the same focus tree" - but thats a BS answer. Imagine you buy a coffee machine, and one day, magically, instead of producing coffee, it makes tea.  Its NOT making the same product - even if someone somewhere wants to call the new brew "coffee" - its not what it was and the same old machine is NOT producing the same result.

Why they didn't just make a universal pool from the beginning of focus 2.0 is beyond me.

See that exactly how I feel. I expected to use it i that form forever. Nerds and buffs would've been fine too but everything getting reworked as whole I didn't. 

On 11/21/2017 at 9:03 AM, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

They are currently creating a universal focus pool. Given some time it won't matter.

Yes it will I paid for something that isn't what I paid for. I'm not even  asking for a 100% refund.  While I wait for that I'm out of my item and my money 

Edited by (XB1)THE VIS0RED

On 11/16/2017 at 4:10 AM, (Xbox One)THE VIS0RED said:

So I paid plat for several focus lenses for zenurik and now that we got plains of eidolon and got our focus back.

What am I supposed to do with these lenses for a school I don't like anymore?

Can I get a refund in Plat for them or at least change them to a new school so I didnt lose what I paid for? I'll even give back all the focus I earned using them without converting it to a new school. I Dont mind starting from scatch but I'm out like 200 Plat for a school I original chose that now has a different system attached to it

My advice to you is either sell them or convert them to eilodon lens when you get the bp.

After all, you will need those focus points. (you never know when)

18 hours ago, (Xbox One)THE VIS0RED said:

Is that after the gara quest? Will I unlock them then?

You should certainly do the Gara quest to open up your focus schools.  I'm not sure, however, what you are asking.

You can receive Eidolon lens BPs from T5 bounties.  Then, if you stay out on the plains and complete incusions you can get a BP to convert your Eidolon lens to another school.  So, you could convert lenses from one school to lenses from another school that you like better.