Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guide to kill/capture teralysts - for ANY warframe

(PSN)supersocc11

Question

I know the teralyst fight cycle well and have killed a few in groups, but id like to play solo or with 1 other friend.

I already know the most efficient way to do this is the get a chroma and a sniper rifle and get your bounty 5 lures and go ham. Well I don't like chroma and don' want to play as him. Unfortunately I like all the frames that are useless in teralyst fights...(atlas,excal,ash,ember,wukong,etc).

So I was wondering if you kind tenno could give me some tips on how to kill a teralyst solo or with 1 other friend WITHOUHT chroma/trin/harrow/rhino. I know it's not the efficient way and takes much longer but i don' care im stubborn lol...what amp should I work toward? What primary and secondary? My opticor has 3 forma and i do like 4k damage per shot, which basically tickles the big guy...what gun is the best? 

Thanks in advance!

11 answers to this question

No frame can be considered "useless" since the majority of the fight is operator based. There's only playing the meta. 

I run banshee, and i don't care what anybody says.

I use Euphona Prime when it comes time to shooting the limbs. I don't know if Radiation helps with the teralyst, but the build is for high level(100+) Bombards and takes them down in a single shot more often than not. 

9 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

No frame can be considered "useless" since the majority of the fight is operator based. There's only playing the meta. 

I run banshee, and i don't care what anybody says.

I use Euphona Prime when it comes time to shooting the limbs. I don't know if Radiation helps with the teralyst, but the build is for high level(100+) Bombards and takes them down in a single shot more often than not. 

I like your style! Can you please post your build? And do you use the secondary fire or normal?

9 minutes ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

I like your style! Can you please post your build? And do you use the secondary fire or normal?

Build is for the Primary fire since the secondary range is abysmal.

It's a pretty standard build - Built for Radiation.

Admittedly, it uses a Riven, but the build was the same before i got the riven:

warframe.x64_2017_12_2xavu.jpg

I don't one shot the limbs of the terralyst, but the damage done is far from inconsequential. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

what amp should I work toward?

I use: T2 Prism; T1 Scaffold, T3 Brace. This works quite well. I have solo'd the Eidolon with a Volt using the Amp setup (you get damage buffs from Volt shield). It does not matter if you have no Volt though (just slower).

pticor has 3 forma and i do like 4k damage per shot

Opticor works fine. Build it for high Radiation damage, with CC and CD. Mine was doing acceptable damage without any damage buffs (again, Volt can help). 

What primary and secondary?

My suggestion would be any crit weapon built for radiation. Or, just a high damage weapon with radiation.

I have solo'd it with Volt, Opticor, Vaykor Marelock and the amp I mentioned above (I can provide builds if you need them). If you plan to use the lures as well, it can be useful to have a frame that can heal them (i.e. Trinity).

EDIT: Forgot to say, large energy pads are fairly essential with Volt. 

Something to aim for:

My personal preference, which is fairly quick (7 or 8 minutes) is to run as Trinity (for bless) and my friend as Chroma (buff). It is more efficient than running a squad of four. It could be something to aim for - get Trinity and Chroma, then its fairly easy.

Edited by krc473
Added EDIT texts

2 hours ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

I know the teralyst fight cycle well and have killed a few in groups, but id like to play solo or with 1 other friend.

I already know the most efficient way to do this is the get a chroma and a sniper rifle and get your bounty 5 lures and go ham. Well I don't like chroma and don' want to play as him. Unfortunately I like all the frames that are useless in teralyst fights...(atlas,excal,ash,ember,wukong,etc).

So I was wondering if you kind tenno could give me some tips on how to kill a teralyst solo or with 1 other friend WITHOUHT chroma/trin/harrow/rhino. I know it's not the efficient way and takes much longer but i don' care im stubborn lol...what amp should I work toward? What primary and secondary? My opticor has 3 forma and i do like 4k damage per shot, which basically tickles the big guy...what gun is the best? 

Thanks in advance!

Amp 2 or 3 ( its more a question of personal choice than real performance ).

Without a trinity or oberon and with only 2 persons in the group ... its going to be dificult to keep lures alive ... and for having a chance you will have to pick lvl 30 ones .

Opticor its the best weapon for the job  (takes 7 formas to do a decent build... so maybe that why you do "tickles") ... and radiation its mandatory .

Edited by Yagamilight123

8 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Amp 2 or 3 ( its more a question of personal choice than real performance ).

Without a trinity or oberon and with only 2 persons in the group ... its going to be dificult to keep lures alive ... and for having a chance you will have to pick lvl 30 ones .

Opticor its the best weapon for the job  (takes 7 formas to do a decent build... so maybe that why you do "tickles") ... and radiation its mandatory .

What do you think of the rubico? I think I might want to pump some forma into it to see if I like it better than the opticor

You don't need the lures on the beginning of the fight. You can take out 3 limbs, and before taking out the fourth, grab two lures. When the Teralyst goes down and starts calling for vomvalysts to heal it, your lures will charge really quick. Then, it's just a matter of finishing it off.

That's how I've been doing with randoms, using a Chroma tho, it's been working.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

You don't need the lures on the beginning of the fight. You can take out 3 limbs, and before taking out the fourth, grab two lures. When the Teralyst goes down and starts calling for vomvalysts to heal it, your lures will charge really quick. Then, it's just a matter of finishing it off.

That's how I've been doing with randoms, using a Chroma tho, it's been working.

O.o you need lure all the fight ... unless you want to walk / flight for the map losing a lot of time .

Edited by Yagamilight123

Can't expect much efficiency when playing with randoms... I've been queued with a Trin that didn't heal Lures once (they were killed in the last stage).

It's unlikely that DE intended this, but regardless of intentions, the design they implemented gives a huge advantage to a few frames.  The community is perfectly justified in recognizing this reality and wanting to optimize their teams to maximize their loot per second.

That said, I'm very much with you.  I don't like feeling all but forced to use Trinity or Chroma.  Hopefully in future updates DE will address this problem and level the playing field.