Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Venka prime combo counter

Quimoth

Question

So I noticed that the venka prime combo counter going up by .75 doesn't help you with the riven mods that require you to sutain a combo counter of 3.0 or higher for 30 seconds. Does this mean the extra combo isn't used for the gladiator and blood rush effect, but instead only for the combo dmg multiplier?

I mean the information about this is hard to get for me. The amount of "fake" info I've seen on the forums makes me pose this question again. By fake I mean people saying crit chance and attack speed are linked, which they aren't, there is only a chance to see more crit procs because you attack more often.

3 answers to this question

Just to clarify, is your question 'Do mods such as Blood Rush need a full integer to apply their multiplier, or do fractions also get multiplied in the case of the Venka Prime?'

One of your statements, 

3 hours ago, Quimoth said:

that require you to sutain a combo counter of 3.0 or higher for 30 seconds.

gave me pause because that's not really a specific thing that I experience, unless it's to get up to some specific status chance with weeping willow?  With crit it's just an ongoing multiplier and honestly the 'red crits' are a silly and confusing distraction IMHO (it's the number that matters, not the size and color!).  The combo multiplier increases your damage and while I don't know if a full integer is required, with the Venka Prime...it's still a good thing because (for example), you'll be at 4x when everyone else is at 3x, and at 7x when everyone else is at 5x (and if you're Naramon, melee a lot, and use your stances well, you WILL see that 7x...two of the stances have guaranteed slash procs...just add Relentless combination) :)

latest?cb=20171007154130

3 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

@FreeWilliam There's a riven unlocking task that requires you to keep a 3.0x combo multiplier for 30 seconds.

OH! That was my first Riven!  Some vet gave it to me when I was a lowbie, it turned into the Lecta riven that I STILL use all the time, I'm amazed I forgot that.

@Quimoth, if you just get that second Naramon ability it's super easy, otherwise just hit an endless mission with a reach weapon like a whip.  You can stack all the duration extension multipliers, but really you just need ONE hit every few second to keep the counter going.

Also, in general.  Venka Prime's enhanced combo counter is pretty darn awesome!  The only problem I've had with them is I've gotten carried away and accidentally one-shotted synthesis targets before I realized that's what was in front of me.