Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo rework 2.5

ckrisL

Hi, I propose a new vision of Limbo 2.5. What annoys me with the current rework is that it is too dependent on its bubble and melee.

1. Exil modification

Enemy: Limbo sends the target between two worlds the current world and the dimensional world

Decrease in the accuracy of the enemy
The enemy is able to touch the exiled allies but with difficulty

Ally: The basic power does not change the Tenno is still totally exiled
The precision penalty is not affected by the exile Tenno

New allies out of the rift that are not affected by Limbo's power, are able to kill the exile enemy with a precision penalty (rule of both worlds)

2. Between two worlds

Resumes the same mechanics of Exil, Limbo is projected halfway between two worlds, the current world and the dimensional world

Limbo becomes difficult to touch (damage reduction of 75% fixed)
Damage bonus for Limbo if the enemy is in the Cataclysm or Exil
Damage bonus for allies if they are in the Cataclysm or Exil
Increased Limbo Dodge if it is in Cataclysm or Dimensional Fail (85% fixed damage reduction)

3. Dimensional Surf

Small change the overloaded enemies out of Exil or Cataclysm, takes again the same description of Exil it remains stuck between two worlds,
so the allies out of the rift that are not affected by Limbo's power are able to kill the exil enemy with the precision penalty (always the rules of both worlds)

4. Cataclysm does not change

Google translate.

I think what DE should do is revert banish to its old version.. it’ll let us banish enemy into the rift while we are in the rift, knock them down in the process, while right now enemy can only be banished into the rift while we’re in the material form.. that way, we’re not really dependant on our cataclysm and get back to old playstyle of limbo, go to the rift, banish and kill.. we dont really need to use static because enemy is being knocked and we can shoot them while they’re trying to get up..

34 minutes ago, Edzhang said:

I think what DE should do is revert banish to its old version.. it’ll let us banish enemy into the rift while we are in the rift, knock them down in the process, while right now enemy can only be banished into the rift while we’re in the material form.. that way, we’re not really dependant on our cataclysm and get back to old playstyle of limbo, go to the rift, banish and kill.. we dont really need to use static because enemy is being knocked and we can shoot them while they’re trying to get up..

Yes I agree with reverting banish to it's old state, not being able to banish an enemy while your in the rift is annoying as hell and needs to change.

A reason I never use banish since the rework, so tedious to banish, slide in rift, kill, slide out of rift, banish, slide back in....

I guess the problem I have with this rework is it kind of ruins the point of all his abilities and the way they work currently. The Rift is and has been a separate plane, and moving things in the middle while adding precision penalties almost seems counterintuitive. However I get that current Limbo is too reliant on Stasis/Cataclysm, I just believe theres a better way to approach this problem, rather than slightly bridging the gap between planes.

12 hours ago, TzXtetriC said:

A reason I never use banish since the rework, so tedious to banish, slide in rift, kill, slide out of rift, banish, slide back in....

I don't mind having to be in the same plane, I like the extra effort. The reason I don't use it now is because it's aoe. Even on basic range it hits a lot of targets in a cone, which makes it more of a pain to keep under control when I'm trying to avoid making life hard for my teammates. A small circular radius would be better, like Frost's 1.

11 hours ago, XxaamirxX said:

I just believe theres a better way to approach this problem, rather than slightly bridging the gap between planes.

I've tried to think of several ways to rework the rift to remain useful without hindering the team. The only solution I've come to that solves most problems, without angering people that want to keep it as is, is to change how allies are affected by our rift powers. Make it apply a buff to them for the duration that changes their dodge to be like Limbo's giving them the ability to jump in and out of the rift at will on their own. Still not perfect, but it's either that or change the way the Rift interacts with players and NPCs entirely.

13 hours ago, Edzhang said:

I would hate reverting it because it was so clunky to use.  A banish wave like it is now is much easier and more effective.  And being able to only banish to Rift or Real Plane is rather helpful.  But I do understand the sentiment of reviving the old playstyle.