Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

OVERWATCH?????????????????????????

Almighty_Jado

Only major update to warframe this year was PoE wasnt it? Lets be honest and critical too of warframe developers. They havent really kept a steady stream of new content. Infact they keep hitting creative roadblocks. Really 12 months for TWW and we've had 2 new mission types and 1 new environment since January this year. 2015 Warframe had a legit claim to this award in 2015* but this year content has been dry

Yes we see new warframes and weapons but tonnes of games are undergoing the same micro content releases. League of legends, Paragon, blade and soul, Dragon nest, MXM, Starbound). All Warframe had was PoE as a major update and PoE didnt offer anywhere near as much as I saw in Destiny 2, Black Desert. Infact now that i think about it how can Warframe even be up for the award? Warframe hasnt even been giving us meaning seasonal events that were rehashed of previous years.

Edited by CarrotSalad
mistype

what people don't seem to realize is that even though Warframe didn't win, this is still a huge deal in terms of publicity. there are still many people who haven't heard of the game that we love so much, and after seeing it at the VGA, they may become interested in joining our community. there will be people who left Warframe in the past that see it up in the nominations and think "they must have made some crazy changes to be nominated for this, maybe I should go back and see what all the fuss is about!". there will be people asking "so what's this "Warframe" game all about"? to people who play it.

yes, it would've been nice to throw that accolade around, but Warframe has reached the ears of the AAA-following Masses and offered them an alternative, which given the way many anticipated releases turn out these days, might start looking rather appealing. Warframe has jumped into a major spotlight and has proven it can contend with the heavyweights, and this should drive in a ton of new players, which is only a good thing for DE.

I'll be honest though, I genuinely believed GTA was gonna win via Rockstar bribing the officials, but Overwatch got it instead. Overwatch isn't a bad game IMO, just a little too PvP centred for my tastes. it's one of those easy to learn/difficult to master games that people of all ages can get to grips with. it's audience is wide, it's developer is huge, and it has a lot of money behind it. Warframe was the Underdog of the award ceremony, and I don't think banking on us to win outright was a wise decision. but it goes to show what a little-known bunch of Canadian Devs can accomplish over time!

besides, there's always next year.

39 minutes ago, CarrotSalad said:

Only major update to warframe this year was PoE wasnt it? Lets be honest and critical too of warframe developers. They havent really kept a steady stream of new content. Infact they keep hitting creative roadblocks. Really 12 months for TWW and we've had 2 new mission types and 1 new environment since January this year. 2015 Warframe had a legit claim to this award in 2015* but this year content has been dry

Yes we see new warframes and weapons but tonnes of games are undergoing the same micro content releases. League of legends, Paragon, blade and soul, Dragon nest, MXM, Starbound). All Warframe had was PoE as a major update and PoE didnt offer anywhere near as much as I saw in Destiny 2, Black Desert. Infact now that i think about it how can Warframe even be up for the award? Warframe hasnt even been giving us meaning seasonal events that were rehashed of previous years.

Yea well the problem with that is simple.. What did Overwatch add? One new map? Maybe two? One new hero? Yea that's a lot of content :/ I still wish Warframe got this one since the plains update was HUGE, and Activision Blizzard really only cares about money. 

47 minutes ago, EmilotMargus said:

Yea well the problem with that is simple.. What did Overwatch add? One new map? Maybe two? One new hero? Yea that's a lot of content :/ I still wish Warframe got this one since the plains update was HUGE, and Activision Blizzard really only cares about money. 

Indeed.. I have never played overwatch so i didnt know what they had. But VGA should not have omitted so many other games.

Keeping such a small pool of options meant people who felt invested in other games like myself didnt engage in the actual voting process. The whole thing was a rigged contest for the game with the biggest community and not a fair representation fo the gaming public.

5 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

WHAT THE ACTUAL MUCK?

To be fair though, Overwatch is a fantastic PVP game, with iconic characters and a legendary team behind, and as good as warframe is, as an F2P game, it really only started to come into the public eye now, atleast in my opinion, ( as i started after only hearing about the open world segment myself). Im actually honestly just impressed that a warframe even made it into the awards, the game is definitely getting there as of now!