Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma turns Eidolon fights into a bad joke

(PSN)SlyFox5679

1 hour ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

Sounds like you may have never played a game with good repeatable boss fights.  There are some fights that just get more interesting and more engaging the more you do them.  But yeah, you won't find any of them in Warframe.

Like any of the fights in any of the dark souls games, specifically the ones in the citadel of ash dlc are the most interestimg though

On 12/11/2017 at 6:02 PM, (PS4)haseo_the_adept said:

To be 100% honest the ability to have chroma do massive damage is needed on the teralyst for me and many others, that things tough and you only get 50 minutes to fight it, and if you actaully plan on ranking up in the quills in a reasonable time quick tera farming is a must, last i tried i could do 2 a night, others can do 4 or 5 and its needed its fine just the way it is, not everyone can devote hour and hours to this game

i love chroma & put off using him on the teralyst bc i knew how much easier it be but i solo everything when im not with my clan mates so ive tried oberon, nekros, nidus, inaros, rhino, ember & frost & was able to barely take out 1 if at all b4 morning. with chroma & lanka i can solo 2. most of the time

Funny, nobody is talking about how much work and time it takes to get Chroma to the point of teralyst killer, 6+ forma, the right mods and weapon/setup's.

Take this into account when you talk about how overpowered Chroma can be...
It would be a vastly different story if "GOD" frames were OP fresh out of the forge.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ZELO-RUNGE said:

Funny, nobody is talking about how much work and time it takes to get Chroma to the point of teralyst killer, 6+ forma, the right mods and weapon/setup's.

It would be a vastly different story if "GOD" frames were OP fresh out of the forge.

Funny how there doesn't seem to be any shortage of these Chromas...

il y a 26 minutes, (PS4)ZELO-RUNGE a dit :

6 Forma??? I never even forma'd my Chroma, at best he has a Reactor on him.

I barely put on Narrow minded and 3 of the strength mods only to get 400%+ damage for 10-20 seconds, which is MORE than enough to kill a limb.
Add a okay-ish Radiation powerful crit weapon and you get instant oneshots and a boring boss fight.

On 12/11/2017 at 11:23 AM, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

I was in a couple groups this morning with some random chroma and another one the group after both of them turned the eidolon into a bad joke it was dead so quick.

is this what the dev's wanted for this boss fight that one frame with the right weapons can pretty much solo it ?

please don't respond that if i don't like it don't use chroma or play with it because thats just stupid to even say to anyone that disputes something that destroys any challenge.

I don't see the point of your complaint... the grind to Quills standing 5 requires something like 100~ Eidolon kills, and that's without buying anything... Then there's true grind to uncap and waybind all focus trees... Chroma, on a very well optimized team, earns you 5 kills a night... that's still 20+ night phases you need to do, and most teams aren't that good anyway and average 3-4 kills per night.  It's kind of obvious that with such a grindwall, adding overbearing difficulty would make no sense and just piss people off, forcing them away from the content.

If you want challenge that's fine - but that's you being inefficient, nobody else is going to back you on that.  If you want "challenge" go set up Simulacrum for some disgusting level enemies and enjoy dragging your d*ck through glass sand. 

I don't know any team who will voluntarily carry somebody through an Eidolon fight that takes 30+ minutes for a S#&$ payoff.    

It's Warframe, not Dark Souls.

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

On 12/15/2017 at 5:08 PM, (PS4)Elvenbane said:

I'm happy with what I was able to unlock with my points from Focus 1.0, so I'm good.

Devstream showed 2 new Eidolons, hopefully they are different enough to make for a fun fight on occasion, that's all I want, I won't be farming cores or focus.

So because you have no goals, nobody else should?  Go solo an Eidolon then and enjoy your challenge.  It's possible.  But you chiming in to a "nerf chroma" thread is only hurting others.  

4 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

So because you have no goals, nobody else should?  Go solo an Eidolon then and enjoy your challenge.  It's possible.  But you chiming in to a "nerf chroma" thread is only hurting others.  

I stated previously that if the only change is to make Chroma less effective against the Teralyst, that will only makes things MUCH worse as Chroma is what makes the current grind bearable; I definitely don't want that. Chroma is the communities work-around to the problem, but I'd like DE to provide a proper solution that also includes addressing the Quills standing and focus grind.

I have no in-game goals related to Quills and focus 2.0 because these are pointless if you aren't interested in maxing the operator and grindy beyond belief, I've reached my breaking point. Am I happy about this, no...will I be playing less Warframe because of it, yes.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:32 PM, (PS4)ZELO-RUNGE said:

I really think you're underestimating his power. with only 2 forma in, I was the Chroma of my 2-man team (2nd being a smart EV Trin), and at the time, the only corrupted mods I had were Blind Rage and Transient Fortitude... both only at r7. add to that Augur Message, and Continuity (nonprime) to push my duration over 32s. My primary weapon WAS a 4 forma Opticor, without a riven or corrupted mods... I could consistently 1 shot every weak point, and barely had to 2 shot his main health. 

Just like that, me and one other person were CAPTURING 3/night... many times carrying one or two MR6> who obviously had no idea what was going on.