Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Trinity Becoming Useless

Kadishia

Before I start this argue standpoint I would like to make things clear here.

I am a Trinity User. She is my main Warframe. I been through a lot with her. I have tons of experiences with her ability and strength.

Trinity is a support warframe. She can use well of life on enemies for your allies to shoot and gain health. She also can use blessing to fully heal your teammates. She has energy vampire to gain energy for you and your allies. One defensive ability she has is Link where the damage is transfer back to the enemy.

I have worked with Trinity since I joined in december but came on the forums in January. I always love a support healer to help my teammates in dire situation. She proven to save lives and get out of tough situation. She is also one of the best tank out there. She can horde tons of enemies using "Link" or Invincibility by "Blessing". If you know how to use Trinity wisely then you can lead your group to victory in almost any matches.

Lets get down to business.

We are getting all these new powerful AOE warframes. (Poke...poke...Nova). Since DE have been boost their AOE and ability to reach God Tier, Trinity is becoming useless in supporting. Let take Nova for example, her Molecular Prime has massive AOE powerhouse to destroy almost every enemy within range. This is one problem for Trinity because she cannot use her ability fast enough because the enemies are dying too fast for anyone to get the kill OR the person who kills it too fast for others to share. Trinity cannot help anyone in need for energy, health or blessing when she doesn't have energy for herself. Over the days I have seen less and less Trinity playing for support. People are wanting kills. Who doesn't want kills if you are a super ninja in a suit that can hack & Slash and spam abilities. Trinity is suffering because all these AOE abilities from specific warframes that would instantly kill enemies before she has the chance to help. 

People asked me, "You have nightmare modes and High levels in the void, pluto, ceres and Eris. I have tried out nightmare modes and asked couple people who are trinity users as well. Nightmare mode are hard at some cases. Trinity is need for teammates that are getting their a** kicked and need healing or energy if the "energy drain" is on. The nightmare mode is where Trinity might end up being stuck at if the player really wants to support their teammates. High level missions is also where Trinity might end up being stuck because either players are too weak to finish the mission or need a major support for health and energy. These area are where players are hesitant to go to because they are afraid to fail their teammates or teammate rage quit when they go down.

Bosses is another part where Trinity can be good at but not necessary anymore. If you got a group of capable people to take down a boss, then it will be walk in the park. This is one of the places where Trinity is useful for long period of time when your allies ran out of ammos or low on HP. This is where Trinity shines in her support for boss fights. Ultimately with these warframe getting boosted in strength, Trinity is getting pushed off the list.

Soloing is one statement I heard a lot from veteran players towards Trinity. She is a awesome tank and can solo tons of missions. This is true but you need to use her wisely so you won't find yourself out of energy. The moment you ran out of energy and find yourself in a big group of grineers, corpus or infestation. You are going down fast.

If Trinity is getting a boost anytime soon. Here are couple suggestion where Trinity can still be a Tank yet a powerful supporter.To start out with Well of life is to activitie on a target and have other enemies around the target to get affected by it. Energy vampire the same process to other enemies as well to increase the number of enemies so players have the chance to get their health and energy. Link is fine as it is and Blessing is fine as it is.

To wrap this up, Trinity is getting pushed off the gameplay due to the Warframe's ability boost in AOE area that will usually instant kill everything. Trinity players will hold their Vampire ability because they know that if they target an enemy, they will have to quickly kill it to regain energy to support their teammates. Trinity areas that favored her support are usually high levels missions, nightmare mode or newbies going too far ahead. This is where a lot of players don't have enough experience with her to support the high levels. Players around do not think too much because they just love the enjoyment of killing until they noticed that they are on the ground, dying and complaining that a Trinity should've healed them before they went down.

TL:DR Warframe with powerful AOE ability are making Trinity's job harder because she cannot energy vampire an enemy fast enough to get the energy to heal the team. The best places for her is the high level or nightmare mode where players are hesitant. Trinity ability needs to be tweak to be able to work with the AOE ability or around it.

Please use constructive criticism. 

She's still the best solo nightmare frame I have yet to play, and as long as she has the only heal in the game, she will always have a niche.

Yes, she is still one the best solo nightmare frame. When it comes down to supporting, it will be harder.

Edited by M4sterofp4in

There are other frames you can play too. I don't know why you have to exclusively play Trinity. Sorry but unless we have harder planets in the future, Trinity defensive role is unnecessary at the moment. In the current meta, Offense is the best defense.

I ran a nightmare infested defense with a trinity once.

I'm pretty sure that trinity was the reason we didn't fail. Energy Vampire dropped onto disrupting ancients, highlighting priority targets and recharging all our ultimates. Blessing was there whenever a toxic charged in. Link was running nearly constantly.

I don't like Trin myself, but I don't think she's useless. I think she gets better the more powerful the enemies are. The more damage they dish out, the more damage Link sends along. The more hit points they have, the longer energy vampire runs.

Yes, she is still one the best solo nightmare frame. When it comes down to supporting, it will be harder.

But your basis is flawed. If other frames can 1 shot AoE a room full of enemies, then it doesn't matter who the other 3 players are.

However, once difficulty ramps up high enough, Trinity becomes more and more a viable choice. Landing Evamp on a heavy unit usually grants two players (or more) extra energy they normally would not have.

Since she doesn't need all the power ability mods, I've also ran her with Energy Siphon for even more supporty flavor.

I think she could use a buff in casting speed for her Well of Life and Energy Vampire abilities. By the time she's done doing the animation, the target has died already, making it useful only on heavies and bosses unless solo. It is a shame that she's pretty much unneeded at lower levels, but at least she becomes more useful as the difficulty increases.

There are other frames you can play too. I don't know why you have to exclusively play Trinity. Sorry but unless we have harder planets in the future, Trinity defensive role is unnecessary at the moment. In the current meta, Offense is the best defense.

I have play other warframe and they are fun to deal with. I saying that if you do play Trinity, it will be tough for her to enjoy because of AOE ability being boosted on other warframes.

It is true that Offense is the best defense and Trinity can't do much in Defense other than feed the offensive warframe energy.

Much harder does the planets need to get until Trinity is useful or Make the offensive frames more powerful to handle the harder planets?

I just built Trinity 2 days ago, and levelled her up to 30, and the only problem i found with her is the cast times, so yeah, I agree. Other than that, she can be an amazing healer, and an amazing tank (Link + energy vampire <3)

But your basis is flawed. If other frames can 1 shot AoE a room full of enemies, then it doesn't matter who the other 3 players are.

However, once difficulty ramps up high enough, Trinity becomes more and more a viable choice. Landing Evamp on a heavy unit usually grants two players (or more) extra energy they normally would not have.

Since she doesn't need all the power ability mods, I've also ran her with Energy Siphon for even more supporty flavor.

If one frame can 1 shot AoE a room. Should they just solo the mission instead? People join group because the numbers increase if more players join.

I have consider the energy siphon for Trinity. It does help out a lot.

tl;dr

Trinity is not useless by half. I can't tell how many people chime in with a "YES! TRINITY!" when I join a squad, especially defense and assassination missions.

If anything, she only needs rebalancing. Well of Life has no purpose beyond the secondary mission challenge of "Use your first power 5 times". Link/Blessing are a bit too OP, but Energy Vampire is mostly OK as late game enemies die too fast for it to be abused much.

What is your solution to all the AoE frames robbing trinity's power?

Make trinity an AoE frame but with support.

Do you see where this can go wrong? Soon everything will turn into a bigger "Press 4 " fest then ever. I mean look, everyone had Saryn, as soon as Nova came out, no more saryn. This game is turning into a "What kills everything the quickest' and instead of supporting all around frames such as Trinity and Loki being used, it turns into the one trick ponies with wave wiping ults/ skills. *Yea nyx, I'm looking at you*

Making trinity just another frame that involves AoE does not help the problem. Everything will die just as quick, everything will be dead if they are already M Primed. This does nothing but make it easier for people to aim at, which isn't necessarily bad, but cannot end well.

So what's you're saying is that you're willing to let an entire 'frame die because META AMIRITE.

Not cool dude.

I think she gets better the more powerful the enemies are. The more damage they dish out, the more damage Link sends along.

The only other frame whose abilities get better as the enemies get stronger is Nyx. This fact alone makes both of them universally useful regardless of content difficulty.

On the subject of Nova's ult.... she starts to lose her oomph when enemies get past level 140. At that point you wind up needing to manually detonate 2-3 enemies in close proximity to one another in order to start the chain reaction. Even then, heavies will remain standing, mocking you, which are the real threats. And you've dumped 100 EN. Trinity is still useful because now you can tap a heavy and get that back. You're FEEDING Nova's obsession with annihilating everything. This is called support.

I think she could use a buff in casting speed for her Well of Life and Energy Vampire abilities. By the time she's done doing the animation, the target has died already, making it useful only on heavies and bosses unless solo. It is a shame that she's pretty much unneeded at lower levels, but at least she becomes more useful as the difficulty increases.

I agree that her Well of LIfe and Energy Vampire need casting speed boost.

What is your solution to all the AoE frames robbing trinity's power?

Make trinity an AoE frame but with support.

Do you see where this can go wrong? Soon everything will turn into a bigger "Press 4 " fest then ever. I mean look, everyone had Saryn, as soon as Nova came out, no more saryn. This game is turning into a "What kills everything the quickest' and instead of supporting all around frames such as Trinity and Loki being used, it turns into the one trick ponies with wave wiping ults/ skills. *Yea nyx, I'm looking at you*

Making trinity just another frame that involves AoE does not help the problem. Everything will die just as quick, everything will be dead if they are already M Primed. This does nothing but make it easier for people to aim at, which isn't necessarily bad, but cannot end well.

Trinity need a way to help in those AoE frames. If we use could Well of LIfe and if AoE is used, it heals all the warframes but a small amount.

I aiming towards the single ability. Everything is moving towards the AoE panic button. I'm not a supporter towards that movement.

Edited by M4sterofp4in

Do with Well of Life & Energy Vampire what they did with Mag's pull; make it frontal cone AoE

I have to disagree here. this would make it entirely too easy to make endless energy available, and would totally negate nightmare mode's challenge factor with energy leak. "I'm low on energy! Lemme cast vampire and spray Supra rounds down this hallway"

The only other frame whose abilities get better as the enemies get stronger is Nyx. This fact alone makes both of them universally useful regardless of content difficulty.

On the subject of Nova's ult.... she starts to lose her oomph when enemies get past level 140. At that point you wind up needing to manually detonate 2-3 enemies in close proximity to one another in order to start the chain reaction. Even then, heavies will remain standing, mocking you, which are the real threats. And you've dumped 100 EN. Trinity is still useful because now you can tap a heavy and get that back. You're FEEDING Nova's obsession with annihilating everything. This is called support.

Yes, another point to help out teammate in giving energy so they can kill things while surviving.

I agree with that point but not many people think that way.

I have to disagree here. this would make it entirely too easy to make endless energy available, and would totally negate nightmare mode's challenge factor with energy leak. "I'm low on energy! Lemme cast vampire and spray Supra rounds down this hallway"

And yet it is completely useless as a single target skill (team-wise). Something has to be done at least

Edited by Bitfly