Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur, Jack-of-all-trades. IS IT WORTH IT?

chobi_exe

7 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

enhanced-buzz-10128-1369921982-36.jpg?do

573.jpg

Pardon did you just said jack-of-all-trades? I literally taking him to every mission and doing very well (not just fine).

So you're saying that he's better than a master of one trade?
The thing that a Jack-of-all-trades, when properly done, is supposed to be?

After all, the whole saying is

Jack of all trades, master of none,
though oftentimes better than master of one.

I like my excalibur. DPS wise there aren't that much that come close. Hell, I accidentally killed a synthesis target more than once because he has this abnormal damage (try one shotting him with "regular" stuff...)

There is just the point with eximi. Energy leechers are a pain

4 minutes ago, xXFlippyXx said:

I like my excalibur. DPS wise there aren't that much that come close. Hell, I accidentally killed a synthesis target more than once because he has this abnormal damage (try one shotting him with "regular" stuff...)

There is just the point with eximi. Energy leechers are a pain

They are the hard counters to frames that use abilities heavily.

3 minutes ago, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

They are the hard counters to frames that use abilities heavily.

The energy drain isn't the biggest problem. From what I've seen they drop far less energy orbs. If they would drop the orbs like regular mobs it wouldn't be that much of a problem with energize r4 and zenurik 

So this snowballs hard in eximus strongholds 

funny thing... i didnt play excalibur since the very begining of the game when i menaged to get rhino and then next one and next one and i completely forgot about excalibur till last monday, i was kinda bored and thought i could play a few missions with one of my frames that i dont use in daily bases... i've chosen excalibur, put catalyst, make my own build and i must say im really having fun playing him at this moment :D

14 hours ago, General_Witherrrer said:

Well Thanks, sis, for starting a bully convention, and yes, I understand that I have to ditch excaliber If I am to get my MR higher.

Thanks yall. and I still hate you sis.

Okay, lemme give you some personal experience..

I used to be in your boat too, only excal. "Woah! He is so cool!" I get to the Limbo Theorem, I mainly use Limbo now, I'm MR 7. BTW, get Galatine, it'll save you a lot of time slashing without energy. 

Ok, nuff of the salt factory.

In TL:DR Excalibro has couple of pros and couple of cons, and I will try to list them as much as I can within my experience with him.

Pros :

1. Rave party.
2. Easy to mod.
3. While easy to mod, there are couple of various builds that you may want to specialize it depending on your tastes. 
4. Good damage output.
5. Has some CC.

Cons.

1. You may not be into rave.
2. No native self sustain.
3. You can't use melee rivens with him (also some melee mods don't work at all).
4. Drain frame.
5. Exalted weapons are flashy and stuff, but you can't swap gear fast and starting up Exalted weapons is troublesome during high levels.
6. In the same vain as the issues with exalted weapons - you can die by a cheap shot that landed during animations.

Edit : 

Summary - Worth to have and maybe spend couple of formas. Good for focus farming. Would play him for fun, but not for prolonged time.

Edited by phoenix1992

Excal is very, very powerful. 

But a jack of all trades? Definitely not.  He can pull off top tier DPS and CC pretty well, but that's it. He cannot buff nor can he support, and as a DPS frame he is slightly limited in that he has VERY HIGH single target DPS, while his AOE DPS is lacking compared to frames like Saryn, Mesa, Equinox, etc. 

For solo play however he's nearly in a class of his own. 

I main Excal just FYI. MR13 on PC, MR17 on PS4 with most frames maxed. 

Edited by Valor

8 hours ago, General_Witherrrer said:

Why did my sister turn me into a whiny little guy....

It's all good...

You have a preference and there is nothing wrong with that.

I think your sibling is just trying to tell you to keep and open mind...Which is also not a bad thing.

The game is going to encourage and reward you to try them all regardless, so it's not a big deal.

Excal Skills Pros and Cons

1. Makes him very mobile (can rush after a bullet jump/can fly for up to 3 casts)
1. Knocks enemies down leaving them open for ground finisher (Jat Kittag + Vulkan Blitz OR Prisma Obex + Entropy Detonation anyone?)
1. Makes Excal invincible during skill execution
1. Decent damage
1. Excal 1 is spammy and I think its way more fun than his 4.

2. Leaves enemies immobile
2. Leaves enemies open for finisher
2. Increases any damage
2. Range is really good without any range mods/OP with range mods
2. No enemy limit like some other frames CCs

3. Not as good, specially because the Mag combo does not work anymore if I'm not mistaken

4. Slash damage = Bleed = Level whatever enemies will melt
4. Has its own Radial Blind
4. Hits through walls/through enemies/infinite punch through
4. Is attracted by Mags field, making waves hit multiple times the same enemy
4. Looks cool
4. Takes 1 brain cell to use

Excal Passive 10% damage and attack speed with swords/machetes
- One of the best passives of the game, that allows you to use Spoiled Strike(+100% damage -20% Attack Speed) with less penalty.
- Scales very well with melee Riven, melee Aura, Life Strike(to heal yourself on demand)
- Only Inaros and Nidus have noticeably better passives

Excalibur stats
- Above average health
- Above average shield
- Above average energy
- Above average armor
- I bring my excal to any content and it will shine. It hardly ever dies with Life Strike, plus all the armor mods, plus 2 sets of rank 4 arcane graces. I saw Wukongs, Inaros, Chromas and Valkyrs die before me while I was able to sustain myself, not to mention abuse his number 1 invulnerability.

Conclave : Top Tier
- Bring a good shotgun
- Use his 1 to be invulnerable while you get close to your enemy, while dealing damage and slowing him down
- Now you're close with full health, your enemy is not at full health and is slow
- Shoot him with your shotgun or win the melee damage race because you engaged from advantage.

Excalibur on my frame tier : A+
- He is very effective, He can go anywhere, got lots of mobility and his 1 feels smoother than Atlas(1)/Hydroid(2)/Rhino(1), He can be invul for cheap energy.

Why not S tier?
- He is spammy like Atlas(1)/Nidus(1) and because of this He scores not as high in my FUN FACTOR.

Edited by Imniscor