Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Trinity Becoming Useless

Kadishia

Pretty sure Trinity can solo anything that isn't defense and can also make her team invincible for 18.3 seconds, just sayin'.

I've had plenty of teammates with "Thank god you're Trinity" responses when I save them in tricky situations.

However, since she has one of the few non-offensive ults in the game, I really think her ult should be near instant. You evaporate when you get killed in Warframe, you can't predict it 2 seconds in advance.

her Ultimate should also revive fallen allies in need of revive that are within her ults range...

On a side note... how? I have never been made immortal by a trinity... not to mention I used an ash and left that slow tank behind many rooms behind... I never got a single lick of help, or healing from that thing infact the entire team just waited at the exit for that slow slow tank... Her healing is non-existent with how fast the other warframes move, destroying everything in their path, and setting themselves up to NEVER NEED HER!!! Not once have I ever been put with a trinity and actually was HELPED by this trinity... they just become a third leg that drags along with the group. I even tried playing as her, I have all her heads, I worked with her as much as possible... Shes hopeless compared to the other warframes she needs a massive rework either her energy cost, change out one of her abilities like the did with Rhino, improve an ability like they have been doing with Ash... Something! There isn't a single warframe in the game as avoided as she is...

her Ultimate should also revive fallen allies in need of revive that are within her ults range...

On a side note... how? I have never been made immortal by a trinity... not to mention I used an ash and left that slow tank behind many rooms behind... I never got a single lick of help, or healing from that thing infact the entire team just waited at the exit for that slow slow tank... Her healing is non-existent with how fast the other warframes move, destroying everything in their path, and setting themselves up to NEVER NEED HER!!! Not once have I ever been put with a trinity and actually was HELPED by this trinity... they just become a third leg that drags along with the group. I even tried playing as her, I have all her heads, I worked with her as much as possible... Shes hopeless compared to the other warframes she needs a massive rework either her energy cost, change out one of her abilities like the did with Rhino, improve an ability like they have been doing with Ash... Something! There isn't a single warframe in the game as avoided as she is...

Streamline, Vitality, Flow, Constitution, Energy Vampire, link, Fast Deflection, Continuity, Fortitude, BLessing. (I do not have Well of LIfe since it hardly needed)

I have ways to move fast as others so I don't use rush mod. With this build her invincibility last for a long time with the "Aura Helm". I have Shield recharge on her so that if she does take damage, I take cover and rapidly hit 300 shield in mere seconds. I'm still debating on the shield and health mod. (Getting side-track here)

Overall, making her ultimate having reviving fallen allies would consider OP yet makes a lot of players happy. I don't like it because people will lose the urge to revive a fallen if a Trinity on the team because they have a mind-set that she will just use her "Blessing" to revive them. I against this because there will be times when she has no energy for this.

Edited by M4sterofp4in

Streamline, Vitality, Flow, Constitution, Energy Vampire, link, Fast Deflection, Continuity, Fortitude, BLessing. (I do not have Well of LIfe since it hardly needed)

I have ways to move fast as others so I don't use rush mod. With this build her invincibility last for a long time with the "Aura Helm". I have Shield recharge on her so that if she does take damage, I take cover and rapidly hit 300 shield in mere seconds. I'm still debating on the shield and health mod. (Getting side-track here)

Overall, making her ultimate having reviving fallen allies would consider OP yet makes a lot of players happy. I don't like it because people will lose the urge to revive a fallen if a Trinity on the team because they have a mind-set that she will just use her "Blessing" to revive them. I against this because there will be times when she has no energy for this.

umm I would still try to revive them... then if trinity wants she can speed up the process... it should be be helpful to have her behind us all on Xini when we all get murdered by Ancients...

I agree Trinity has some problems that need some ironing out. A few things I noticed when playing her:

- The UI is not set-up well for a healer frame as it's difficult to tell when people need healing and often those that do die, die in a situation where Trinity couldn't respond fast enough to save them. IE get knocked down by a grineer in the middle of a group of them, or knocked down by an ancient disruptor then killed before they get up.

- Enemies die too fast for skills like energy vampire to be useful except in boss situations where they somewhat shine although many frame abilities don't do much to a boss in the first place making the energy gained somewhat moot.

- Blessings invulnerability doesn't have a visual cue for duration or one that's obvious enough to be seen.

- Link makes her the best "tank" in the game, but enemies don't seem to do enough damage to hurt themselves especially in later waves of Xini (Where she is still strong due to energy vampire now having hard enough targets for the team.)

A few ideas I had for changes would be:

- Well of life being literally its' name. You cast it and a small well pops up in the spot that heals party-members over time that stand near it. That way it separates itself from being an instant heal like blessing, but allows you to respond to an ally getting knocked down by you being able to throw a well on top of them to help.

- Energy vampire being a team buff that doesn't affect Trinity, but rather your team for anything they hit. That way it overcomes the problem of weak enemies dieing too fast, but presents a problem for Trinity as she is rather energy dependent to function. So possibly having the buff only last half as long for Trinity as it does for her team allowing her to get some energy back. Adding a cap on the energy gained from the ability would help to control how strong the ability is.

It's difficult to balance her though as she's a support frame in a game where you rarely need support.

I like the light well idea for Well of Life, I always thought she should be able to heal someone outside of battle.  Energy Vampire, not to sure on that idea.  Seems more like a boosted energy syphon.  I think the current version is good enough.  Not everything in this game needs to be balance around broken level defense missions

Also, supports are mandatory according to some players.  Vauban, Frost and Nyx are all support frames and they are all "required" for broken level defense missions.

umm I would still try to revive them... then if trinity wants she can speed up the process... it should be be helpful to have her behind us all on Xini when we all get murdered by Ancients...

Why not make it so the Blessing stops the death counter from ticking down, giving them more time to be revived?

Trinity, useless?

Maybe at one thing, CC, but that's what your teammates are for.

With Energy vampire+Focus, you can get infinite energy for your team, give them immortality, link yourself to an enemy so you are basically immortal.

Possibilities are there. 

Look at it this way. Trinity is good, but the more difficult content we get over time, the better trinity gets passively.

Trinity, useless?

With Energy vampire+Focus, you can get infinite energy for your team, give them immortality, link yourself to an enemy so you are basically immortal.

Possibilities are there. 

Look at it this way. Trinity is good, but the more difficult content we get over time, the better trinity gets passively.

I'll personally be very upset if they change too much about Trinity in the future because I love just walking up to bosses and hitting them with a hammer while I'm perma-invincible. It still does take skill though, in that 1 second it takes to cast Link again, you can and will be evaporated.

Trinity, useless?

Possibilities are there. 

Isn't that OP just like Iron Skin issue beforehand.

Trinity is OP is modded correctly. She can just walk in a fight without being hurt due to her long invincibility status. She does need to get double check on that since new mods are coming out that boost her Duration much longer now.

Edited by M4sterofp4in

If Nova out of mp you know who to call....right? Trinity! you think Nova can go boom without her mp? A team with trinity is a team that have endless boom...if the trinity didn't spam her ability =_=....I read the OP post and I have identify the real problem, it is not that trinity suck, it is the teamwork and team synergy that are suck...DE can't fix that...sorry if this sound rude...

If Nova out of mp you know who to call....right? Trinity! you think Nova can go boom without her mp? A team with trinity is a team that have endless boom...if the trinity didn't spam her ability =_=....I read the OP post and I have identify the real problem, it is not that trinity suck, it is the teamwork and team synergy that are suck...DE can't fix that...sorry if this sound rude...

It not rude. That the main point of the argument. Thanks for reading. Not many people do read long essay.

People want kills

Trinity cannot kill, just feed their killing habits. (Not saying Trinity needs to kill)

Trinity can be very OP in couple cases and in other cases she just useless. That why I had title added "Is" because she is not good in one area but she is good in another area. Upon debating on all of this. Trinity is a very powerful warframe and that she is. The way teamwork is going for who can have the most kills. Trinity doesn't give players kills but support. Not many people want to support as the game right now doesn't require much support.

Trinity scales insanely once enemies are tougher.

She is like Nyx.

Well of Life and Energy Vampire will provide immense bang for energy cost once mobs are tougher.

And link makes it even more attractive since greater enemy damage means more hurt for the other fellow.

I can't deny that I like the idea of a support frame and I can't deny that the original idea of her abilities are great - I mean if you had a "heal target" ability you couldn't heal yourself without implementing an extra mechanic that handles "what if target is not an ally" situations.

But things change and my opinion changes too.

1. Well of life.

Basically useless. It's cost is meager but so is the maximum health amount given. I mean sure, you can get 400 health if you shoot that target (and it doesn't die...) but not just that it takes time (in which you can get killed) but you have to keep shooting... if you get knocked down or reload... your are dead in a tight situation. While the ultimate "heal all" ability heals everyone in 2 seconds to MAX. I wouldn't want well of life even if it was free...

By the way, if you are close enough to someone so they can use your "Well of Life" marked enemy to heal themselves, you can go over and revive them just as easily, and they are back on their feet with max health. So using this becomes even more questionable - I certainly wouldn't bring a trinity for this skill only.

I would make this ability actually damage one enemy and heal that damage to every tenno and sentinel around that marked enemy in a given range of 3,6,9,12. Right now it's nearly as useless as frost's freeze...

2. Energy vampire.

With the energy globes being as frequent as they usually are this ability isn't as viable as it was previously but still very useful. I find the 50 energy cost too high though - would make this a 25e cost first ability instead of well of life.

For a boss fight this is good, for fighting a crowd, it's good enough (I mean you don't need that much energy, one cast of Energy vampire usually gives enough energy for someone's ulti that clears the area).

Anyways I can live with it's current state.

3. Link

Honestly I find this one OP. Sure it costs a damn lot of energy to maintain for a long time but still, an ability that actually makes you invulnerable and even damage an enemy... well, it's a boss killer. I mean you can get all the energy you want with vampire, while being invulnerable and dealing damage to the boss. At least it takes some skill to not mess up but... I for one hate all forms of invulnerability as that is not realistic in any ways. One thing that humanity learned during the wars, you cannot build impenetrable armor as building something is always harder than destroying it.

To stay within the "theme" of the name I would make this ability either one of the following:

- Share damage on enemies - Link marks an enemy, making all damage that marked enemy suffers also apply to any enemy withing a given range of 4,8,12,16. Maybe only 25% of that damage, rising with level till 100% but since it's a 75 energy ability I think starting on 100% or on a way bigger range would be fine.

- Share damage with those around you - Link marks all tenno, when they suffer ANY damage be it life or shield, 25% of it is lost (making this a good general buff if you have the energy) while another 25% is given to ALL enemies nearby(not distributing, all of the enemies get that 25%) - so actually Link halves damage dealt to the team.

4. Blessing

Well...the need for healing is not that huge in a team game where anyone can revive you, but still very effective if you are overwhelmed. Actually I find this a well balanced utility skill... though the invulnerability part ticks me off as I said before...
Both the less need for healing (because of revival on max health) and the invulnerability part could be solved if it gave an actual "blessing", like an "over-time heal", for 5, 10,15,25 hp per sec for 60 seconds base duration. That would be very effective, not as op as giving max health right away yet less "unbelievable" than invulnerability... etc.

In case Link would change to the second mentioned way (half damage to players, 25% to any enemy around) I would change Link into the ultimate with more duration and range (or even making the players only suffer 25% dmg - maybe the ratio would be dependant on ability level, like player50%/enemy25%;p42%/e33%,p34%/e41%,p25%/e50%) and Blessing into the 75 energy third ability.

But these are my biased opinions of course.

____________  _ _  ____________

WotV_logo_gold_small.png