Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Morpheus, the Dream Warframe

Zoh_Veldae

Note: This topic is of an ongoing concept and may suffer changes in the future.

Hello to all and thank you for taking some time to read this fanmade concept topic.

This is a concept thought of by me (with some criticism from friends) for a new Warframe that aims to operate in a hybrid style of supporter/disruptor. His name is "Morpheus" (inspired by the Greek God of Dreams) and will include themes of dreams and nightmares.

Name: Morpheus

Base Stats:
    Health: 90 (250 at rank 30)
    Shields: 100 (270 at rank 30)
    Armor: 90
    Energy:  100 (250 at rank 30)
    Sprint Speed: 1.15
    Polarities: x1 Naramon (-), x1 Madurai (V)
    Aura Polarity: Madurai (V)

(Note: These stats are based on other "lightweight" frames like Mag and Nova. I'm still unsure about the Aura polarity, but I feel like Morpheus will probably be relying on his weapons to deal more consistent damage, so a polarity with Auras that help that would probably fit better than yet another Naramon.)

Passive Ability: Unseen Threat
    Morpheus has +200% movement speed and bullet jump speed while undetected.

(Note: This passive ability will reward players for staying undetected by any means, be it invisibility or just plain being out of enemy sights. While Morpheus will have a respectably fast base movement speed, he will benefit more if he stays hidden. After being seen by an enemy, this ability will go on a 10 second internal cooldown before it is active again.)

1st Ability: Ivory Gas
    Energy Cost: 25 (Affected by Power Efficiency)
    Range: 3/5/7/9 meters (Width: always 2 meters) (Affected by Power Range)
    Duration: 12/15/20/25 seconds (Affected by Power Duration)

Morpheus spews a cloud of gas forward that puts enemies to sleep. Sleeping enemies can be Finished with melee weapons.

(Note: This will work similarly to Chroma's Spectral Scream ability. However, it won't be a continuous ability and it won't deal damage, instead putting enemies to sleep much like Equinox's Rest & Rage in Moon form.)

2nd Ability: Familiar Face
    Energy Cost: 50 (Affected by Power Efficiency)
    Range: 100 meters (cast range) (Affected by Power Range)
    Health Multiplier: 125/150/175/200% (Affected by Power Strenght)
    Damage Multiplier: 125/150/175/200% (Affected by Power Strenght)
    Duration: 5/10/15/20 seconds (Affected by Power Duration)

Create a dream double of the target enemy who will then proceed to attack the original. You can cast it on an ally to make a copy specter of that ally that will fight alongside you.

(Note: This ability will create a fighting decoy to both draw enemy fire and deal some damage back. It can also be used on an ally if no adequate enemy is present.)

Ability Augment: Identity Theft
If the original enemy target dies while the double is still manifested, the double becomes real and gains a further 50/75/100/150% (Affected by Power Strenght) health and power. Only one double can be made real at a time.

(Note: A little augment to make the ability a bit more consistent. Should you manage to make a double of a good target, kill it and it will be yours forever. The permanent double will only die out when its Health reaches 0 or when you fall out of bounds.)

3rd Ability: Sweet Dreams
    Energy Cost: 25 (Affected by Power Efficiency)
    Range: 15/20/22/25 meters (Affected by Power Range)
    Duration: 7/10/12/15 seconds (Affected by Power Duration)
    Health per second: 5/8/11/14 (Affected by Power Strenght)
    Shield Recharge rate increase: 30/60/90/120% (Affected by Power Strenght)

Release restorative energies akin to a good night's sleep to temporarily regenerate ally's health and accelerate their shield's recharge rate.

(Note: An ability that functions in similar fashion to Volt's Speed. Grants a small health regeneration while also uniquely enhancing Shield's recharge rate.)

Ultimate Ability: Horn of Nightmares
    Energy Cost: 100 (Affected by Power Efficiency)
    Range: 6/10/15/20 meters (Affected by Power Range)
    Duration: 7/12/12/20 seconds (Affected by Power Duration)
    Power: 200/250/300/350 damage per second (Magnetic Damage, Affected by Power Strenght)

Afflicts all enemies in range with horrific nightmarish visions, making them panic and run around aimlessly while slowly being damaged over time. The damage over time is tripled if the affected enemies are asleep.

(Note: This ultimate ability will function similarly to Nekro's Terrify, with an added damage-over-time effect to make it really earn its position of "ultimate". Synergizes with Ivory Gas to cause even more damage.)

(Design Notes: There seems to be some confusion with some of the wording chosen for the abilities. The names were chosen based on the mythology around the inspiration for the warframe: Morpheus, the Greek God of Dreams. According to mythology and paintings, Morpheus carried 2 boxes when visiting sleeping mortals. A white one made of ivory, full of dreams, and a black one made of horn {most likely the same material as bovine horns}, full of nightmares. He would then decide on the spot which one to open and grant its contents to the slumbering mortal. This is why the first ability is named "Ivory Gas", an ability that puts enemies to a peaceful sleep and his Ultimate is named "Horn of Nightmares", an ability to inflict horrific nightmares.)

And for now, that is all I can elaborate. Unfortunately, I'm more proficient with words than I am with images, so I have no sample images to show how this Warframe would look like. My initial thoughts only define a ram-like helmet with coiled horns on the sides (to reference the practice of counting sheep to fall asleep) and a robe-like armor in monochromatic tones of black and white, to reference a bit of his depictions in classic paintings.

Hopefully everyone will like this concept. Any constructive criticism will be appreciated. Please remember that this is a work in progress and may (will) suffer many changes before (if) it is implemented in the live game.

Once again thank you for your time. Have a good one!

Note: This topic already existed, but was archived due to inactivity before I was able to update it. This is a re-post of that topic of the same name.

Edited by Zoh_Veldae
Formatting

On 25/11/2017 at 12:10 PM, Aleksi134 said:

I dont mind concepts but i dont see the point either, has DE ever considered these in general. At least i never have in my years seen them mention much.

As a matter of fact, they did. Nova was a fanmade concept. Zephyr was aswell, her original design was actually a male frame. I think you can still find the original thread for it here,

47 minutes ago, Zoh_Veldae said:

As a matter of fact, they did. Nova was a fanmade concept. Zephyr was aswell, her original design was actually a male frame. I think you can still find the original thread for it here,

Nova is good but at the same time she only uses her third ability sometimes and mostly spams 4, nothing special there, zephyr is even worse if not the worst frame in the game atm. So id say not good examples for other than saying yea some got in the game but these are old frames aswell not new at all.

On 11/25/2017 at 6:10 AM, Aleksi134 said:

I dont mind concepts but i dont see the point either, has DE ever considered these in general. At least i never have in my years seen them mention much.

dude, a ton of my concepts are in Warframe, and iam happy with that xD

DE does listen to the Fan Concepts, and considers them lightly, it just takes awhile

Hydroid, and Zephyr, both were fan concepts, as well as a ton of other things

Chin up, DE is watching xP

i just want to see the new Clan changes, hopefully it wont be to long

7 hours ago, Aleksi134 said:

Nova is good but at the same time she only uses her third ability sometimes and mostly spams 4, nothing special there, zephyr is even worse if not the worst frame in the game atm. So id say not good examples for other than saying yea some got in the game but these are old frames aswell not new at all.

And no.... All 4 of Novas powers are good

her first power, it reduces damage and attacks nearby enemies

The portal, it is fantastic, Anti matter bomb, it can deal a huge Area of Effect explosion, 

And her ultimate, it can super slow or speed up enemies, its all about modding and playstyle really

Every warframe is great, but everyone plays differently, its not just spam 4 to win, its more like, play how you choose to

And Zephyr is by far the most underated Warframe, she is not bad, she is misunderstood

Alot of veterans with around 3000 hours, they have 30-35% of their play time as Zephyr, lol

I especially like Zephyr due to how little i see anyone else using her, simply because, theres just so much content in Warframe

Zephyr is Number 1, for me anyways

Edited by (PS4)Tomplexthis

4 hours ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

And no.... All 4 of Novas powers are good

her first power, it reduces damage and attacks nearby enemies

The portal, it is fantastic, Anti matter bomb, it can deal a huge Area of Effect explosion, 

And her ultimate, it can super slow or speed up enemies, its all about modding and playstyle really

Every warframe is great, but everyone plays differently, its not just spam 4 to win, its more like, play how you choose to

And Zephyr is by far the most underated Warframe, she is not bad, she is misunderstood

Alot of veterans with around 3000 hours, they have 30-35% of their play time as Zephyr, lol

I especially like Zephyr due to how little i see anyone else using her, simply because, theres just so much content in Warframe

Zephyr is Number 1, for me anyways

If there was actual purpose, people would mod for her first and second ability but they wont because they know they are useless... The portal is situational mainly useful if you are doing speedruns but arguably she becomes even more useless if you want both her 3 and 4 abilities. Anti matter bomb is ok but its not great its slow and unprecise, and the first ability is simply a joke when it comes to dmg or protection. 

If zephyr was good everyone would know, but you just have fun in your head i guess.

On 11/27/2017 at 9:55 PM, Aleksi134 said:

If there was actual purpose, people would mod for her first and second ability but they wont because they know they are useless... The portal is situational mainly useful if you are doing speedruns but arguably she becomes even more useless if you want both her 3 and 4 abilities. Anti matter bomb is ok but its not great its slow and unprecise, and the first ability is simply a joke when it comes to dmg or protection. 

If zephyr was good everyone would know, but you just have fun in your head i guess.

:(