Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Mirage Prime?

(XBOX)weedyodaa

Not really no. This is one of the few prime accesses where I’m not really that excited. I’m more excited for the weapons themselves more than Mirage Prime herself. I still would have preferred to have Zephyr Prime more than Mirage. For me, I just don’t like Mirage’s abilities. 

All that aside though, Mirage Prime does look like a nice looking prime.

She looks decent enough, maybe the head is a little too big, but the energy effects make up for it. She's a rather bland frame for me so I won't buy her. 

The syandana looked awful in the promo and the armor looks decent at best. Ki'Teer Foros or Syrinx look much more interesting. 

Edited by aligatorno

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Not really no. This is one of the few prime accesses where I’m not really that excited. I’m more excited for the weapons themselves more than Mirage Prime herself. I still would have preferred to have Zephyr Prime more than Mirage. For me, I just don’t like Mirage’s abilities. 

All that aside though, Mirage Prime does look like a nice looking prime.

True, a large portion of players were slightly let down by the fact that Mirage got primed and Zephyr could really use the rework, especially since she's almost never played, from what I experienced. 

A shame all the old primes were just little gold bits and helmets.
The new ones are full on body skins.

Aside from increasing her energy stat, I wonder how much 'tankier' they'll make her in regards to her low health/ shields/ armour.
The weapons... we may see Boltace Prime in the future to finish the Bolt set.
I'm a bit annoyed about the Kogake though. I dissolved a stupendously good riven that would have gone well with it. Unless they plan to change the disposition/ stats on release like they did with the Aklex P.

Just now, CephalonNiksyn said:

I wonder if her prime armor is as good as Targis Prime.

Looks like Targis and Riv put together.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

True, a large portion of players were slightly let down by the fact that Mirage got primed and Zephyr could really use the rework, especially since she's almost never played, from what I experienced. 

My play style is more about being tanky. I love using Zephyr’s Turbulence skill since it makes Zephyr tanky. Zephyr is a fun frame to play with, she just needs to be reworked. Hopefully she will actually receive some love when she gets her prime.

1 minute ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

My play style is more about being tanky. I love using Zephyr’s Turbulence skill since it makes Zephyr tanky. Zephyr is a fun frame to play with, she just needs to be reworked. Hopefully she will actually receive some love when she gets her prime.

If they're still following in prime order, then yes, she might be next.. I'd hope.

5 minutes ago, INight00 said:

A shame all the old primes were just little gold bits and helmets.
The new ones are full on body skins.

Aside from increasing her energy stat, I wonder how much 'tankier' they'll make her in regards to her low health/ shields/ armour.
The weapons... we may see Boltace Prime in the future to finish the Bolt set.
I'm a bit annoyed about the Kogake though. I dissolved a stupendously good riven that would have gone well with it. Unless they plan to change the disposition/ stats on release like they did with the Aklex P.

Looks like Targis and Riv put together.

There's people who cry about Excalibur Prime not going to come out, although.. Well, Excalibur Prime was probably the ugliest prime there was. His helmet was the whole highlight of the skin..

Somewhat excited but not really, Mirage prime looks decent, I like her model and getting a new prime is always nice, specially for one of my first frames that i managed to craft.

Akbolto prime is the only thing im really hyped for, I recently got a riven for it and the model looks beautiful so im hyped for that.

Kogake prime is worthless to me, one of the most important parts of a melee weapon is the stance, and with how clunky and boring Grim fury & brutal tide are, it almost ruins the whole sparring category for me, if we are able to use the conclave stance in pve it might've made a difference, but right now till we get a new stance i might not even farm for it.

1 minute ago, Midrib said:

Kogake prime is worthless to me, one of the most important parts of a melee weapon is the stance, and with how clunky and boring Grim fury & brutal tide are, it almost ruins the whole sparring category for me, if we are able to use the conclave stance in pve it might've made a difference, but right now till we get a new stance i might not even farm for it.

I agree, Kogake in general wasn't much of a good melee to begin with, in my honest opinion.

Just now, (Xbox One)qcevolution said:

Im excited about her largely cuz I really enjoy Mirage, but i've always though her vanilla design was HORRIBLE. She look so unappealing, so any redesign is an upgrade for me. 

Agreeable, she was.. Hard to get a FashionFrame for. All I could do was make Harley Quinn, and that was it. But this might change that.

40 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

Welll, tomorrow is the big day for Mirage to be next up on Prime Access. The prime accessories are looking pretty good, what do you all think? Do any of you think she's worth the buy? I think she's worth it.. And all those sweet resource boosters and platinum.

Unless you really want the platinum or the forum avatar (and I mean really want them), no.

The prime accessories do look good on the surface and I'll be checking out public areas to see how they look in the game. The armor set is...this might be a must have. Some truly breathtaking art.

As for the PA itself, my default stance is to farm them up and that is what I'll be doing. MirageP herself I do want. The guns...eh, never was a fan of Akbolto; they won't be a priority. Kogake Prime...couldn't care less. I've never finished leveling Ankyros Prime and every time I try, I remember why I shelved them last time.

Your money, your call, of course. I prefer to farm stuff up if that option exists, since I like playing the game and it's a very good excuse to play the game.

Mirage certainly isnt the most liked frame around, but personally I love her overhauled design. DE has become more creative with the way they completely alter the appearance of Prime frames, instead of just adding extra gold bits to the regular frames like they did with Rhino... The akbolto prime are nice as well, not a big fan of the kogake ptime tho, I dont feel like an efficient killing machine with sparring type weapons.

1 minute ago, Sloan441 said:

Unless you really want the platinum or the forum avatar (and I mean really want them), no.

The prime accessories do look good on the surface and I'll be checking out public areas to see how they look in the game. The armor set is...this might be a must have. Some truly breathtaking art.

As for the PA itself, my default stance is to farm them up and that is what I'll be doing. MirageP herself I do want. The guns...eh, never was a fan of Akbolto; they won't be a priority. Kogake Prime...couldn't care less. I've never finished leveling Ankyros Prime and every time I try, I remember why I shelved them last time.

Your money, your call, of course. I prefer to farm stuff up if that option exists, since I like playing the game and it's a very good excuse to play the game.

If I'm gonna buy the prime accessories, I'll just use the platinum in the bundle to just buy Mirage Prime. Too lazy for the farm. 

Just now, EighthGear said:

Mirage certainly isnt the most liked frame around, but personally I love her overhauled design. DE has become more creative with the way they completely alter the appearance of Prime frames, instead of just adding extra gold bits to the regular frames like they did with Rhino... The akbolto prime are nice as well, not a big fan of the kogake ptime tho, I dont feel like an efficient killing machine with sparring type weapons.

Mirage's new prime appeal is a true eye-catcher, I must agree, and Rhino.. He was alright. I gotta love the way they made his shoulders, but.. They could have done way better.

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Mythical Warden said:

If I'm gonna buy the prime accessories, I'll just use the platinum in the bundle to just buy Mirage Prime. Too lazy for the farm. 

There's no platinum in prime accessories. It consists of only the accessories and boosters.