Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR 1 on POE

(XBOX)Oussii

14 hours ago, TzXtetriC said:

I would restrict Poe to who hasn't done tsd and tww. Follow the story and then jump to Poe with your operator.  It's supposed to be end game content so at least do those 2 quest to get ready and raise your Mr to use more powerful weapons.

Supposed by who? DE stated PoE is aimed to both novice and veteran player groups. That's why there's low level content like Bounty Tier 1 or Gara's quest. New players can't even get to Mars without visiting PoE at least once.

14 hours ago, TzXtetriC said:

I would restrict Poe to who hasn't done tsd and tww. Follow the story and then jump to Poe with your operator.  It's supposed to be end game content so at least do those 2 quest to get ready and raise your Mr to use more powerful weapons.

I agree with this. New players should be focusing on the main game anyway instead of PoE since that's where they make the vast majority of their progress.

Personally, I think new players should avoid Plains as much as possible. I understand that you have to go through at least once in order to get access to Mars, but I think new players would just be better off not spending any significant time in the Plains till much later. It appears that Plains was simply not designed for newbies to spend any significant time in: it's a place for veteran players to regularly come back to for 'something different' to do.

• Plains was clearly designed with Archwing use in mind, but you dont have an Archwing when you first get access to the Plains. It takes a good bit of time farming resources like oxium, iradite and fish oil before you can craft the launcher segment and launcher charges. You can at least farm Oxium on Venus so you're not required to get more of the star map open if you're dead-set on doing plains at low-level, but it'll still take time due to the inconsistent nature of farming oxium.
  • Nighttime eidolon hunts are designed specifically for Operator use, something the player does not have access to until completing The War Within, which will require the player to open up more than 3/4 of the star chart.
  • There is so much else to do in the game that doing plains content early on seems almost like a waste of time. Why run bounties repeatedly when you could be opening the star chart and working toward starting Natah and the 'real story quests' of Warframe? The assassination targets on each world drop warframe parts, so you can grind on them to expand your arsenal of frames. Plains has no real 'end' other than achieving max standing with the Ostrons (which would probably take a while, even farming it exclusively), and of course you cant even start earning Quill rep till finishing The War Within. So, a new player is much better off spending time opening the star chart than grinding bounties in the Plains.

Now, to be fair there are some pros to having a large open-world area early in the game. All players have a place where they can try out new frames and weapons, learn how they operate and get some practice in without being bound by mission restrictions or timers. Also, fishing can be somewhat fun once you figure it out and, as I understand it, is currently the most productive way to earn Ostron rep. I spent maybe half an hour standing in one spot and pulled in some 40 or 50 fish. Earned a nice chunk of rep from that.

I avoided PoE when it launched because I could tell a decent chunk of the content was designed for Operator use and I hadn't finished War Within. Once I did finish it I jumped into PoE. I thought, and still think, that it'd be a good idea for new players to avoid the Plains, focus on opening the star chart and play the story quests until they've finished The War Within. Then it makes sense to step into the plains once in a while to run some bounties, earn some rep, etc.

Edited by Sentinel-14

To many, gaming is not about going the most efficient way in doing things, that's already how work in the real life goes, it's about having fun and alot of people enjoy the semi open world more than the claustrophobig "normal" levels.

As mentioned above, it seems alot of the current new players only got attracted to Warframe after seeing previews of the plains, mostly through streamers.

Plains clearly designed with AW in mind? you can traverse from one side of the plains to the other in less than 5 minutes by foot, AW is only needed to rush things (i only use it to quickly catch up to PUGroups that already started the bounty while i was loading and seem in need of fast assistance.

Bountys and Incoursons, in addition to normal enemy drops give new players access to quite a good selection of usefull mods for the early game without having to rely on endless mission farming (wich can feel kinda dull to alot of people)

While the night can be dangerous and lacks incoursons, you can still do bountys , fish , mine or gather whisps as long as you stay careful (actually i preffer to fish at night as the grineer are less likely to spam my place with artillery and droppod strikes...)

while advancing the starchart quickly may offer way more progress (quest unlocks/mastery through starchartnodes) there is no real rush to advance, and taking your time may help you fight the frustration that some bosses (doing bosses without farming gear or finding someone who tags along can be quite the hassle for new players) or annoying junction requirements (lack of ingame explanaitions like how to get cephalon fragments on mars ) may cause.

Just have the Lotus pop up and give a line about how you're not prepared and Ordis is on his way to get you and then *bam* you're back in Cetus for the nighf.

No. Many things can be done at night catching "rare" fish, mining or Wisp farming. Especially that paradoxically night is safer than day (no grineer patrols). Teralyst will not attack you unprovoked and vomvalist can be avoid.