Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Growing Power worth reworking my Ember Prime?

(PSN)giggaman

Question

13 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Whitestrake0 said:

I'd say Ash would also be a good candidate for Growing Power

what does ash need power strength for? fatal teleport + cover lethality is insta kill no matter what. and his 1 and 2 aren't exactly used for damage. 

Edited by Cubewano

Just now, Cubewano said:

what does ash need power strength for? fatal teleport + cover lethality is insta kill no matter what. 

Bladestorm, Shuriken is a guaranteed slash proc so it's basically a free +25% strength while also increasing it's damage. Also that's more or so for single heavy targets.

2 minutes ago, Whitestrake0 said:

Bladestorm, Shuriken is a guaranteed slash proc so it's basically a free +25% strength while also increasing it's damage. Also that's more or so for single heavy targets.

i guess if you want to be impractical. and all of ash's kit is single target. bladestorm is just fatal teleport spam without the ability to cancel inbetween enemies and higher energy drain / maybe less damage. 

Frames with channeled abilities that scale with power strength. Oberon would greatly benefit from it because Renewal gets more armor and health regeneration.

Growing power is more of a side-grade for Wukong, Excalibur, Valkyr, and Titania because of corrosive projection, steel charge, and rifle/sniper damage aura.

For Ember, it is worth using if you don't use Firequake because power strength increases status chance for her 4th ability. With the flash accelerant syndicate mod, not only will enemies receive more fire damage but your teammates will deal more fire damage. If you use firequake then corrosive projection/shield disruption would probably be better.

I build Ember with Growing Power, bringing along a Taxon/sentinel with Artax (their weapons count for triggering Growing Power) and Guardian + Medi Ray. Then a Javlok for setting herself on fire for the +30% Power Strength. Flash Accelerant mod for more fire damage. Then Fireball and Fire Blast away. Really short bursts of World on Fire for annoying hard-to-find mobs (can not keep it running when I want to set myself on fire for the energy). Add Twin Basolks with Healing Return for extra survival. Serve hot.

As a frame, ember prime will not proc growing power. The status has to be applied by your weapon or, for example, your sentinel's weapon. 

On a side note, I run both growing power and energy conversion. The damage shown on the abilities page does not seem to correctly correspond to these mods. Anyone else having this issue?