Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Needs Freeze Buff Or Change Of Skill

RouvenDesc

All of Frost's skills are useful but the freeze needs a little damage boost or like a wave of air freezing enemies who gets in contact with it (like infested poison but it doesn't do much damage) so that it won't just be a flying ice delaying an enemy.

The trouble with Freeze is that it's easy to miss with sometimes, especially at mid-long range, far TOO easily cancelled by stray bullets, has only negligible damage scaling with mod level, which makes anything above rank 0 wasted mod points and only works on one target for some arbitrary reason. Make it a hit-scan blast (like the Vor freeze bit in the E3 trailer) with an AoE knockdown effect that deals some damage to those caught in the blast radius and none to the primary target who most importantly, cannot be prematurely thawed.

For me the Freeze should be an at target snap freeze. Super chills the air in a target area and freezes everything there or slows it, depending on level. Sort of like Avalanch, just instead of doing damage it slows or completely freezes targets, and then when you hit them you do like say 1.5X damage to them or something.

As apposed to "I throw a snowball" at them.

FREEZE  is weak, NYX Control Mind is a Hell 5x better than Freeze because.
MIND CONTROL                  vs                FREEZE
Time: 30 seconds                                     Time 10 seconds
Target fight on your side                           Target is frozen can't move
Even when shoted skill still work               Freeze stop work when target get health damage

What the hell?

My PROPOSALS:
FREEZE
-Freeze target for 30 seconds, even when target get health damage is still frozen.
-Frozen enemy get double damage (because frozen target is easier to crush to the pieces)
[this skill will be good for one target]
-When target get more than 800dmg, freeze stop working

ICE WAVE
-Ice crystals are stay in the map for 10 seconds.
-When Ice crystals are shoted, they crush to the pieces and all nearby enemies are hited by Ice razor sharps making 25 damage armor piercing and stagger them (it will just make that skill useful in high levels)
or
-Ice wave stay in the map for 3 seconds and then they will automaticly explode to pieces and hit the all nearby enemies by Ice razor sharps making 100 damage armor piercing and stagger them (this will too make this skill useful in high level missions, stagger+slow=5 seconds time to do damage)
[this skill will be good for many targets in front of you]

SNOW GLOBE
-4x bigger radius (bigger=worst, because all enemies inside can still shot you, making you unable to regenerate shield)
or
-8x bigger radius, deleting this globe that destroy all misiles (it will only slow enemies in big range)
-When used it stagger enemies (because enemies are not prepared for strong gust of air [only while casted])
[this skill is good for defend]

AVALANCHE
-Radius 20 metres (because Rhino and Volt ultimate skill 4th have 20 metres radius)
-After avalanche all enemies are still Frozen for 5 seconds, frozen targets get double damage if hurted (because frozen targets are easier to crush to the pieces)
[this skill is good when there is a lot of enemies nearby]

Edited by IfritKajiTora

• 1 month later...

Nekros' Soul Punch is exactly what I want Freeze to be since the benefits of ragdolling even just one enemy far outweigh the benefits of freezing an enemy for every Tom, $&*^, Harry and their sentinel to immediately break the effect.

I haven't slotted Freeze for months. Once every blue moon I see another Frost player actually use it and it's pretty depressing to see what they were trying to achieve, only to have errant aoe/gunfire ruin the moment.

Nekros' Soul Punch is exactly what I want Freeze to be since the benefits of ragdolling even just one enemy far outweigh the benefits of freezing an enemy for every Tom, $&*^, Harry and their sentinel to immediately break the effect.

I haven't slotted Freeze for months. Once every blue moon I see another Frost player actually use it and it's pretty depressing to see what they were trying to achieve, only to have errant aoe/gunfire ruin the moment.

Well, you haven't see the outside users play frost (such as myself) because even though freeze is not the best skill for frost, it can freeze/stun enemies for a period of time just to either recover health/shields or even take the advantage of shooting the enemy while frozen. (worked like a charm for grineer bosses, and others excluding kril and some bosses) But after taking a number of damage, the freeze effect forfeits. Then you need to freeze again. There are possibilities with freeze and it buys you time in a situation. Yeah snow globe works better but not always for a single target to three.

The recent Well of Life buff has rather exacerbated the situation as well, resulting in Trinity beating Frost in the game of single-target CC. Yet another reason NOT to use him (I haven't since mid-Update 8), as much as I really want to.

Edited by Yurinaga

Why do so many people want Freeze to deal more damage (or increase the damage targets take)?  Frost isn't a DPS frame, stop treating him like one.  If you want to deal large amounts of damage, go play Nova, Saryn, or any other DPS warframe. 

Anyhow, I do agree that Freeze needs a bit of a touch-up.  However, all it really needs is to be instant cast (not a projectile), last longer, and not break with damage (the target should remain immune to damage as well; otherwise it would be overpowered).  Making it into a small AoE might be nice, but isn't necessary for the skill to be useful.