Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star Trophy

Fluffysbeans

I finally got down to figuring out where I can get the trophy for the current operation, and now I'm really unhappy with how this seems to be handled. Now correct me if I' wrong, but it looks as though once my clan gathers the necessary materials for one gold-tier trophy, that's all we get. Just the one. Prior events (or at least ambulas and pacifism, we're kinda newish) gave the clan the permanent ability to build the tier of trophy they unlocked. The way this is being handled, we can build only one unless we gather the necessary Cystoliths again for a second trophy.

Why.

Why can't there just be a place like the pigment station so that we can drop resources in and not have to use event-only drops? Why use drops anyway, when the other events went off of score?

3 minutes ago, Fluffysbeans said:

Why use drops anyway, when the other events went off of score?

Because DE is realizing that this is a co-op game and not a competitive game and that when Dark sectors will be reworked it'll be the competitive thing that those handful of clans want.

You're not really getting the point then. The thing is, the score isn't for competition, it's just for tracking collective clan mission play. It wouldn't even have to be public, it could just be something visible on the orbiter like when there's a Fomorian or whatever.

Score and competition aside, why make the trophies one time use?

20 hours ago, Fluffysbeans said:

You're not really getting the point then. The thing is, the score isn't for competition, it's just for tracking collective clan mission play. It wouldn't even have to be public, it could just be something visible on the orbiter like when there's a Fomorian or whatever.

Score and competition aside, why make the trophies one time use?

You can make multiple statues but ye after the event is done if you dont have hemocyte's then you cant make more.

And if they do change the resources for it over time, all the clans that farmed for multiple throphies during this event will feel that they wasted their time.

20 hours ago, BlakusLogan said:

Because DE is realizing that this is a co-op game and not a competitive game and that when Dark sectors will be reworked it'll be the competitive thing that those handful of clans want.

Except dark sectors have been on rework for years now with no release date even being close, it's alot more than a handfull clans that enjoyed leaderboards and I'm pretty co-op doesn't take away the fact that we can have fun with leaderboards, alot of people probably enjoy it more cuz of it.

2 hours ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

Except dark sectors have been on rework for years now with no release date even being close, it's alot more than a handfull clans that enjoyed leaderboards and I'm pretty co-op doesn't take away the fact that we can have fun with leaderboards, alot of people probably enjoy it more cuz of it.

DERebbecca said that dark sectors is the main reason why this event isn't a score based one. Since Dojo rework and relay rebuild event is coming soon, I'd understand making it the way that it is, so that they can focus more on upcoming content instead of making content for like minority of players in that handful of competitive clans.

20 hours ago, BlakusLogan said:

DERebbecca said that dark sectors is the main reason why this event isn't a score based one. Since Dojo rework and relay rebuild event is coming soon, I'd understand making it the way that it is, so that they can focus more on upcoming content instead of making content for like minority of players in that handful of competitive clans.

May I ask here she said this? I was not aware

1 hour ago, BlakusLogan said:

She doesn't say dark sectors are the main reason for no leaderboards. She mentions dark sectors to answer the comment about the limited competitive stuff ingame, not has the main reason. You had my hopes up... She even mentions its  long overdue and probably not any time soon...

I believe DE saying the way the Event was structured to be the main reason for no leaderboards, although they could have just added some type of endless mission in the event.

8 hours ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

She doesn't say dark sectors are the main reason for no leaderboards. She mentions dark sectors to answer the comment about the limited competitive stuff ingame, not has the main reason. You had my hopes up... She even mentions its  long overdue and probably not any time soon...

I believe DE saying the way the Event was structured to be the main reason for no leaderboards, although they could have just added some type of endless mission in the event.

Actually its basically saying that operations shouldn't be competitive in a non competitive game and that dark sectors will be that "competitive thing" when it comes. I for one prefer it this way, because I'm not apart of the like 5 clans that want to be the very best at this game when it doesn't mean anything.

Whatever reasons they had in their minds this has nothing to do with cystothing being required to build each statue.Why wouldnt it work like before so you could build multiple statues.I only use them as decorations in dojo.Nothing else.

I also wonder why would anyone use biological material for building statue made out of stone and gold material. Its infested and it doesnt even move.

Yeah I'm a bit annoyed. Our dojo had multiple places we were displaying event trophies and the mission is too tedious to try and farm a gold amount for each trophy we want to build. Even without competitive event standing it should have just unlocked the trophy tiers at certain points.