Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Is The Non-Prime Latron?

LtTom

It is the marksman's rifle.

If you want a flexible gun that deals reliable damage, and you're good at hitting weak-points, this is the gun for you. With proper modding you'll be able to put most of the lighter enemies in the game down in 1-2 shots.

I love mine, I always end up going back to my Latron after trying other guns out, and unless I know a certain weapon will be better for a certain situation (or I just feel like playing something else for fun) it's my go to primary.  I'd only get rid of it after getting a Latron Prime.

For more solid reasons, everything Numot said.  Speed Trigger also helps a lot if you want to fire off more rounds quickly.  The downside to the gun is the long reload time and small magazine, so you'll have to mod around that or keep that in mind.

The non-prime latron is still a great weapon if used in certain situations.  It is not an up-close and personal type weapon.  If you use it from a distance, get up on a box some where during defense missions, or kind of hang in the back and use it sort of in a sniper utility position it can be great.

I personally always make sure to put speed trigger on it, for faster shooting. Add all typical elemental mods and serration and it can be quite great.

i think it's fine when you throw in a potato and two or 3 formas (but then every gun is fine)

maxed magazine mod, reload speed and fire speed a mandatory on this gun to make it somewhat usefull

if you have the prime BP and parts, make this one or at least save your potato for it

I feel like everything this gun does, the vasto does better. The only thing it doesn't do better ranged killing and even then after some practice it can be great. That being said its still a great weapon to level when you capping ak vipers, ak bronkos, ak furis, ect. It gives you a decent ranged weapon choice when you don't want a sniper rifle, but want to be accurate at a distance.

Good rifle with excellent range.

But can cause this after some serious usage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheumatoid_arthritis

Still going strong after months of firecap boosted Latron/Akbolto/Dual Zoren use, nothing wrong here.

but then again i've played rhythm games for 7 years so getting ~700 RPM on Akboltos with mouse clicks alone isn't that big of a deal for me.

Not worth getting since there are many weapons out there, which are much better..

Also the Prime version is utterly useless on lvl 60+ enemies.

Nonsense, hitting weak spots is what you're suposed to do and please don't give me the "some weapons have horrible recoil and accuracy" because latron is more than capable of hiting the head constantly.

Here's a comparisson with a Boltor on a lvl 100 heavy gunner, boltor does half the damage but fires twice as fast and oddly the numbers end up beeing similar.

If i can manage with a boltor, so can you with a latron.

Enemies below lvl 100 and you start seeing that latron wins as the damage is higher even when boltor damage is multiplied by 2

Boltor:

a4v4.jpg

Latron:

mgsx.jpg