Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neurodes Are Impossible To Get Now

Darktmn

Yeah, I'm having difficulty getting any as well. At the same time, I know people that are just swimming in them. Just RNG Gods again I suppose.

This should not be an issue.  Not everyone can play all day every day.  The ridiculous drop rates are alienating working class individuals who simply don't see the use in farming all day to maybe, or more likely not, get a drop.

It's kind of killing the game for me--I spent weeks killing phoroid for neurodes, and outside of the loot bug, I haven't gotten any since june. If I had known the "loot bug" was a bug, I'd have abused it more. I thought they had just finally fixed the neurode problem. Silly me.

I gotten 5 neurodes in a single run.

RNG is RNG.

And Rare is Rare. Higher level missions have a better chance of dropping them as well. I think that's the shift we aren't use to. We are so use to going to a low level mission, rick rolling through (and trolling new kids who many older players leave in the dust) and getting what we want.

I think it's a reaction to keeping higher level people in higher level missions. I just received five in a three phase Xini run, which I am excited about. I quit farming hek unless I had low level weapons in all three slots and were leveling them.

Outside of that you're probably going to have to go to higher level content.

Go farm Phoird. Look for them. Don't rely on Boss drops for your materials. 

I'm more concerned about the Plastid drop rate. Which is pretty much causing me to want to quit the game.  I don't mind farming/earning my rewards... but being constantly dissapointed and running through hundreds of infested and checking every nook and cranny... and still getting out of missions with 0 plastids... Only deters me from wanting to play anymore. 

And Rare is Rare. Higher level missions have a better chance of dropping them as well. I think that's the shift we aren't use to. We are so use to going to a low level mission, rick rolling through (and trolling new kids who many older players leave in the dust) and getting what we want.

I think it's a reaction to keeping higher level people in higher level missions. I just received five in a three phase Xini run, which I am excited about. I quit farming hek unless I had low level weapons in all three slots and were leveling them.

Outside of that you're probably going to have to go to higher level content.

It is absolute rubbish though, that DE is trying to force everybody into Phorid/Xini to get the INSANE amounts of Neurodes they want for every stinking weapon BP on the Marketplace these days, though.

Is a newbie expected to use a Braton and a Lato clear till Xini? Seriously?

That's ridiculous. Neurodes are listed as drops on Earth, they should actually drop there.

I have like 40+ Neurodes from farming Thunderbolt on Xini. 

I think they screwed something over with Alloy Plate, since I can get 115 Alloy Plate in one drop. 

*Picks up another resource drop "WTF 70 Salvage???*

You're farming them in the wrong place. An average Venus run doesn't take all that long and yields 200-400 Alloy Plates per run assuming you are actually looking for stuff/smashing stuff open/etc.

But that's not like going to Earth and doing 50+ missions and getting -1- of something you need 4-8 of to make a single weapon.

Edited by Xylia

I agree the Neurodes drop rate feels a bit low, but then again, it is all RNG again. I'd prefer them dropping more as well, as I have tons of alternative helmets just waiting to be glued together, but they are all missing one thing... Neurodes. 2 of them.

Maybe increase the neurodes drop quantity slightly, to one or two per drop instead of always one? This would still keep it rare but makes it a lot less of a pain to look for.

Another way of solving the Neurode problem, is to attack it from another angle:

REDUCE THE FREAKING AMOUNT OF NEURODES WE NEED TO MAKE EVERYTHING.

Why do the AFuris need EIGHT Neurodes? It isn't even all that great of a gun in the first place.

Why do Alt Helmets need 2 Neurodes each, when regular Warframe Helmets don't need any?

Why does the Sobek need 5 (IIRC?) Neurodes?

Why does the Vasto need 4?

Some of these weapons could be changed to Morphics instead of Neurodes, as many of us have tons of those because they're never used in anything outside of maybe one of the thrown weapons I think takes 5-10 of them, and a couple swords IIRC.

Putting sensory organs on a WEAPON makes no freaking sense anyways. I mean, wtf? Why do I need to jam an eyeball onto a weapon? I look at the Vasto and I'm like "ok, where's the neurodes?"

Now, MORPHICS... those make sense. The Vasto looks like it has a wooden handle grip. Wood no longer exists in large quantities in a future where everybody is on space ships and the only trees you see are in Orokin Void and Clan Dojos. Morphics are supposed to be some mysterious orokin element that can change itself to anything else, including wood. So, the Vasto having Morphics as a resource makes a lot more sense than going "Oh, Neurodes! Let's make it take Neurodes!"

Edited by Xylia

It's all RNG.  I ran Hek last night and received one on my 3rd attempt.

Our point is that the RNG is set too low for the number of Neurodes they expect us to collect to make our stuff.

We understand dry runs, but far too many people are doing 10, 20+ Vay Heks and getting 0. And why should we have to kill bosses to get any, anyways?

Since the U9 loot table fix, I've done probably about 80 missions on E Prime farming grineer for XP on various lowbie gear and I've gotten -1- Neurode at about the 50th run.

Our point is that the RNG is set too low for the number of Neurodes they expect us to collect to make our stuff.

We understand dry runs, but far too many people are doing 10, 20+ Vay Heks and getting 0. And why should we have to kill bosses to get any, anyways?

Since the U9 loot table fix, I've done probably about 80 missions on E Prime farming grineer for XP on various lowbie gear and I've gotten -1- Neurode at about the 50th run.

I agree.  Certain aspects of this game should not rely on RNG.  Just let us purchase them with credits or something....

But then what reason do you have to play? ;)

You need to play to earn credits, don't you? Well, ok, you can buy 30k creds with 30 platinum......lol

That way if you do 50 runs and end up dry you can use the credits you got from those missions to buy them instead.

But nooo, they had to stick em in for Platinum which DOES allow you to buy them without ever playing the game.

We asked for a Credit Dump, they gave us yet another Platinum Dump.

I'm left scratching my head here, thinking "why even play the game when everything is available for platinum?"

Seems like "No Platinum" means "No Fun" because farming stuff is a chore.

They claim Warframe isn't supposed to be about the farming, and here's a new weapon! Oh wait, it needs 4 of one of the worst resources in the game to get ahold of.....

Edited by Xylia

But then what reason do you have to play? ;)

I play to have fun and enjoy myself, whatever that brings with it.

Typically I will have fun even in grindy games like this one.  But grinds wear down very quickly....I hope they change that fast!

If things like Neurodes were drops and purchasable with credits, at least if you didn't get one in 10 runs you'd have 30k credits to buy one....

I play to have fun and enjoy myself, whatever that brings with it.

Typically I will have fun even in grindy games like this one.  But grinds wear down very quickly....I hope they change that fast!

If things like Neurodes were drops and purchasable with credits, at least if you didn't get one in 10 runs you'd have 30k credits to buy one....

^^

This.

It wouldn't be so bad if I knew I was guaranteed one after 10-15 missions... but when I come up dry for 20 missions in a row, I know I could get one next mission or go another 20 missions and still not have one...

The mat drops in another location of the map. If you are not seeing drops coming after several runs of Hek you should move somewhere else.

Im hearing a lot of people quote Hek and if this was a trend i understand if his loot tables were changed.

The mat drops in another location of the map. If you are not seeing drops coming after several runs of Hek you should move somewhere else.

Im hearing a lot of people quote Hek and if this was a trend i understand if his loot tables were changed.

I think he has the highest drop %?  Could be wrong....

Yeah they need to have their drop rates increased, but then again - a lot of the mats in Warframe do.

I say just make it credit purchasable.  That sounds win/win to me.

You run something X times with no drop, but in that time you earned enough credits to purchase what you needed anyway.  DE got their play time out of you, and you still got your materials.

Or some lucky few will be blessed with the drops =D

Personally I wish all mats for a sector would drop in endless defense (maybe they do already?)  That way you don't have to keep running through Veks stage and fighting him (which can be annoying).  I find endless defense much more palatable for material farming.

Did a earth boss run yesterday, 1 neurode from boss + 1 neurode from a random enemy

We did it again and we gained another neurode

2 runs, 3 neurodes, i can't really complain

I tested this today to see how long it was going to take me to get one for the Banshee Chorus helmet that just dropped and on the first try.

k93r.jpg

pop.